Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Welcome to the eMobile thread, on Boards to answer your queries

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Decka

Hi I just got woke up by a text message to tell me that I have no credit, I get the same text every night shortly after 12. The text reads

Hi, you will need to top up if you would like to continue using data as you have no credit remaining.

It's an absolute nuisance that I get a text at this hour to tell me I need to top up! I'm well aware when I have and have not got credit and I don't need to be reminded especially at this hour!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

Decka wrote: »
    Hi I just got woke up by a text message to tell me that I have no credit, I get the same text every night shortly after 12. The text reads

Hi, you will need to top up if you would like to continue using data as you have no credit remaining.

It's an absolute nuisance that I get a text at this hour to tell me I need to top up! I'm well aware when I have and have not got credit and I don't need to be reminded especially at this hour!

Call customer care. The emobile reps have gone on holiday...permanently it seems

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭kao123

Hi, on Friday I had what I thought was an issue with my HTC one it was registered on the network, yet I could not receive or make any calls, texts, or emails.
    I rebooted the phone and it seemed fine for about 3 minutes then the issue returned.

I called customer care and they advised that they noticed a "location issue" with my number or sim?

So I was advised to power the phone off for a full 5 minutes which I did and everything seemed fine, I was in Dublin for the entire weekend and had no issues whatsoever with calls, text's emails .. the phone worked just fine.

However as soon as I arrived back in Limerick at around 8 pm and the exact same issue has happened, no calls, text's emails... nothing. I am pretty confident it is not my phone that has a problem as stated above it worked just fine when I was out of Limerick.

Can someone please advise if there is an issue with the network in or around the Limerick city area?

thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭gn3dr

Reading a bit here about data speeds in Dublin dropping in the last few weeks. 

I'm in Kerry - on emobile 30 day sim contract and we also have a meteor dongle in the house as well as my wifes phone also on emobile. 
    Data speeds have dropped here significantly for the last 3 months or so. 
    I have been on to customer support who fed me all the usual lines of BS about nothing having changed, asked me to reboot my phone etc... then asked me to change my SIM which I did and which obviosuly made no difference given that all three devices in the house are experiencing the same poor data speeds (download speeds of about 0.6 Mps!)
    I have verified that the speed struggles to make 1 Meg in Killarney, Tralee and everywhere else around Kerry that I have been. It was not like this previously.
    The last line of BS that customer support fed me was that the mast near my house had the power turned down because of a safety issue with a door missing from the ESB power supply box on the mast !!!!

There seems to be something going on with the meteor and e-mobile network in general down here but no one can say what - so I'm left with no option but to switch to Tesco - who I temporarily got a pay as you go dongle from to test and it is flying with down load speeds of 6 meg.

So final chance before I switch on Tuesday - what is going on with the network? Is it being affected by efibre rollout or something? If it is when is teh speed likley to return to normal?

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Darando

gn3dr wrote: »

I'm in Kerry - on emobile 30 day sim contract and we also have a meteor dongle in the house as well as my wifes phone also on emobile. 
    I have been on to customer support who fed me all the usual lines of BS about nothing having changed, asked me to reboot my phone etc... then asked me to change my SIM which I did and which obviosuly made no difference given that all three devices in the house are experiencing the same poor data speeds (download speeds of about 0.6 Mps!)
    I have verified that the speed struggles to make 1 Meg in Killarney, Tralee and everywhere else around Kerry that I have been. It was not like this previously.
    The last line of BS that customer support fed me was that the mast near my house had the power turned down because of a safety issue with a door missing from the ESB power supply box on the mast !!!!

There seems to be something going on with the meteor and e-mobile network in general down here but no one can say what - so I'm left with no option but to switch to Tesco - who I temporarily got a pay as you go dongle from to test and it is flying with down load speeds of 6 meg.

So final chance before I switch on Tuesday - what is going on with the network? Is it being affected by efibre rollout or something? If it is when is teh speed likley to return to normal?
    Good luck getting an answer on here..not a single response to me..11 hours resposne time..92% repsonse rate..I guess I fall outside all of them. Tesco Mobile calling again since they removed their data speed cap limit...The data speeds seemed to drop around the lauch of 4G

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭gn3dr

Darando wrote: »

Good luck getting an answer on here..not a single response to me..11 hours resposne time..92% repsonse rate..I guess I fall outside all of them. Tesco Mobile calling again since they removed their data speed cap limit...The data speeds seemed to drop around the lauch of 4G
    Jeez it's pretty ****e customer service from them alright. Waste of time ringing them at this stage - only came on here as a last resort - but why should I bother? - better to just vote with my feet I think....Off to Tesco mobile I go. 

• Registered Users Posts: 3,468 ✭✭✭Masala

Hi Emobile....

Got a text message to say DD returned.   This is 3rd month this has happened.   I have sent 2 x Completed DD's back to emobile and still DD is bouncing.   Have checked Bankl and plenty of money in there.  

