Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Welcome to the eMobile thread, on Boards to answer your queries

Options
  • 17-01-2011 5:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭

Welcome to the eMobile thread in the eircom Talk to... forum.

Our eMobile customer service representatives will be here to answer any query about your account, our services or how you can get the most from being a customer.
    We are here at the following times:
    Monday to Friday from 12:00 to 17:00

Outside these hours and at weekends, if you need help and support, you'll find us on Twitter at https://twitter.com/emobileireland and on our Let’sTalk online forum at http://letstalk.emobile.ie/
    eMobile have no deletion or editing privileges on your posts or theirs on this forum.

If you have any questions, please let me know.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭Wineman

Hi Darragh,

I was in the Bray store today and was attempting to get the HTC DEsire on emobile 19 eur per month over 12 months. I had gone through the full application and the girl made a call - she then asked me for a 300 euro deposit. The toatal for the year on this tariff is 228 euro so this does not make any sense. Can you explain this to me - please PM if possible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭eircom: Eleanor

Wineman wrote: »
    Hi Darragh,

I was in the Bray store today and was attempting to get the HTC DEsire on emobile 19 eur per month over 12 months. I had gone through the full application and the girl made a call - she then asked me for a 300 euro deposit. The toatal for the year on this tariff is 228 euro so this does not make any sense. Can you explain this to me - please PM if possible.

Thank You for your post,can you PM Steve the following please
    -eircom account number
    -eircom landline number
    -emobile mobile number

Steve will then look into this query for you

Thank You

Eleanor
    Boards Moderator

• Company Representative Posts: 321 Verified rep eMobile: Steve

Hi Wineman,

I'll drop you a PM with some information as regards the above issue.

Hope this helps,

Steve

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭porterboy

Steve I rang and ordered a galaxy in your Nenagh branch on the 24th and was assured by Rob that he would ring if there were any problems with supply as he had 2 put away for customers. As I could still have got one 2 days later (yesterday) a lady confirmed that I could pick it up today so i did nt avail of the other one. I received a call from Rob today telling that there was a shortage of stock and that he could not give me a phone. I am not happy! Why cant i get one when they are back in stock or will you never supply them again. As a disabled person I was hoping that Swypeing may help me text but now I may never know. I am very unhappy with e mobile.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭powerstar

Hi Steve,
    Could u please let me know when will we get back 300 euro deposit ?

• Advertisement

porterboy wrote: »
    Steve I rang and ordered a galaxy in your Nenagh branch on the 24th and was assured by Rob that he would ring if there were any problems with supply as he had 2 put away for customers. As I could still have got one 2 days later (yesterday) a lady confirmed that I could pick it up today so i did nt avail of the other one. I received a call from Rob today telling that there was a shortage of stock and that he could not give me a phone. I am not happy! Why cant i get one when they are back in stock or will you never supply them again. As a disabled person I was hoping that Swypeing may help me text but now I may never know. I am very unhappy with e mobile.

Hi Porterboy,

Sorry to hear about that.

Could you please PM me your details and I'll look into this for you?

Thanks,

Steve

powerstar wrote: »
    Hi Steve,
    Could u please let me know when will we get back 300 euro deposit ?

Hi Powerstar,

You get this back six months in to your contract and you will see this on your seventh bill.

Hope this helps,

Steve

• Registered Users Posts: 18 kirra

I took emobile (Samsung Galaxy S) and as usual I have paid 300 deposit.I would like to know the reason for the deposit please. As there is no information about the deposit on the emobile website or terms & condition , where can I find information about the deposit and how it works out.

Hi Kirra,

This deposit is refunded to you on or around the sixth month of your contract. If you would like to find out the specifics of why you we're asked for your deposit you will need to contact our credit control team for this information. If you would like I can send you their contact details?

Steve

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭Kramer

Similiar story to porterboy's. I'm not happy :mad:.
    I've PM'd you the details.

Kramer wrote: »
    Similiar story to porterboy's. I'm not happy :mad:.
    I've PM'd you the details.

