Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Welcome to the eMobile thread, on Boards to answer your queries

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭MorganIRL

Hi Alan,

I am 12 days waiting for a response from a question I answered from you, can you please reply. 10 hrs response time isnt a realistic number

Morgan
    MorganIRL wrote: »
    Hi I applied to unlock my iphone from emobile and I received the email, explaining how to do it. When I follow the instructions in the email the iphone still doesnt unlock. Can you help
    Hi there MorganIRL

Can you please tell me exactly how you went about unlocking the iPhone please?

-Al
    hi Alan

I rang up customer service to get unlock code, they sent out an email detailing what I was to do after 10 days, it was only last wk that I got around to getting another providers sim, but when i put it in, after following the procedures, it seems that itunes  hasnt seen that the unlock key is available (number 4 on email).

thats where i am now

Morgan

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Hi,

For the Select Unlimited €35 a month sim only plan with 15GB of data, is the data 3G or 4G?

Thanks,
    KM

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Could someone come back on the above query please?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

Hi,

Cancelled my emobile bill account back in February but in Marcy/April it was still active, so I called again to be told I never cancelled it. I was very annoyed. A supervisor was supposed to take on the case. Never heard from her. So I called again and another supervisor said she would look after it. I got plenty of excuses, X isn't in today, bla bla bla. Never heard from her again. Useless service altogether. It's now June and I am still being charged, lol. What are ye playing at in there?

Sort it out...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Hi Alan,

I am 12 days waiting for a response from a question I answered from you, can you please reply. 10 hrs response time isnt a realistic number

Morgan
    Hi I applied to unlock my iphone from emobile and I received the email, explaining how to do it. When I follow the instructions in the email the iphone still doesnt unlock. Can you help
    Hi there MorganIRL

Can you please tell me exactly how you went about unlocking the iPhone please?

-Al
    hi Alan

I rang up customer service to get unlock code, they sent out an email detailing what I was to do after 10 days, it was only last wk that I got around to getting another providers sim, but when i put it in, after following the procedures, it seems that itunes hasnt seen that the unlock key is available (number 4 on email).

thats where i am now

Morgan
    Hi there Morgan

Have you tried... http://iphoneox.com/ ?

This website will also tell you if your phone is unlocked. I'm sending you now again all steps to ensure your iPhone is unlocked properly. See if this helps. If not, get back to me and I'll follow up

-Al

How do I update an unlocked phone without the SIM card?
    If you've requested your iPhone to be unlocked from us, but have not got the original SIM card, you will need to reset the phone before it will be unlocked. Now follow these steps
    1. Back up your iPhone. Either using Backup (Settings > iCloud > Storage & Backup > Back Up Now) or by connecting the iPhone to a computer and Using iTunes to perform a backup.
    2. Erase your iPhone. Click on Settings > General > Reset > Erase All Content and Settings.
    3. Complete the setup assistant and restore from your backup.
    [*]
    The iPhone should now be unlocked.
    If you have a SIM card from a carrier that is different from your current carrier, and you've received confirmation from your current carrier that your iPhone is unlocked, follow these steps:
    1. Eject your SIM card and insert a new SIM card.
    2. Complete the setup process.
    3. If you do not currently have another SIM card you can use, follow these steps to complete the process:
    4. Back up your iPhone.
    5. Erase your iPhone.
    6. Complete the setup assistant and restore your backup.
    [*]
    Unlock your iPhone
    First, your carrier will need to process your unlock request. Then you'll back up, erase, and restore your iPhone to unlock it.
    Start the process:
    1. See if your carrier offers unlocking. Only your carrier can unlock your iPhone.
    2. Contact your carrier and request an unlock. You might need to meet requirements to qualify for unlocking. After you submit the request to your carrier, it might take a few days to complete. Contact your carrier for the status of your unlock request.
    3. After your carrier confirms that your iPhone unlock has been processed, go to the next section.
    [*]
    If you have a SIM card from a carrier other than your current carrier, follow these steps:
    1. Remove your SIM card and insert the new SIM card.
    2. Complete the setup process.
    [*]
    If you don't have another SIM card you can use, follow these steps to complete the process:
    1. Back up your iPhone.
    2. When you have a backup, erase your iPhone.
    3. Restore your iPhone from the backup you just made.

• Advertisement

kmart6 wrote: »
    Hi,

For the Select Unlimited €35 a month sim only plan with 15GB of data, is the data 3G or 4G?

