Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Closed] Win a SIM Free HTC Desire HD smartphone

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

My ideal app would be the iCare - now that smartphone screens are as big as my face, I could balance the phone on my head, duck my head into my jacket and have a snooze while the iCare app listens to all the uninteresting things people have to say to me and makes appropriately interested or sympathtic noises, all the while displaying a CGI-enhanced simulation of what my face might look like if only I could give a monkey's.

Ideally it would be paired with a wrist watch that could make my arms make unthreatening but emphatic gestures without waking me up.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭blue chuzzle

maameeo wrote: »
    an app that tells me where my daughter is at all times! she goes out playing an I've to knock into every house looking for her! lol

would be awesome if it was also like a tomagotchi and tell me her energy, happiness and hunger levels! lol

The google latitude app does that (not the second bit)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,062 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

My app would be whats-her-face. I would have a small camera and speaker located on my glasses. My glasses would be wireless connected to my phone. Whenever I see someone I know whose name I can't remember I press a little button on my glasses. The camera will take a picture of the person and send it to the phone. The phone will then use data from facebook and other social networks and use facial recognition to figure out who the person is and then tell me through the speaker.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭KillerShamrock

First ideal app would be one that puts out a sound wave/signal that just simply makes everyone feel that bit better and happier because there are soo many unhappy and angry people out there understandably so.
    Main advantage would be that when your in work and someone is about to complain they would forget about it as soon as they approached you :)

Cheesey I know but hey if everyone smiled that bit more it would make everyones life easier.

Next idea soon :)

• Registered Users Posts: 39 brettg

My Dream app is an 'I-patch' coz I'm a Somali :D Cyberpyrate Har Har me
    hearteees.
    I also feel strongly that there should be an App for sleep apnea - that's my ZZtop tip.
    On a trip to Israel / Palestine ( always mix them up , silly me ) I had a genuinely frightening experience of being completely appless in an Aldous Huxley sort of way when my i-phone went completely blank in those tricky occupied territories, ah yes I found my self i-less in Gaza !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 704 ✭✭✭LukeS_

I would loveee a boards.ie app. Simoly because their isn't one. :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

My ideal app would be something which can connect with all of the electrical units in your house (Ie: Chargers, televisions, lights, etc) and chose the times you want them on and off. That way when you're not at home, you're not wasting electricity + It would save you LOTS on electricity costs. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,964 ✭✭✭Sitec

my iapp would give me a handshandy and a steak

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,291 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

I would like an app that allows you to use your phone as a wireless webcam.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭yesno1234

My ideal app would be an app which allowed my phone to as a controller for EVERYTHING (tv, stereo, dvd, sky, heating, plugs, lights). I mean everything.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭mailrewop

my app would be the i-lawn. basically by attaching a camera to your lawnmower that sends video back to your device, you can then control your lawnmower over wi-fi and cut the grass from the comfort of your house.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Sandman2010

An app that would make your shiny new smartphone float and not get damaged when you drop it in your pint while showing it off to your friends in the pub. :(

It would also serve as a very useful buoyancy aid if you were ever thrown overboard or crashed at sea.

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭revileandy

still waiting on the wuphf app....

WUPHF.COM is a crazy revolutionary program that ties all your communication portals together. Join today and link up your, emails, faxes, text messages, voicemails, tweets, chat programs, and pages with a single “WUPHF!”

• Registered Users Posts: 1,317 ✭✭✭padair

I would not exactly create an app, I would create a wireless app(lication) that would be installed to every ESB meter in the country that would transmit peoples ESB readings automatically each period. The savings would be endless. Say bye bye to estimates... Go on, say bye bye.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 dazzling_jem

Mine would be the S-app, and it would tell me straight out if the guy I'm seeing is an eejit or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭peckerhead

I want one of these.

newapp.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 BerKnee

I want a Tommy Cooper app
    ithankyou

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭grimm2005

I'm actually developing an Android app for my final year project in college. It's unnamed atm but the idea is to help cancer patients keep control of their treatment. The app will (hopefully!) have three main functions:
    - A medication reminder alarm (set one or more pills/meds to a certain time of day and an alarm will go off telling you to take the set pills for that time of day)
    - An RSS feed which will take the Irish Cancer Societies' FB and Twitter feeds (customisable for other sites)
    - An exercise diary (user will choose a list of daily exercises which will allow them to keep track of their progress, ticking off completeled exercises as they are achieved, a bit like Wii Fit)

The reason for doing an app like this (apart from the fact there doesnt appear to be much like it out there), was that I recently lost a close relative to prostate cancer and keeping his independance throughout his treatment was very important to him and I figure something like this could help others in the same position.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,661 ✭✭✭General Zod

I'd like an app that can check the twitter and facebook status of my friends or events I'm going to, judge it against previous similar events I've attended, compare status updates from the following days and remind me to set aside money for panadol/carpet cleaner/train tickets/bail for the next day.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,661 ✭✭✭General Zod

Alternatively, I'd like an app that allows me to set a schedule for reminding Morrissey just how energy inefficient "There is a light that never goes out" is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭shreddedloops

I'd like an app that acts like an all-in-one household remote control for the heating, TV, PC, toaster etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭Boardnashea

How about an i-job and get me something to do on a monday morning!

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭ciaglen

I would love an app that gets me ready in the morning without having to do anythign myself Im so lazy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭donal666

I'd love a happy app that would cheer me up on Monday mornings.....:D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

I'd like a storage app. Specifically for food though, so that I can do a quick look up in my phone to see if I am out of whatever I am in the mood to eat. And will tell me exactly where I put it. Also, possibly something to tell me if food is about to go out of date added in. It would have to be connected to somethign in the fridge/freezer/pantry that actually scans the food as it is in there, not when it is put in because someone else might take it out without scanning it out.

As an extention to that app, I would like a recipe suggestion bit, whereby it takes what food I have in the house and suggests recipes.

I'm getting hungry now....

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭The Gibmiester

A transporter app like the yok from Star Trek!

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭bigred100

I dunno if we can have a 2nd entry, but iBus

A gps tracker of all the buses, so you can see exactly where the bus is at any given time. Never be late again!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭BrookieD

iCar for me
    Run the app which connects to your car, control the heating from the house so no need to enter a cold car only for it to heat up when your about to finish your journey!!! ;-( .
    Also works to enable Aircon on those warm days, Remote start, and control all electric windows/sunroof etc.

It would also record fuel usage, tire pressure, monitor engine temps and oil temp and advice when a service is needed or filters need replacing.

We can dream i suppose

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 ttt3

My app would be quite simple

Start the dinner in the evening with a quick click of a button
    put on the washing machine!!!!!

couldnt be simpler!!!

Hate doing those jobs!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭eliza64

I would love a washing app. I use my washing machine every day, I hang out the washing and then I am at the mercy of mother nature. I would love an app to tell me the weather in Leixlip 24/7. Some thing like a personal MT Cranium.
    A beep of my phone and I would know it's going to rain I could ring home and get my hubby to take in the washing.

Advertisement