Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Closed] Win a SIM Free HTC Desire HD smartphone

Options
1131415161719»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭thirtythirty

I agree. Winners at random is completely uncool. I put a good bit of thought into mine, whereas some people's ideas didn't even make sense.

Delighted for the winners though - enjoy your new toys

[not jealous at all]

• Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭fionny

I couldve written the alphabet in seperate posts and had a much bigger chance, instead I put a bit of thought into my entry and catered it for the fact that it was for an Electricity company... It was also semi realistic as opposed to the idea that a phone will sprout wheels a motor a storage bag and turn itself into a a vacuum......

Sure why not have an app that turns itself into a Free Energy Machine that could run the world's power needs.... Its about a likely.

Anyway I dont expect anything will come of this as big companies really dont care about the likes of us and fairness isnt a factor in their day to day running.

Its just nice to see people speak up for once, its one of the very few positives that has come out of Irelands problems...

• Registered Users Posts: 26 TheMasterPrawn

Pyongyang wrote: »
    This is going to sound like sour grapes, it's not. I'm just wondering what the point is of coming up with ideas/responses to the competition questions when the entire contest is decided by a random number generator? :confused:
    ditto. What a pile of .....
    Just checked in on this now. This is why I hate online competitions. That vague kinda ramble. And there is a lot of really good stuff in this thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

I could have posted "ESB suck balls" and had just as much a chance at wining as those who put a decent amount of thought into it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭Darragh

Darragh wrote: »
    Folks, I have contacted ESB about this. I'm also of the opinion that the winner should have been picked on merit, rather than on random.

Will let you know how I get on.

Hi folks, I just wanted to close this off.

A bit of miscommunication occurred between me and ESB - I had advised the use of Random.org for picking winners, but hadn't meant it to be for every competition.

I'll take responsibility here - I'm sorry - but going forward, we'll be sure to pick winners at random, when at random is necessary, and by merit on other competitions.

Thanks for the support.

Darragh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭thirtythirty

In that case can I request that ,going forward, all future competitions offer Desire HD (or equivalent) phones as prizes since, based on the number of posts, thread views, and negative feedback, it was the first competition & prize that people were properly interested in??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭Darragh

In that case can I request that ,going forward, all future competitions offer Desire HD (or equivalent) phones as prizes since, based on the number of posts, thread views, and negative feedback, it was the first competition & prize that people were properly interested in??

All competition prizes have a value of €250 or more, where possible. I'm very strict on having decent prizes for our members.

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭wilson10

Let them rejudge it on merit then, sure another phone would mean nothing to the ESB.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

wilson10 wrote: »
    Let them rejudge it on merit then, sure another phone would mean nothing to the ESB.

Or me unless i win it:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭fionny

Ya its the first competition in ages that I got genuinely excited about the chance of winning only to discover a random number generator decided the winner at the end of it all.

Gas stuff. Id say there is 2 chances of another one being offered though, slim and none.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Everyone should get a free Desire HD as compensation :) :pac:

Advertisement