So ... there is a problem with the DD details....can someone contact me from that department??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,468 ✭✭✭Masala

Sorted on Chat function with Stephan on emobile.ie   
    so ignore post above

• Registered Users Posts: 4,032 ✭✭✭BArra

i am in Cork and have also noticed significant drop in 3G speed, i get under 1mb down and under 1mb up, emobile have said nothing is wrong but my colleague is also on emobile and her speed is the same. looks like emobile is throttling or is congested?

i have been all around cork from east to west so would be connecting to different masts, all have the same results of speed under 1mb

cant even stream a youtube video, its terrible

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭shanemkelly

How to add eMobile as a Payee for online banking?

I have eMobile's BIC & IBAN, but how do I make sure a payment to that account is credited to me?

Do I put my Customer Number & Name in the 'Description' (so it appears beside a payment on your system)?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭shanemkelly

How to add eMobile as a Payee for online banking?

I have eMobile's BIC & IBAN, but how do I make sure a payment to that account is credited to me?

Do I put my Customer Number & Name in the 'Description' (so it appears beside a payment on your system)?
    As eMobile queries seem now to be dealt with on their "Let's talk" forum on www.emobile.ie, I'm just going to paraphrase the answer I received to this query on there; there's no facility to do this at the moment.
    There you go...

Anybody else still getting under 1mb 3g speed with emobile?

I Get 0.7mb download no matter what mast I'm connected to.

I'm on the select unlimited 34.50 contract.

I'm pretty sure now emobile are throttling users..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

BArra wrote: »

1.45 just now for me in Castledermot, Kildare. 

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭swampyk08

Al Capwned wrote: »
    BArra wrote: »

1.45 just now for me in Castledermot, Kildare. 
    1mb just now at the GPO. Same contract as BArra.

Anybody else? Why isn't there more people bringing it to attention? It's been ongoing over a month at least

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Decka wrote: »

Hi Decka,

If you disable your mobile data then this will prevent these texts from being sent. They are automated and you would receive them when your phone is trying to pick up an internet connection.

Thanks,

Al

kao123 wrote: »
    Hi, on Friday I had what I thought was an issue with my HTC one it was registered on the network, yet I could not receive or make any calls, texts, or emails.
    I rebooted the phone and it seemed fine for about 3 minutes then the issue returned.

I called customer care and they advised that they noticed a "location issue" with my number or sim?

So I was advised to power the phone off for a full 5 minutes which I did and everything seemed fine, I was in Dublin for the entire weekend and had no issues whatsoever with calls, text's emails .. the phone worked just fine.

However as soon as I arrived back in Limerick at around 8 pm and the exact same issue has happened, no calls, text's emails... nothing. I am pretty confident it is not my phone that has a problem as stated above it worked just fine when I was out of Limerick.

Can someone please advise if there is an issue with the network in or around the Limerick city area?

thanks in advance.

Hi Kao123,

Can you advise how long you have had the SIM card? Can you also try the SIM card in another phone. If the problem persists and the SIM card has not been relplaced recently then I would recommend popping to your nearest store and trying a SIM swap.

Thanks,
    Al

Hi Guys,

Apologies for the delayed response.

We're currently having this checked out with our Tech team. As far as I am aware we've not had any reported issues but we'll flag this and get back to you as soon as we know more.

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 12,229 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Hi,I i have recently got 3 new iPhones off ye.
    I emailed ye a few times to get unlock codes for 2 of the old ones but have heard nothing back.
    Can you sort this out for me please?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,229 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Anyone?
    Can someone even tell me what's the usual waiting time for unlock?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,458 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Can anyone confirm if a sim replacement fixes the 3G issue? I get less than 0.4Mbps down, and about 2Mbps up. 6 months ago I'd be getting 22Mbps down, so big issues there seems.

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭Michael8000

Hi,

Will the iPhone 6 64gb be available on e-mobile and if so when will it be in stock, what will the cost of the unit be and what price plans are applicable as an existing broadband customer.

Thanks.

antodeco wrote: »
    Can anyone confirm if a sim replacement fixes the 3G issue? I get less than 0.4Mbps down, and about 2Mbps up. 6 months ago I'd be getting 22Mbps down, so big issues there seems.

Trying elsewhere tonight and got 0.3Mbps second down and 0.28Mbps up.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭swampyk08

antodeco wrote: »
    Hi antodeco - I replaced my Sim because of this issue about two months ago. I did it in the Henry St shop. Ran speedtest before and after swapping Sim - no difference. The guys in the shop put it down to contention.

Same issue as yerselves, months now of Crap 3g. Just did test there, 0.25mbps. Terrible.

Any update? I've now changed sim card, changed phone and still the same. It's a specific number issue. Have another Emobile phone beside it, and that's connecting fine.

Check the emobile.ie internet on your phone forum and contribute to some of the threads from numerous other customers highlighting this exact same issue.

The more of us that highlight it the more they can't ignore it.

There seems to be a lot of HTC phone users having this issue

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,381 ✭✭✭Doom

Hi... I've an issue with a top up, sent a pm to Grainne ... Anyone help me thanks

Hi Doom,

Could PM me directly and I'll look into this.

Thanks,

Alan

• Advertisement

Hi Doom,

Could PM me directly and I'll look into this.

Thanks,

Alan

Hi Alan,
    Any update on my posts above...?

Advertisement