Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Welcome to the eMobile thread, on Boards to answer your queries

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

bappelbe wrote: »
    Hi
    A bit like whiterebel above I am getting a lot of texts to say that I have missed a call, even thought I am in reception and have not moved. people who are calling me say it goes straight to my voicemail.

I also notice that it usually takes ages to connect a call that I am making.

Does anyone else experience this?
    Morning bappelbe

Have you tried your sim in a different phone for at least 20 minutes?  Sometimes it could be a faulty sim, memory on the phone, 3rd party apps or your handset.

Try your sim in a different phone and get back to me on that.  How old is this sim?

-Al

• Registered Users Posts: 4,482 ✭✭✭harr

Hi
    Same happening to me,switched sim to different phone for a few hours but still have the problem ,my sim is about year and a half old. Missed two important calls this morning even though my phone was on desk beside me with full Signal. I tried ring my own phone from second phone and went straight to voice mail.

harr wrote: »
    Hi
    Same happening to me,switched sim to different phone for a few hours but still have the problem ,my sim is about year and a half old. Missed two important calls this morning even though my phone was on desk beside me with full Signal. I tried ring my own phone from second phone and went straight to voice mail.
    Hi there Harr

Thank you so much for getting in touch.

That sim sounds like it could be faulty.  There are plenty of better & stronger sims out so collect a free replacement one in your local store and see how this is for you then.

-Al

• Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Hi, I noticed on my bill I'm getting charged for more MMS messages than usual. Am I being charged the MMS rate for messages which contain emojis?

Hi
    A bit like whiterebel above I am getting a lot of texts to say that I have missed a call, even thought I am in reception and have not moved. people who are calling me say it goes straight to my voicemail.

Good morning bappelbe

Have you tried turning your phone off for at least 5 minutes to do a location update.  If your sim is older than the phone or older than a year, I would suggest that you get yourself a new pin.  Have you tried putting your sim into a different phone (for at least 20 minutes) to see if this eliminates the problem?

Try these things to we can see if it's a faulty sim or phone and then we can follow it up from there.

-Al

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭Emmser

Hi All,

I have an I phone 5 with emobile, I upgraded recently but it has little or no storage, which means I can only ever have 4 apps, around thirty pictures and I contantly have to keep deleting my messages. Is there any memory I can buy (I already increased my I cloud but I'm talking only about the phone). I bought this only a few months ago. Is there anyway I can even update to get more memory? I'm just so frustrated by it and you'd think the person in the shop might of mentioned the tiny storage to me considering my I phone 4 was gigantic in comparison!

Emmser wrote: »
    Hi All,

I have an I phone 5 with emobile, I upgraded recently but it has little or no storage, which means I can only ever have 4 apps, around thirty pictures and I contantly have to keep deleting my messages. Is there any memory I can buy (I already increased my I cloud but I'm talking only about the phone). I bought this only a few months ago. Is there anyway I can even update to get more memory? I'm just so frustrated by it and you'd think the person in the shop might of mentioned the tiny storage to me considering my I phone 4 was gigantic in comparison!
    Hi there Emmser

Unfortunately there is no expandable memory for the iPhones so whatever GB you have on your phone, will be the amount available to you

-Al

• Registered Users Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭An Ri rua

Hello,

I've had an eMobile Broadband contract for one year now and, while its been truly excellent, I'd like to go about closing the account now please.

Can you tell me what you need.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

An Ri rua wrote: »
    Hello,

I've had an eMobile Broadband contract for one year now and, while its been truly excellent, I'd like to go about closing the account now please.

Can you tell me what you need.
    Hi An Ri rua
    Sorry to hear you have to close account , if there are no fees attached we can help you here. Can you PM me your account details and I can have a look at this. Otherwise you can call 1800303458
    Tony

Hi folks,

I have PM'd Tony my details now since the 20th and still have not received any outcome. If there is no feedback, I now wish to close my account.

Please advice on next steps.

Kind regards

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Hasmunch

I have just joined eMobile and have a simple bill enquiry.
    I have the broadband and TV bundle and should only be charged €24 for my sim only mobile but the bill I received is charging me full price. 
    I have rang customer care for this simple enquiry and have been on hold for 45mins so far

the customer service had been very very poor so far. how long is the cooling off period to back out of TV and broadband contract.

Edit.. I gave up after an hour cos I actually have stuff to do today

Hi

Hi there bappelbe

Is your phone set so it automatically searches for the best 3g or 4g coverage?

-Al

john carro wrote: »
    how do i manage to get my money refunded from emobile???????????   which should never have been taken from my acc in the first place.taken on the 7th march for a emobile acc that never excisted ,,,never even got to press a button on the bloody phone,fed up been fobbed of by customer care and credit control,,names to remember,ray,larry morris to mention a few who or now reminding of the 3 stooges.............
    Hi there John

Have you contacted Customer Care to see about this?  The only way we can request a Direct Debit is when you signed up and applied for a contract.  Give them a call and make sure you have all your details ready so they can search for this.

If you were wrongly charged, they will process the refund immediately

-Kyle

Adamcp898 wrote: »
    Hi, I noticed on my bill I'm getting charged for more MMS messages than usual. Am I being charged the MMS rate for messages which contain emojis?
    Hi there Adamcp898

Emojis are considered MMS messages so they will be charged the same way

-Al

harr wrote: »
    Hi
    Hi there harr

Have you tried turning your phone onto 3G only or 2G only and see if this eliminates the issue?

Sounds like your phone is constantly searching for the best signal so give this a try and get back onto us here.

