Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Closed] Win a SIM Free HTC Desire HD smartphone

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Lainey_b01

i-no chocolate! An app that taser me if I come within arms reach of chocolate.....yes some obvious weaknesses but might work!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 PaulMWatson

maameeo wrote: »
    an app that tells me where my daughter is at all times! she goes out playing an I've to knock into every house looking for her! lol

would be awesome if it was also like a tomagotchi and tell me her energy, happiness and hunger levels! lol

I'd buy that app!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 patrick_mooney

I would like an app to alert me one or two days before my direct debits for esb, car insurance etc. are due out of my bank account, and tell what time they have been paid, because sometimes it takes a few hours before the company gets the payment, so i dont get an unexpected overdue phonecall or letter.

I like many people dont have the time to queue in the bank to find out, and i dont trust atm's because of all the fraud. Just a thought for the future!!

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭ChainWhip

Introducing the I-Bar - the app that lets you know how many empty seats are in a pub as you approach the door.

To be partnered with the I-Bounce - the app that predicts bouncers' questions and prompts you with the answers!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Geez, I badly need a new phone!

A dream app for me would be an app that I could use to have control over everything in my house from my TV right down to the toaster.

You could have a scheduler set on it so when your alarm goes off in the morning it'll boil the kettle / pour a coffee from the coffee machine, put on the toaster and activate the radio all while you brush your teeth / get dressed :D

Also, if you're away from home and remembered you left the oven on :eek: just go into the app and just deactivate the oven from there :pac:

OR

An app that tells you exactly what the traffic is like around your area / chosen route before you even step outside your door.

OR

An app that acts like a sat-nav except for people who walk. It'll show you all the best and quickest routes & shortcuts you can take as you need to leg it work late :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

wit-e

Who needs charisma or charm when you have wit-e!

An app that supplies you with zingers to your friends comments, killer retorts to your bosses harsh remarks and heart melting sweet-nothings for your significant other.

Saves you hours of trying to develop a cultured personality when all you want to do is watch the football / Gossip Girl (Delete as applicable).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭Scartbeg

The i-Poo app would alert me when the baby has done a stinker, so I can make myself busy elsewhere and thus avoid changing duties!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭bryaner

An app to turn the kids volume down when out playing on the street of a sunday morning when all you want is a lie on.

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭Helium

Idrunk app

When opened after night on tiles will automatically ring local Taxi/Ambulance,and while your waiting automatically ring everyone in your address book so you can slur out the words,

"I LUV YOU,....... NO... I REALLY DO (hic) ....ah shur i'm only having the craic with ya."

• Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭chavezychavez

The app I'd like is the i-i-i-i-i-i-i-i-i-i-shoulda-known-better.

An app that looks like Jim Diamond, sounds like Jim Diamond and feels like Jim Diamond*.

*By the way this is not Jim Diamond

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,737 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

My dream app would allow me to control the energy consumption in my house from anywhere... turn on the heating or emersion as I leave work in the evening. heat the oven (on a limited timer for safety) as I bring dinner home from the supermarket. Turn on the electric blanket from the living room. I'd be able to monitor the charge levels of my electric car (probably a Tesla) It would also help me regulate my bills through usage stats & suggested alternative usage patterns & let me send meter readings...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭Scartbeg

On second thoughts, an app that would print the day's weather forecast onto my toast (using one of these http://bit.ly/cARYiW ) might be more useful.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭fiacc

iJob... Automatically finds you a job despite the recession!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 trasy

an ideal app for me would be an energy app that turns off appliances,sockets and lights in my house when i want

• Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭Menengroth™

The iStudent, an application that clones a digital copy of your brain, to which you download all your course information and resources into and then it outputs all your required essays and assignments for the year before finally interfacing with your brain once more and transferring all the information you need for your final exams.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Jaafa

Imagine walking down the street getting your strut on..... feelin kinda smexy when suddenly sexy back starts playing all around you people look your way and think...'yeah...I would'.

Imagine finishing a a 3 mile run...jogging up the stairs to your apartment running out of energy....boom...eye of the tiger starts playing and gives you that lift you need.

Imagine trying to chat a up a girl at a bar...trying to impress...she looks into your eyes when quietly at first but getting louder and louder my heart will go on (titanic song) plays as she falls for you.

Basically this app would analyse the situation your in, and pick a song to suit. It can even connect and stream the song to other phones in the area for maximum effect.

Can also be used for party's.
    :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭powerfade

i-teleport... an app that would let me teleport to somewhere sunny every weekend!!! Also would be useful when I want to go home to Kerry for a weekend instead of a 5 hour drive... Ha could bring home the washing to Mom every evening as well!! Ok invent this one now please!!

Would love to win the phone by the way...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,500 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

my perfect app would be an app that created energy so my phone wouldn't need to be charged every day.

My ideal app would be the iMammy. It is a mixture of the i-Pair and the i-Ron as well as hot/cold meal maker, built in alarm clock, dishwasher, vacuum, mop, say-the-right-thing app and best of all it works 24/7! How's that for energy!

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭CianDon

How about an iGovern app. Basically you get to pretend to be a politician, you do whatever you can to sort out the country and the players with the highest scores get to be the new Government.

