Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Closed] Win a SIM Free HTC Desire HD smartphone

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,649 ✭✭✭✭CDfm

Early morning coffee app would be for me

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

My ideal app would be something that allows me to change the music my local radio station plays to suit my individual need without inflicting upon any other listeners, a personalised local radio station

• Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Squeeonline

GoGreen,

Most people carry their phone with them everywhere, so it is safe to say that if they leave the house, they have their phone with them. As they leave (and there's noone left in the house) anything dangerous to be left on, or wasteful would be shut off automatically. Perhaps a reminder could be sent to phone in cases of doubt and offer the user a choice to turn it off or not.

iAmSmart -

an app that knows what you mean, not what you type when searching. It would also help you write things better when your brain just isn't working. So you could copy in a bit of the letter or email or assignment you are writing and it would suggest a better way of writing it. It may detect and suggest changes to the tone, better words, and clearer grammar to make communication more transparent and prevent things being lost in translation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

I-lotto app, that predicts the lotto results getting it right 1% of the time. Win it once a year.

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭bassey

My favourite app would be one that would sync with a smart meter so I can see just how much electricity I'm using and what I'm paying for it whilst sitting on my arse watching tv

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,467 ✭✭✭highlydebased

One that gives me an electric shock to get outta bed in the morning!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭BengaLover

An APP that would predict my teenage daughters mood swings..therefore giving me an advantage to go hide for the duration..:D

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭hotshots85

I would def go for an app that would let me submit accurate meter readings for my esb meter.......... wait....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

a charity donation app, come on steve dont be miserly

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭alanucc

An app that lets you scan scratch cards to see what's on them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭sausages79

Maybe it could run the country for us???? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 43 craddy96

I would have to say my dream app would have to be, A dishwasher app! How many times have you been explaining something amazing that you love and someone says "yeh, but does it do the dishes?" Haha that would shut them up!:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭coats

I'd love an app that tells you the things to say in an arguement that you wish you'd said after, the best come backs always come to you too late

• Registered Users Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

An app that does everything. Literally, on app that has the ability of every other app... ever!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

My app would be I-Quit. When you run it Brian Cowen quits. It's re usable, you can use it again and again till the right person (superman/batman) comes along...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭lorweld

My ideal app would be an I-alcohol tester. Might stop those drunken texts and calls at 3am!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭Dingatron

Mine would be I-PotHole©. If (when) you encounter a bad pothole on the road and wish to report it you could use the app to automatically take a picture of it along with the gps co-ordinents of the pothole and send it by email to the local county council based on the gps co-ordinents.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,008 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

The App would be called

I-Use

It would work like or in tandem with the wireless energy monitors that are available at the moment for around the home, but it would be on my phone - which means it will be on my person at all times!.

I like the idea of being aware of the power we are using, and being able to tell how much power is being consumed live, therefore knowing how much each item uses individually. The thing i don't like about the current energy monitors is that they have to be plugged in and therefore are always a little bit out of reach and the idea suffers a little because of this.

With this app being made available on my phone i think the true value of the idea would be harvested, and many more people would start becoming more energy aware around the home.

You would have the ability to enter your rate amounts, and therefore become more aware of the savings to be made, visually encouraging people to use certain items at times of lower rates such as dishwashers and tumble driers.

How could you not love an app that is green and that has the ability to tune you into money saving mode!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭dak

I-Mum ! An app to answer all questions begining with "where are , where is, can I " etc My wife would like one of these for the children so she could have an odd day off !

• Registered Users Posts: 24 marksetgo

my ideal app would be one that can read your car/vehicale engnine diagnostics telling you in advance of failing parts or when a service is due.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭Babalons

An app that senses the shoes your wearing are no suitable for the icy conditions your walking on , and either:
    1 - Suggests a change of shoes
    2 - Shuts down and forces you to leave phone at home
    3 - Limits alcohol intake
    4 - Connects to other friends with the app to link you to the closest taxi rank
    5 - And if your unlucky enough to slip on the ice, land on your phone (Right pocket) and break your HTC Desire screen, :mad: it automatically enters you into class competitions like this one. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 4,136 ✭✭✭rameire

i would like an app that would be operational while i drive,
    and when i pass a driver i see holding a mobile phone while driving,
    i could say Block, and it would block all mobile access on the phone in my vacinity, thus blocking the person from talking on the phone.

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭shofukan

An app that'll win me the phone...?
    Though in fairness I don't have a phone that does apps so that might not work :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭discobeaker

My app would be the I-need a new phone cos all my other phones keep breaking

Kinda explains itself really. Im currently rocking out my mums old Nokia 3330 from about 8 years ago :(

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭ballyrhy86

On a lovely/messy evening out with your friends you simply open up Sober Goggles, point your camera phone at a young lady that has taken your eye and it reverses the powerful effects of Beer Goggles, simples!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,422 ✭✭✭just do it

i-track. Track your bosses whereabouts and lets you know when he's getting close;)

• Registered Users Posts: 30 ceon

My App would be iTime.
    When this app is running, I can go back or forward in time. Solve a lot of problems, have time to get things done! Sweet, simple to use....now where did I put that Delorean? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭backthephilup

An amazing app that translates the words of the person the phone is pointed at into english. Ideal for those travelling abroad or visiting Cavan...:)

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭bigred100

iDreamCatcher

Imagine if we had the ability to replace the earphones with something that would allow us to take the signals from our brains while we dream. Then translate the signals into a movie or audio for us to playback.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33 ex6

As i REALLY REALLY need a new phone, here are my 3 entries. :)

Budget app - you enter your daily/weekly/monthly budget, and everytime you shop, or have urge to shop, you enter the amount paid / to be paid, and you see clear indicator, can you afford it or are you going to be in trouble in the end of the week.

GPS Alarm. Alarm that works based not on time but on GPS location. You enter the coordination and Phone will alarm you when you are nearing the destination. Should have different settings - based on your speed. Lets say you travel in a bus or train - you would like to be woken up "10 minutes" before destination, but when walking (looking for some statue in unknown city, or trying to find your car in Tesco parking lot, the alarm should make a beeping sound like metal detector... beeping more frequently as you are closing in to your car.

Garda Alert - similar to one idea here before about potholes, but it would be good having "Garda Alert" running on your phone, while driving. You drive, see garda measuring speed, you press the button and the location is sent to server. and when you are nearing places, where garda is often spotted, you get a warning to drive nicely.

Im sure something like that exists already, but those three would be handy.

Advertisement