Hi Kramer,

Just seen your PM there. I'll have a read through and some back to you shortly about this.

Steve

• Advertisement

Hi Kirra,

This deposit is refunded to you on or around the sixth month of your contract. If you would like to find out the specifics of why you we're asked for your deposit you will need to contact our credit control team for this information. If you would like I can send you their contact details?

Steve
    Thanks Steve,

I have only one concern regarding the deposit. There is a bit of confusion around this, as different people are having varied opinions. As I understand from your threads there are two options. a) Refund full deposit after 6 months to bank account considering no issues . b) credited to emobile account for future payments . Is this information available on emobile website or any where else.

kirra wrote: »
    Thanks Steve,

I have only one concern regarding the deposit. There is a bit of confusion around this, as different people are having varied opinions. As I understand from your threads there are two options. a) Refund full deposit after 6 months to bank account considering no issues . b) credited to emobile account for future payments . Is this information available on emobile website or any where else.

Hi Kirra,

I just want to clarify this as I think my previous post may have been a little unclear (sorry about that).

In the 6th month you will receive the deposit back to your eMobile a/c.

From here you have 2 options:

1)You can leave it on the a/c as a credit and use it to pay off future bills.

or

2)You can contact our credit control team and ask them to transfer the outstanding credit (the deposit) on your a/c back to your bank a/c.

I hope this clears it up somewhat for you. If you have any other questiosn about this please just let me know.

Steve

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

HI,

I currently top up by 20 per month with meteor for their free txts offers and use the call credit pretty much straight away and then txt for rest of month. I could send as little as ten texts a day up to forty plus on some occasions.

I am thinking of switchin over to emobile from meteor and getting the HTC desire as my first foray into the world of smartphones.

I was thinking of going on the prepay 7 ten offer for call and txts and using various hotspots for free wifi. Is this feasable. I work down on St john rogersons Quay and live in Houston South Quarter(beside your new shiny office). If there was a hot spot near these two spots that I could avail of and what is the signal radius from said hotspot.

If this was not to work then I wold consider the 7fifteen offer. As i would mainly be using the web for Social networking, email, boards, msn etc would this be more feasable?

I currently top up by 20 per month with meteor for their free txts offers and use the call credit pretty much straight away and then txt for rest of month. I could send as little as ten texts a day up to forty plus on some occasions.

Any and all advise appreciated

frag

frag420 wrote: »
    HI,

I am thinking of switchin over to emobile from meteor and getting the HTC desire as my first foray into the world of smartphones.

I was thinking of going on the prepay 7 ten offer for call and txts and using various hotspots for free wifi. Is this feasable. I work down on St john rogersons Quay and live in Houston South Quarter(beside your new shiny office). If there was a hot spot near these two spots that I could avail of and what is the signal radius from said hotspot.

If this was not to work then I wold consider the 7fifteen offer. As i would mainly be using the web for Social networking, email, boards, msn etc would this be more feasable?

Any and all advise appreciated

frag

Hi Frag,

Thanks for the query.

Do you make many calls per month? Do you text people on other networks mostly or is it just texts to Meteor?

As Regards the wi-fi hotspot you can this is usually signalled in the area i.e. in shop windows and so forth. The operating radius of the hotspot is usually confined to the location in question however I could not give you a definitive answer for each wi-fi hotspot in the area ( however it is usually between 15-20 meters).

-Steve

Hi Steve,

thanks for the prompt reply,

When i posted this earlier it did not appear straight away so I posted a new thread on eircom board so you cna ignore that one!!

As for calls i call untill my cred is out if im honest. If i need to make a call after that then i will throw the odd fiver on phone but this is rare.

As for texting I do this a lot mainly to meteor and 02. I wold ideally like to use the smartphone for txtn as I heard there are a few apps out there for free txts??