Other than that, I'd love an App that you turn on and it would send ya messages at set intervals reminding you just how great Cork is.........mabye iBoiiiii......like

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 plubelly

my ideal app would be one that would let me scan my shopping with phone at the supermarket and sync with my bank accounts and budgets - letting me know my limits but also offering me special offers, price comparisons etc. The app could then complete the cash free purchase by taking money straight out of my account.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭Carroller

An app that can communicate to animals so i could talk to my dog :)

The things they must get up too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Ian Beale

An app that could connect to your home network to turn on the heating would be handy for winter, or an app that keeps track of the items in the fridge and sends an alert when your running low on milk.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13 ciaran00

i-eye

an ap where you can see whats going on behind you - eye in the back of your head. nice

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭Reesy

I'd like an app that allows me to monitor the Dail attendance, expense claims and voting record of all TDs in Ireland. And if enough people asked for one, it'd call a by-election.

In a REALLY idea World, everyone would have one of these apps.

In a REALLY REALLY ideal world, we'd get honest, hard-working, competent politicians.

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭mlmcelligott

Thinking ahead here about the new electric vehicle charging points that are popping up around the country.
    I want an app that will tell me where all these electric vehicle charging points are and if they are in use or not. maybe an added bonus would be an ability to prebook a charging time so you can plan your journey. Since all these smartphones have a sat nav built in maybe it could direct you to the nearest one when your low on charge!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭winston82

the i-horn. An app that stops you from getting a horn on the bus. Would come in handy so i can get off at the right stop rather than havin to wait til it goes. This way i wont be late for work at least once a week!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,734 ✭✭✭Klingon Hamlet

My dream app would be: I-dthinktwice.

It would measure your alcohol intake when you're typing up a text, and then put a pop-up onscreen before you can send it.

For example:

Text to friend...
    POP UP: Your joke seems funny cos you're drunk. But your friend is a girl, and that joke is sexist. Delete/cancel?

Text to ex...
    POP UP: Dude. You're drunk. You're lonely. Don't add "dumba$$" to that sad list. She's a weapon. Let sleeping dogs lie. Especially this one. Delete/cancel?

Text to work colleague...
    POP UP: You see this lady more than you see your own family. She looks good...and you're in each other's faces 40hrs p.w. She smells good...and she sits five inches away. Don't sh!t where you sit. Attaboy. Delete/cancel?

If this app were ever invented, it would literally save men's souls. No more cringey flashbacks the next morning. No more bewilderingly furious text-backs that afternoon. No dreading the P45 that night. It's like a Jiminy Cricket for the telephonic age...Telephony Cricket!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

how about an app that tracks food prices at all the major stores so you can use it to scan all the barcodes on the foods that you buy and then tells you which supermarkets or shops to get each item in, automatically generating a list for each shop, sorted by the order in which things appear in each isle (most supermarkets keep things pretty regular).

that way, you know that items a, b & c are cheapest in supermarket D, but items x, y & z are cheaper in supermarket E so you always buy the right items in the right place at the right price. :)

make it interactive so that users can upload prices to the app server if they get to an item and it is priced differently from what the app thinks it is, or if there's a special offer on particular items (or similar ones) that you might want to purchase in place of what you normally buy.

i also thought of an interactive maps & navigation app that uses live user data regarding speed etc. whilst you are driving to map average traffic speeds in any given area to upload to a central server so that when you are on a road it can automatically route you round problem areas with minimal input and over time give increasingly more accurate traffic data for each area that the app owner could sell to interested 3rd parties to make their own apps better and to help fund further app development.

another app thought about was in conjunction with an in-car holder which would allow the camera to continue working and record front facing video in the background and constantly buffer the last 60 seconds or so of sound & video which it would save to disk in the event of an accident (which it could use the accelerometer to detect the g-force of an accident) so it would act as a kind of black box and be used to show that some other eejit was responsible for the crash and not you. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Colm!

Ahh, yes, dream apps. Got a few, here's one I could be bothered to write up now though:
    80972111.png
    Hansify - Your life, as soundtracked by Hans Zimmer.
    This app literally contains the DNA of the famous composer, working in tandem with your phone's sensory features to create a unique soundtrack for your surroundings. Not only does it help to raise your self esteem by making everything you do sound incredibly epic, it also has its uses. Use this app to take note of possible dangers, love interests or mistakes you've made by reading the subtle audio cues within the soundtrack! And that's not all. Now available as app addons on Android Market(R) are new dynamic features, including the much requested Morgan Freeman narration mode, and the alternative Daftify mode for those "I just saw Tron Legacey oooooooohhhh Daft Punk soundtrack!!!1!!" people who are neglecting the fact that Hans made the best soundtrack this year fans of Daft Punk.
    Just listen to those goddamn piano chords. You want this app.

Released to rave reviews:
    "This app is goddamn important, buy it!" - Colm!
    "I want an Android phone just for this app." - Colm!
    "I know this app doesn't exist. Gimmie phone anyway?" - Colm!
    "This app makes me wonder why I didn't get some famous film composer to soundtrack the universe in the first place. Where's Morricone when you need him?" - God

Advertisement