Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Closed] Win a SIM Free HTC Desire HD smartphone

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭DonJose

i-don't want to make the switch

An app that tells Bord Gais and Airtricity salespeople that you don't want to switch over, that you're happy staying with ESB. Had an airtricity guy cold call me at 5:15pm on Saturday, then their salepeople still come around at least once a month, when they ask me am I interested in saving 13% I say no and they go :eek: and I go :D and close the door.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭John G

My app would be I'm Here! an app that recods your location when you press it.

Good for finding your car in a car park, marking buried treasure etc. You could also send on your location to let someone know your whereabouts. The app could possible be configured to automatically send this on when requested (e.g. so mammy knows where her kids are).

Its either this or an app that automatically operates my toaster. Whichever gets me the phone!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Dacelonid

An app that can detect when I am drunk (using the accelerometers I guess) and stop me from ringing people at 4 in the morning for a chat :-)
    Would also be handy for my mates who also have a habit of doing the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭Zipppy

An iAdvice' app...

A lot (most?) of the threads on boards and many other forums are threads 'seeking advice'on certain matters, we also have eHow.com, answers.com etc etc ..

Why not have an app that you can utilise voice recognition software to understand a spoken question submitted to the app and search the www for the 'best fit' answer and speak the answer back to you?

You could state the category initially .. say 'Jobs advice' and then state your question...the app would go off search teh web for a best answer(s) and alert you when it was ready to tell you the answers?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭lmimmfn

An i-win competition winner app :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 ironpool24

So if you're walking down the street and see a girl with a pair of shoes you like, this app would snap them and tell you where you can buy them!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭alexmcred

Mine would be i-Start.

On those cold and frosty mornings it would start your car and have it cleared of snow and ice and toasty inside before I get in.

During the summer it would start the air con so you could get into a nice cool car.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Twixster

i-coffee app. So I can log on while still in bed in the morning and turn on the coffee machine :) and then when the coffee is ready I'll get a text from the machine :D

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭windowlicker

i-ce cream app.

Gives you a big arrow and directions to the closest place that sells ice cream.

Should probably make some sort of tasty i'm here noise on arrival :)

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭youthacademy

i-T (i-Tea) - My ideal app would shtick the kettle on!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Brenireland

My Favourite App & Dream App,would be the job creating App,where if you became unemployed the App would locate the best vacancy and forward your C.V etc.....

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

I'd love a proper traffic app, something which can recognise traffic jams from the camera feeds and use google maps to tell you the quickest route home. Would have to be keenly priced to compete against all the satnavs which claim they can do the same though!

• Registered Users Posts: 29 froggus

i-wear

Never leave the house again committing a fasion faux-pas. Let's you colour coordinate your outfits and even suggests the best combinations in your wardrobe based on the time of year, what's in fashion, day of the week etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭Le King

A credit Card app. An App that would bring an end to plastic Credit Cards through a Wi-Fi, unhackable credit card app! You could pay for stuff with your phone in a shop/restaurant etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭unklefiction

hemorrdroid - an app that warns and gives the direction of an approaching pain in the arse.

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭odonnellcarey

I'd really like an app which scans all the TV schedules and sets shows to record based on your preferences.
    The app would be configured by querying me about my favourite programmes, actors, writers, subjects, genres etc.
    My new HTC Desire :D would then regularly update my entertainment system so everything was recorded automatically.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭stonybroke

i-Fart

Its a social app, when you fart it turns the noise into a ringtone and deodorises the smell,

No more worries when your sitting in your girlfriends livingroom with her parents!!

• Registered Users Posts: 29 froggus

i-ShopCheap

Scans the barcode of an item and displays where you can get it cheapest

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭markwho

The iBank, an app which i can keep look at my bank accounts, sort of like email accounts, and can do all my banking from them, from one source. print statements, transfer money. But also has a built in budget-type machine, so you can enter in expenses, and it can automatically put money aside to a savings account and all that sort of stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

iThink

an app that does anthing you think when its open.
    • Switch on the tv
    • change the channel
    • book tickets online
    • open the garage door
    • feed the pets
    • fill your wallet with money
    • do your days work for you
    • walk the dog

Basically anything you can imagine... ant it does it...

(except of course illegal things)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭PrzemoF

A Polygraph (a lie detector) - based on voice and video. I'd like to test it on politicians...

• Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Lord Derpington

froggus wrote: »
    i-ShopCheap

Scans the barcode of an item and displays where you can get it cheapest

its called shopSavy for android ;)

I would love a application that would have a list of my current gadgets etc and once a new product come on the market it would tell me where it would fit into my current setup and where i could get it at the best price.
    I suppose like a blend of Engadget and amazon.

Failing that i would like an application that would analyse a pill/tablet by taking a picture of it and tell me what it is or what it could be, because once they are out of the box/packet it is sometimes very difficult to tell them apart!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭Tazz T

My Immersion

This clever little app takes your immersion heat model and works out exactly how long it needs to be on for enough water for dishes, a shower or a bath, it then sends a signal to switch off the immersion after the required length of time.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,863 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

igrocer,

app keeps track of what's leaving your presses and fridge and lets you know the quantities available next time you shop, or could automatically go to online shop and re-order for you one your pre determined level is reached.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭Redders825

My dream app would be one which would automatically set the heating on at a pre-set time, so when i am waking up in the mornings it would be nice and cosy in the winter months, the app could also set the windscreen heater on my car, because i know my fingers have been numb the past month scrapping the ice off!!

So basically its an app that keeps me warm, when i need it most!!
    GOOO HEAT!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭Daith

Ticketmaster app. Alerts for gigs and a one click process to pay for tickets, with your standard preferences saved.

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭DM addict

My ideal app would be the i-kettle - something to put the kettle on 5 minutes before you walked in the door and have a cup of tea ready for when you come in from work

• Registered Users Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

A MyHome app - I want to be able to decide on my way home to put on the heating, hot water, pre-heat the oven, or put on the wash. (don't forget putting the kettle on for a cuppa!) If I've forgotten to put on the house alarm, or left the TV/radio on, I can turn'em off... All from the comfort of the bus into work, the walk home or in the office. It would all be pretty easy to do too, being able to connect the plug sockets into the houses wireless broadband and setting them to timers. Simples.

The more complicated ones need integrated wireless units in the electronic devices. But hey, it'd be worth it to come home to hot water and a kettle ready for a cuppa every day.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭roganjosh

How about the iPaint. If you're planning on painting a room in your house, you take a photo with your HTC Desire, and then check what the room would look like in your chosen colour before putting it on the wallls.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭giggsy664

An App that would dispense root beer for me.

THAT'S ALL I'LL EVER NEED :pac:

Advertisement