Regarding the hotspots I dont think thee is one near the office. What would you recomend data wise for using FB, msn, boards, email, sky sports etc?? Just realised I can use wifi in apt so that is not an issue for me and I think there should be enough wifi hotspots in city centre to keep me going, my only issue being access at work as cant use office network.

frAg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭eircom: Eleanor

Hi Steve,

When i posted this earlier it did not appear straight away so I posted a new thread on eircom board so you cna ignore that one!!

As for calls i call untill my cred is out if im honest. If i need to make a call after that then i will throw the odd fiver on phone but this is rare.

As for texting I do this a lot mainly to meteor and 02. I wold ideally like to use the smartphone for txtn as I heard there are a few apps out there for free txts??

Regarding the hotspots I dont think thee is one near the office. What would you recomend data wise for using FB, msn, boards, email, sky sports etc?? Just realised I can use wifi in apt so that is not an issue for me and I think there should be enough wifi hotspots in city centre to keep me going, my only issue being access at work as cant use office network.

frAg

Steve will look into this for you and reply to you shortly

Eleanor

Actually while looking at the bill pay I would be interested in the Select 400 plan.

Whats the story with the Data with this plan as it says it is optional??

frAg

Hi Steve,

frAg
    Actually while looking at the bill pay I would be interested in the Select 400 plan.

Whats the story with the Data with this plan as it says it is optional??

frAg

Hi Frag,

For PAYG we offer 3 main plans:
    -The 7/10 and 7/15 plans which can be found here: http://www.emobile.ie/phonesplansmore/plans/prepay/
    -The thirty20 offer which can be found here: http://www.emobile.ie/phonesplansmore/plans/prepay/thirty20/ You can use your free calls and texts to Meteor on this plan also.

On each of these plans you can use data for only 99c a day up to 50mb.

As regards Select 400 you can choose a 1GB data add on or unlimited data add on with this.

-Steve

Hi Frag,
    As regards Select 400 you can choose a 1GB data add on or unlimited data add on with this.

-Steve

Cheers Steve,

Having trouble accessing the emobile site now from work for some reason so can you tell me how much these data add ons are? I would assume if I was using my own wifi in apt or free wifi in town or whereever then it does not affect my data usage??

frAg

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭porterboy

Hi Steve,
    any update on my issue with emobile?

• Advertisement

Cheers Steve,

Having trouble accessing the emobile site now from work for some reason so can you tell me how much these data add ons are? I would assume if I was using my own wifi in apt or free wifi in town or whereever then it does not affect my data usage??

frAg

Hi Frag,

The 1gb option is €9.99 and and data unlimited option is €14.99. If you use wi-fi it will not come out of your data allowence.

Steve

porterboy wrote: »
    Hi Steve,
    any update on my issue with emobile?

Hi Porterboy,

I'm going to call you about this in a few minutes if that's okay?

Steve

Hi Frag,

The 1gb option is €9.99 and and data unlimited option is €14.99. If you use wi-fi it will not come out of your data allowence.

Steve

one last question but in your opionion do you think 1gb would suffice for general email, fb, skynews, msn etc??

I tried the usage scale on your site last night but I was unsure if it was for a week or month?

MOst of my downloading IE youtube, music, mivies etc will be via my macbook,

cheers

frAg

Hi Kirra,

I just want to clarify this as I think my previous post may have been a little unclear (sorry about that).

In the 6th month you will receive the deposit back to your eMobile a/c.

From here you have 2 options:

1)You can leave it on the a/c as a credit and use it to pay off future bills.

or

2)You can contact our credit control team and ask them to transfer the outstanding credit (the deposit) on your a/c back to your bank a/c.

I hope this clears it up somewhat for you. If you have any other questiosn about this please just let me know.

Steve

Steve,

Thanks for the reply , I clearly understand the options we have and my worry is that these are not specified in the terms and conditions or any where else.Are these conditions are written any where on the website , as I keep on getting various information on this!

Kirra

Steve,

Thanks for the reply , I clearly understand the options we have and my worry is that these are not specified in the terms and conditions or any where else.Are these conditions are written any where on the website , as I keep on getting various information on this!