-Al

Why has Tony or whoever not followed up with me to close my account. or another option? I asked to close my account on the 19th january. That is 2 weeks ago and that is the date that I will be sticking to.
    Hi An Ri rua
    Sorry to hear you have to close account , if there are no fees attached we can help you here. Can you PM me your account details and I can have a look at this. Otherwise you can call 1800303458
    Tony
    Hi folks,

I have PM'd Tony my details now since the 20th and still have not received any outcome. If there is no feedback, I now wish to close my account.

Kind regards

Why has Tony or whoever not followed up with me to close my account. or another option? I asked to close my account on the 19th january. That is 2 weeks ago and that is the date that I will be sticking to.
    Hi An Ri rua
    Tony
    Hi folks,

Kind regards

Good morning

Someone tried contacting you yesterday but no answer. I'll follow up on this for you now.

-Al

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

Hi Folks

Please advise me what is required for one of your Business plans. Must the business be VAT registered?

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭DublinBeaker

just wondering is there a problem with network, cant receive any calls but can make them ?

just wondering is there a problem with network, cant receive any calls but can make them ?
    Hi DublinBeaker,

Apologies for the inconvenience , please follow this link for details : http://forums.meteor.ie/t5/Announcements-Services/Temporary-issue-affecting-mobile-coverage/m-p/189335#M797

Cheers
    Al

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭MorganIRL

Hi. How do go about finding my account details. As I only get an email about my bill every month and can't find any other details. Thks

MorganIRL wrote: »
    Hi. How do go about finding my account details. As I only get an email about my bill every month and can't find any other details. Thks
    Hi there MorganIRL

If you receive an email to say your bill is ready and to view this, the account number will be visible on the PDF file that you can download.

-Al

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭TriStar6

Hi. On the thirty twenty plan and rang on the 16th feb to cancel. No prob said the guy. Just got the money debited again. Rang up and the guy this time said its definitely done this time. But that's all he could do. That's not really good enough. I cancelled properly and would like the latest payment refunded.

TriStar6 wrote: »
    Hi. On the thirty twenty plan and rang on the 16th feb to cancel. No prob said the guy. Just got the money debited again. Rang up and the guy this time said its definitely done this time. But that's all he could do. That's not really good enough. I cancelled properly and would like the latest payment refunded.
    Hi there

Do you mind just sending me a PM with your number & pin and I'll have a look to see why this is happening

-Al

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭TriStar6

Hi there

Do you mind just sending me a PM with your number & pin and I'll have a look to see why this is happening

-Al
    Hi,
    We got back in touch with customer support in the meantime who refunded the payment and advised that the auto renewal is stopped so will see how that goes.
    Thanks for your response.

Hi there

-Al
    Hi,
    We got back in touch with customer support in the meantime who refunded the payment and advised that the auto renewal is stopped so will see how that goes.
    Thanks for your response.
    More than welcome.

If you ever need me again, just give me a shout here, on Facebook, the Forum or Twitter

-Al

• Registered Users Posts: 45 LuckyLoki

I’m currently on bill pay with three but am out of contract.  I am an eircom landline and mobile customer and I’m thinking of switching over to eircom mobile, but I have some questions first.

I want to test mobile and internet  coverage in my area by going sim only for a month or two, but I see that three say you have to give them 30 days notice of leaving. So my question is, do I have to give them notice or can I be transferred to eircom sim only without issue, like I have done when switching providers before?

Also I read in some other thread something about sim only people having to stay sim only for a few months  due to doubts about their credit worthiness. That would bother me as I’d like to return to billpay and a new phone as soon as I make sure the coverage is fine.

Can you clarify any of these issues for me?

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭Sikpupi

Am Back again..... same old same old!!!

Have to keep ringing in with Laser Card to pay bill when I sent at least 3 Direct Debits to Clonakilty and still no action on them.

Now 2 x months overdue and this time I am going to hold out til the DD gets set up....no more laser this time.

So..can someone look into my account and advise why the simple process of DD can't be sorted.?/

LuckyLoki wrote: »
    I’m currently on bill pay with three but am out of contract.  I am an eircom landline and mobile customer and I’m thinking of switching over to eircom mobile, but I have some questions first.

I want to test mobile and internet  coverage in my area by going sim only for a month or two, but I see that three say you have to give them 30 days notice of leaving. So my question is, do I have to give them notice or can I be transferred to eircom sim only without issue, like I have done when switching providers before?

Also I read in some other thread something about sim only people having to stay sim only for a few months  due to doubts about their credit worthiness. That would bother me as I’d like to return to billpay and a new phone as soon as I make sure the coverage is fine.

Can you clarify any of these issues for me?
    Hi there LuckyLoki

If you have an Eircom landline, there are amazing deals for this but if you only want to start on a sim only plan, you're more than welcome to do so and see about the coverage.

You can always check your coverage but typing your address in on this page...  http://www.emobile.ie/phonesplansmore/coverage/

You have 14 days to change your mind if the coverage isn't good for you.

-Al

• Advertisement

Sikpupi wrote: »
    Am Back again..... same old same old!!!

Have to keep ringing in with Laser Card to pay bill when I sent at least 3 Direct Debits to Clonakilty and still no action on them.

Now 2 x months overdue and this time I am going to hold out til the DD gets set up....no more laser this time.

So..can someone look into my account and advise why the simple process of DD can't be sorted.?/
    Hi there Sikpupi

So sorry to hear about this.  If you just ring Customer Care, they will be able to double check all your banking information and have now granted permission to change banking details while on the call.

They will also make sure all codes (Iban) are correct.

-Kyle

Advertisement