Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Closed] Win a SIM Free HTC Desire HD smartphone

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Misty Chaos

My own idea for an dream app would be called the i-sink.

Basically, it would show a sink and allows to turn on and off the the taps as you please. It would have the option to select various different types of sinks, from basic all the ways up to gold plated royal sinks.

The point of the app? Smartphones have everything in them bar the kitchen sink! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,418 ✭✭✭RedXIV

I'd love an app that syncs up with all my plug sockets in the house. Tv on standby? use the PowerDown app to turn it off at the wall. Lights on downstairs? Turn them off without getting out of bed!

Ohhh you could set an electric blanket to go off 10 mins before you go to bed or set the coffee machine off 5 mins before you roll out of bed!

Power of plug sockets! make it happen!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭smk89

An app that can tell what mood your in an play music to suit it. Even music you have never heard of before!

That would be awesome

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

Impressed by some of the ideas on here :)

my idea is a handwriting app, where you activate the app before you head out for a night and any time you go to make a phone call or write a text / enter text you have to write out a full sentence in your handwriting, and if this doesnt match a previously (sober) written sentence said phone call /text cannot go through. in keeping with the theme I'd call it i-write :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Lady Anna

An App that would monitor the energy usage in my house, show me the 80/20 breakdown of energy consumption, remind me that it's time to read the meter and .... do it for me :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭onion rings

meh someone came up with my first one already.

maybe iassignment

it knows when ive a paper due and locks down the phone until its submitted so ive no distractions. college could unlock the phone remotely. though theres nothing stopping me just putting the sim in a different phone

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭Grudle

My ideal app would have to be called i-Win.

This would automatically make me the winner of a competition to win a SIM Free HTC Desire HD Smartphone from ESB Customer Supply.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭fionny

App Name: uRemote

A true universal remote control on your phone allowing you:
    • Turn off/on the heating, (ENERGY CONSERVATION!)
    • Turn off/on the lights (Turn them on so you can get your Keys in the Door!)
    • Turn off/on the oven, (Did I turn it off? ach!)
    • To boil the kettle,
    • Draw the curtains,
    • The more usual ones of being able to control your TV and those gadgets!

All from your phone before you get home or while on the couch! What a life!

P.S. love the Prize choice the Desire HD is such a cool phone!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,997 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

I'm a lazy guy so what I really want is one app to do everything in my house from the comfort of my couch. I would envisage that it could change tv channels, turn on/off appliances and lights, control the heating, control my electric blankets etc. Also you would be able to set up rules for notifying you of stuff like the your roast beef in the oven is cooked or program is about to start on tv. Integration is the way of the future!

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Minatauro

The iScan.

Would give anything for this app (especially in 4D). You place the phone over the baby bump and can view the baby on the High Def screen on the phone whenever you want instead of having to wait to go to the hospital for the baby scans.

Who wouldnt want that!!!

I would love it cos I cant wait at the moment to see. Then I could take great photos with the htc when the baby is born.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Pudding11

An App that has the ability to transport you to whatever destination you wish! Think how much easier it would be to get places :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 987 ✭✭✭keen

My ideal app would, connect to an in house entertainment system a half hour prior to the time I set my alarm for in the morning.

It would turn the heating on in the winter or the air conditioning on in the summer. It would slowly turn the dimmer switch up in the bedroom which would slowy introduce light into the room. Five minutes before the alarm is due, it would randomly select a song from my favourites media playlist. It would turn activate the toaster to toast the two slices of bread I popped in the previous evening. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭RunDMC

I'd like an app that can scan a product barcode and allow me to add it to my shopping list. Simple but effective!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cojomo2

A dating app. Sign up, answer some questions about personality etc, the app automatically works out which of its users are most compatible with you and vice versa.

Then, using gps, if 2 highly compatible users come within 3km of each other(in town shopping etc) both users get a 'meet for coffee?'' notification on their phone. The user can then view the profile of the near by match and then either accept or refuse. If both accept, locations and contact details are shown!;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,086 ✭✭✭Bambaata

I-Blanket

An app to turn on the electric blanket in the bed while on the way home after a night out! Particularly good for those nights you're freezing waiting on a taxi in town!!

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,074 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Maybe too real world.

I'd like an app that could be a front end for any online bank accouts, email, social network etc.

Open my app, can see bank balance on the side, new emails in the corner, funny pics facebook down the side...