Kirra

Hi Kirra,

The refund of the deposit is clearly shown on the website but as far as I can see getting the credit transferred back to your bank a/c is not up there... If you like I get can get our credit control team to confirm this in an email to you?

Steve

Hi Kirra,

The refund of the deposit is clearly shown on the website but as far as I can see getting the credit transferred back to your bank a/c is not up there... If you like I get can get our credit control team to confirm this in an email to you?

Steve
    Hi Steve,

That would be perfect , can you please ask to send it to me.

Hi Steve,

That would be perfect , can you please ask to send it to my email address

No problem, I'll ask them to do that now. You can also edit your post to remove your email address too as I have a copy of it now.

-Steve

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 ClassicalCathy

Hi Steve,

I switched to emobile at the end of October and since then I have not been able to recive texts from certain providers in the UK.

One person I regularly correspond with via text is with Vodafone UK and I first queried this with your customer services and technical dept at the beginning of November and still not sorted.

Customer services say they have agreement with Vodafone UK and everything is technically ok from emobile side so problem lies with Vodafone UK and they said to me to call my friend and tell him to ask Vodafone UK to sort the problem out. I responded that I would not ask a 3rd party to get involved.

My question to you - Is it fair to assume that when somebody switches to emobile, that they should expect to be able to recieve texts from any network in the UK as they were able to recieve with their previous network?

If your answer to above is yes, is it fair to assume that the responsibility to fix such a problem should lie between Emobile and Vodafone UK and not asking your customer to contact a customer from Vodafone UK and ask them to contact Vodafone UK to sort the problem.

There are other UK networks I cannot recieve texts from also.

Please 3 and a half months later, can this be sorted?

Hi Steve,

I switched to emobile at the end of October and since then I have not been able to recive texts from certain providers in the UK.

One person I regularly correspond with via text is with Vodafone UK and I first queried this with your customer services and technical dept at the beginning of November and still not sorted.

Customer services say they have agreement with Vodafone UK and everything is technically ok from emobile side so problem lies with Vodafone UK and they said to me to call my friend and tell him to ask Vodafone UK to sort the problem out. I responded that I would not ask a 3rd party to get involved.

My question to you - Is it fair to assume that when somebody switches to emobile, that they should expect to be able to recieve texts from any network in the UK as they were able to recieve with their previous network?

If your answer to above is yes, is it fair to assume that the responsibility to fix such a problem should lie between Emobile and Vodafone UK and not asking your customer to contact a customer from Vodafone UK and ask them to contact Vodafone UK to sort the problem.

There are other UK networks I cannot recieve texts from also.

Please 3 and a half months later, can this be sorted?

Hi Cathy,

I anwsered a query quite similar to this over on our forums i'll just quote it below for your convenience:
    In instances such as this we would ask that both parties would check with their respective providers to make sure there are no technical issues on either end. So for instance you checked with us and we confirmed there was no issue on our end. We would need to make sure their is no issue from the other end so can localise the problem.

There are agreements in place so eMobile users can call and text the VodafoneUK network as they please however as above we cannot contact VFUK in relation to one of their users a/c's unless an issue has been confirmed. We would need that user to contact them to confirm with them whether there is an issue or not and proceed from there.

As you say above you cannot receive text's from other networks... what are the other networks? Could you PM me your number and I'll get our technical team to check this out?

-Steve

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 48 steve_cass

Hi Steve,

I am an emobile billpay cust and while I am very happy with the service, the phone that I got is giving me a lot of trouble. It a Sony Erricsson Xperia mini. At the start it would not download from the Android market ,through either wifi or the 3g connection. Then is stopped connecting to wifi , which a reset helped to fix.
    Now the phone will not turn on at all and the power light is flashing. Very dissatisfied with this phone ,there seems to ba slways something going wrong with it. Is it possible to get this phone exchaged for another phone, a different model would be preferable.

Thanks,
    Stephen.

Advertisement