Thanks,
    KM
    Hi there kmart6

Apologies for the delay in replying.  That plan that you're referring to is a 3G plan.

-Al

Hi,

Cancelled my emobile bill account back in February but in Marcy/April it was still active, so I called again to be told I never cancelled it. I was very annoyed. A supervisor was supposed to take on the case. Never heard from her. So I called again and another supervisor said she would look after it. I got plenty of excuses, X isn't in today, bla bla bla. Never heard from her again. Useless service altogether. It's now June and I am still being charged, lol. What are ye playing at in there?

Sort it out...
    Hi there Naya Putrid Sinusitis

Thank you so much for getting in touch.

Do you mind just sending me your number & pin in a PM and I'll look into this for you.

-Al

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭bewhiched

Hello

Just wanted to ask if anyone got the S6 on this plan if they where offered and up grade and had to put money to it TID

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭The_fever

Hello, I have a Sony experia, I cannot receive or send mms (picture messages)

Can you please help thanks

The_fever wrote: »
    Hello, I have a Sony experia, I cannot receive or send mms (picture messages)

Can you please help thanks
    Hi The_fever

Just make sure that your APN settings are correctly set up.  Here's the information...

Data
    1. eMobileAPN – Data.eircom.ie
    2. No user name
    3. No password
    4. Leave all other settings as current defaults on handset

MMS
    1. mms.eircom.ie
    2. Username: my
    3. Password: wap
    4. Server: leave blank
    5. Mmsc: http://mms.eircom.ie
    6. Mms proxy: 10.85.85.85
    7. Mms port: 8799
    8. Mms protocol: wap 2.0
    9. Mcn: 03
    10. Authentication type: pap
    11. Apn type: mms

-Al

• Advertisement

bewhiched wrote: »
    Hello

Just wanted to ask if anyone got the S6 on this plan if they where offered and up grade and had to put money to it TID
    Hi there bewhiched

The S6 is not free on any plan.  The price of the handset will depend on the plan you choose.  Just click on the link below...

http://www.emobile.ie/phonesplansmore/phones/details/?id=323#

-Al

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

Hiya.

I have two mobiles on the small business unlimited 20 + vat plan

I am aware I get 250 MB of roaming data included, but was wondering, is it possible to buy a data  add on for this to cover my trip to Spain.  I will probably blow the 250 MB in the 2 weeks.

Thanks

superscouse

Hiya.

I have two mobiles on the small business unlimited 20 + vat plan

I am aware I get 250 MB of roaming data included, but was wondering, is it possible to buy a data  add on for this to cover my trip to Spain.  I will probably blow the 250 MB in the 2 weeks.

Thanks

superscouse
    Hi there superscouse

If you just click on the link I'm sending you know, you can just click on "data" where you'll see the add-on to opt in for

http://www.emobile.ie/phonesplansmore/alladdons/

-Al

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭DenisCork

Hi,
    My wife (not a boards member) is an emobile customer. She has an xperia z2 which has a faulty microphone. She has handed it in for repair 3 times already and the same problem is still ongoing. Now the store manager wants to send the phone to sony in the uk. My wife is refusing to hand it over again as you couldn't fix it the first three times. She is hitting a brick wall when it comes to a replacement. Everytime the phone is sent off for repair she is without a data service (that she is paying for monthly) as she hasn't a spare smartphone.

Do you think this level of customer service is acceptable?

Customer service say its the store managers decision, he says his hands are tied and would give a new replacement handset if he could.

She feels the small claims court is the only option open to her now. She would win in court as she has been more than reasonable and none of the repairs have been permanent.

This is a lot of hassle for both parties, is this something you can help with?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭leche solara

Hi,

I am a billpay emobile customer now out of contract.  My billing period runs from the 5th of the month until the 4th of the following month.  How much notice am I required to give to leave emobile, who do I inform, and in what format, and what's the best date to give the notice on?