Oh, and a button I can press to make boobies bigger.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭shannon_tek

a dream app that i would like is one that could read my mind and open programmes that i wanted to go to or type up all my asignment. And respond to all my important email and print off documents with out me saying. Basically act as a person of its own but with my personality:D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,515 ✭✭✭✭28064212

Given it's an Android phone unrelated to any fruit based companies, any app that doesn't start with the prefix i....

More specifically, an Alarm Clock app that switches the shower on to a perfect temperature, uses subliminal messaging to wake me to a subconcious state and gently brings me up to a full awakening in the shower, and starts some sort of Rube Goldberg contraption to have breakfast made by the time I get out

Boardsie Enhancement Suite - a browser extension to make using Boards on desktop a better experience (includes full-width display, keyboard shortcuts, dark mode, and more). Now available through your browser's extension store.

Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/boardsie-enhancement-suite/

Chrome/Edge/Opera: https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/boardsie-enhancement-suit/bbgnmnfagihoohjkofdnofcfmkpdmmce

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭ams

app-ey in my nappy

Zaps baby's dirty nappies into obvlivion.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

Pictotxt:
    Take a picture of anything containing text, and it will automatically convert it to a .DOC file. If you miss a lecture, just take a picture of someone's notes that you missed, and you'll automatically have a Word file to save you transcribing the notes. You'll never have to go to lectures again. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭MGMTea

My dream app would be an essay writing one.

Just picture it, you have so many assignments to do, and you have very little time, just input the name of your essay and/or the theme and main points about the topic, the app then gathers information from the internet and prints it out for you in an easy to read format ! :D ... in a dream world lol

I think I would call it E-say ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,703 ✭✭✭Raoul

Why not go all out and go lazy and dream world.

Get an app that does all your work for you!!! So that you can just mess about on Boards all day and on other internet sites :D

• Registered Users Posts: 31 sv650

With a general election coming up it would be useful to have an app that showed you who was ringing your doorbell.

The option to send 220V to the doorbell from the mains electricity would be a nice money-making paid upgrade. Fry a politician for €0.99 :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭DonJose

My dream app is I-meet, picture this, you walk into a nightclub, full of gorgeous chicks, you approach a dozen chicks who all blow you off, your self confidence is crushed, you see another chick, chick 13, you like her but because of a serious mauling of confidence you do not approach her, little known to you but shes attracted to you, this was the one, the fish in the sea, the love of your life but you walk away.

Fast forward, you install the I-meet app on your phone, enter the nightclub, your bluetooth connects with all the chicks in the nightclub who are on the prowl, the first 12 chicks you would have approached have already deleted you from their phones as they're not interested, but chick 13 clicks the box, shes interested and you know it, you walk up to her full of confidence, a friendly smile and a few drinks and shes yours. I-meet - don't be forever alone!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭jessiesmom

my ideal app would be one in which i can set my heating,electric blanket and slow cooker on before i leave work so my house and bed are nice and warm and ive got my din ready when i walk in the door!!!! now i wonder could it pour the wine too!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 38 red_hot_nirvana

My dream app would be one that that can tell you whether you've left lights on in your house, then gives you the option of switching them off remotely. Could also be handy while on holidays, you could make it look like someone is at home by turning lights on and off during the day!

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭transylman

Mobile Nutritionist.

An app that allows you to enter you physical information (height, weight, age, body fat percentage) and any body targets you have (losing weight, building muscle). The app will then calculate your optimum dietary requirements. At every meal you scan the bar-code on your food to get the nutritional information and you enter the amount you will be consuming. As a result you will be able to track your diet in very precise detail day by day, and also ensure you are not missing out on any important vitamins or minerals.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

I need a wedding dress App, one that will magically make the weight I want to lose disappear before the big day!
    :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Debbs

How about an app that notifies you of any change to account/privacy settings on any websites you have an account on? E.g. Facebook regularly update their privacy settings and in doing so automatically have them set so your information can be given to outside companies who run games, apps and such on Facebook (e.g. Social Interview).

The most recent update has also meant that if someone on your friends list signs up to one of these, not only is their information available to the companies, but your information also is too. A majority of users would not be aware of this or know how to change their privacy settings to prevent this from happening. If you are signed up to any websites, then this app will keep track of updates to your settings and will notify you and tell you what you can do to change your privacy settings.

Not enough people know how to keep profiles/accounts private on sites, and this would help them to know better personal security when online.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭davehey79

Mine would be an app that when activated stops the missus moaning about football, talking all the way through the football and asking me the same questions about the football everytime she sees it !!!!

Advertisement