Hi,

I am a billpay emobile customer now out of contract.  My billing period runs from the 5th of the month until the 4th of the following month.  How much notice am I required to give to leave emobile, who do I inform, and in what format, and what's the best date to give the notice on?
    Good morning leche solara

All contracts needs a 30 day notice so all you need to do is just call the Retention Team at

They will process this request and go through all the details of your last bill, billing date & payment

-Al

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭elfy4eva

Hello I'm considering switching my pre-pay mobile phone to eMobile, apart from online and over the phone top up, I notice I can buy top up vouchers in your stores directly are there any other retailers where I can buy eMobile top up vouchers?

elfy4eva wrote: »
    Hello I'm considering switching my pre-pay mobile phone to eMobile, apart from online and over the phone top up, I notice I can buy top up vouchers in your stores directly are there any other retailers where I can buy eMobile top up vouchers?
    Hi there elfy4eva

This will be the exact same for eMobile.  Where ever you see you can buy top ups, they will sell eMobile ones too

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Theresia

How to reach Eircom by email? I have tried to find an emailaddress on the website, but could not find it.

Theresia wrote: »
    How to reach Eircom by email? I have tried to find an emailaddress on the website, but could not find it.
    Hi there Theresia

The email is...

canwehelp@eircom.ie

-Al

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭elfy4eva

Hello again, I'm in the middle of porting my number over to my new eMobile sim, during the porting process I was asked to input my current provider which is 3 but only because of their recent takeover of O2 Ireland. So i selected the 3 option but I'm now wondering should I have input the O2 option instead, i'm a bit confused as the porting seems to be taking a fairly long time.

EDIT: Been well over the estimated waiting time for pre-pay now, what are my options?

Hi Alan,

Thanks for completely ignoring my previous post/question. This is the emobile standard for customer care.

I'm posting now just to let people know if your being ignored by the emobile shop manager, emobile customer care team and the emobile representative on Boards.ie

GET ON TWITTER.

After a couple of tweets to and fro the rep asked for my wifes contact number and lo and behold he was able to do the undoable. She got a brand new replacement phone.

So thanks again. (for nothing)

DenisCork wrote: »
    Hi Alan,

Thanks for completely ignoring my previous post/question. This is the emobile standard for customer care.

I'm posting now just to let people know if your being ignored by the emobile shop manager, emobile customer care team and the emobile representative on Boards.ie

GET ON TWITTER.

After a couple of tweets to and fro the rep asked for my wifes contact number and lo and behold he was able to do the undoable. She got a brand new replacement phone.

So thanks again. (for nothing)
    Hi there DenisCork

Thank you so much for you feedback.  I'm glad to hear your wife got everything sorted. If you know who helped her, we will pass this on to them.

-Al

Hi there Alan,

Thanks for the quick reply, but the issue is now resolved so you needn't have bothered.

Thanks
    Denis.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,676 Mod ✭✭✭✭Siamsa Sessions

Hi, my 24-month contract ends in November but my phone is starting to act up now (it's an old phone I've had for years so it owes me nothing)

Can I sign up for another contract now (say, for another 24 months, with start date in November) and get a new phone, or do I have to wait until the current contract runs out?

Thanks,
    Kieran.

Trading as Sullivan’s Farm on YouTube

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Cork red

Hi- If I wish to change my billing dd date how much notice would I have to give? I was unhappy with service i got via webchat and was told it takes 2 months- Can you confirm this please?

Cork red wrote: »
    Hi- If I wish to change my billing dd date how much notice would I have to give? I was unhappy with service i got via webchat and was told it takes 2 months- Can you confirm this please?
    Hi Cork red

The information provided by WebChat is correct it can take up to two months based on your original date.

If you would like to request the change please contact 1800690000

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

Hi Cork red

The information provided by WebChat is correct it can take up to two months based on your original date.

If you would like to request the change please contact 1800690000

Thanks
    Al

Hi Alan. Why did you ignore my thread & pm? Wrote a letter of complaint today to customer service including your refusal to help with the issue.

Hi, my 24-month contract ends in November but my phone is starting to act up now (it's an old phone I've had for years so it owes me nothing)

Can I sign up for another contract now (say, for another 24 months, with start date in November) and get a new phone, or do I have to wait until the current contract runs out?

Thanks,
    Kieran.
    Hi Siamsa Sessions

Ultimately you will need to request this by contacting accounts on 1800690000 however I have been informed that the contract must be complete before an upgrade can be arranged.

I'm sorry I can't do more

Thanks
    AL

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,676 Mod ✭✭✭✭Siamsa Sessions

Hi Siamsa Sessions

Ultimately you will need to request this by contacting accounts on 1800690000 however I have been informed that the contract must be complete before an upgrade can be arranged.

I'm sorry I can't do more

Thanks
    AL

Ok, thanks for info. Been trying to call into a shop for weeks but couldn't seem to get around to it.

Trading as Sullivan’s Farm on YouTube

Advertisement