Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Closed] Win a SIM Free HTC Desire HD smartphone

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

an i - ride app would be nice for all the right reasons. It would make for a very interesing world i imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

ex6 wrote: »
    As i REALLY REALLY need a new phone, here are my 3 entries. :)

Budget app - you enter your daily/weekly/monthly budget, and everytime you shop, or have urge to shop, you enter the amount paid / to be paid, and you see clear indicator, can you afford it or are you going to be in trouble in the end of the week.

GPS Alarm. Alarm that works based not on time but on GPS location. You enter the coordination and Phone will alarm you when you are nearing the destination. Should have different settings - based on your speed. Lets say you travel in a bus or train - you would like to be woken up "10 minutes" before destination, but when walking (looking for some statue in unknown city, or trying to find your car in Tesco parking lot, the alarm should make a beeping sound like metal detector... beeping more frequently as you are closing in to your car.

Garda Alert - similar to one idea here before about potholes, but it would be good having "Garda Alert" running on your phone, while driving. You drive, see garda measuring speed, you press the button and the location is sent to server. and when you are nearing places, where garda is often spotted, you get a warning to drive nicely.

Im sure something like that exists already, but those three would be handy.

You really do need a new phone, all of those apps are available already. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Rafloution

Here goes my app would be I-n the hand

Basically one central place in my house to control lights, heating,tv,xbox, kitchen appliances, locking doors etc think also integrates with my fridge telling my which of my popular barcodes are missing.

This thing is basically the keys to my house I can only use it from my fingerprint and it can be then extended to use for car ignition.

When I'm in bed I look in one place and security/ safetywise the checklist shows what's happening.

It will be here one day in the future !

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭loconnor1001

Mine would be the i-dog, and it would monitor the dogs needs, especially when its really cold and early and the dog wants to go out, it automatically open and close the patio door to let him in and out without waking me up from my beauty sleep.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Boscoirl

iZapper, an app that lets you program in the signal for your cars central locking and will start it if you have keyless ignition.

the app will also work on electronic gates or garage doors.

that or an app will let me submit my ESB reading.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭clancyoo7

My dream app would be capable of remotely checking on alarm and house via cctv and be capable of giving an audio warning throughout the house to any intruder. You would also be able to cancel any false alarm activations and reactivate remotely.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭iwishihadaname

My ideal app would be a carbon footprint map app, or I-GreenFoot :)

You put in where you are and where you're headed and it gives you a list of options of how to walk there, where to hire a bike, get a bus or taxi and calculates your distance, duration and carbon footprint for each option.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

an isnooze, it would help induce sleep at opportune times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

An i-dont know what I am doing with DIY app, giving step by step guides to the finer points of destroying your house then provides you with a list of professionals to fix your work.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭robbeardsley

An app to connect to those new power regulators. The ones that turn off the power in different rooms. I know its easy to just go into the panel and just switch it off but say somebody (kids maybe) keeps turning it on at night to play music or xbox itd be annoying to keep getting up to turn it off. Be easier to do it remotely.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

I'd just like an app that boils the kettle and puts bread in the toaster every morning, I've wanted it ever since I saw it on Wallace and Gromit.

... I'd settle for a dog that can make tea though

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭harry21

Ok..... my app would be the 'get-milk' app.

It would let you know when you are out of milk, and let you get it delivered via home shopping.

Avoid those days when you go to the shop for milk and come home without it... how:confused:, and those terrible morinings when you have no milk for the cereal and tea!!:eek:

An app that sends texts to people when they forget to turn the lights / tv / computer off and tells them how much money is wasting away!

• Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭ChewChew

as lame as I am, it would have to be an i-cook app. bang in your meal idea and it throws back easy and more complex recipes on the cheap and step by step guides!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 33 ex6

2 more app ideas ( like I said before... I NEED new phone :P )

1) iSneese. Monitors room via microphone, and when sneesing is detected, plays random MP3 file of different people saying "Bless you" or "Gesundheit". :)

2) iSnore. Same thing, but when snoring is detected via microphone - plays something like angry man saying "Stop snoring you piece of %#€Q%&#" or sexy woman voice saying: "Honey, keep it down, I need my beauty sleep" :)

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭ballyrhy86

An app that calculates your carbon footprint based on the appliances you have in your house, your electricity usage, how you travel to work (car, public transport) and other info.

It would also show you how you can reduce your carbon footprint by changing your energy usage habits, using a different mode of transport, making use of solar energy and so on.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 chook

No, it's not what you think... :D

It's app that tells me when one of my errand chickens has laid an egg and sends me GPS coordinates for finding those eggs hidden away under bushes and in clumps of rushes....

chook

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭Mad Benny

My ideal app would be "The Secretary". She answers my calls, tells me what to wear and how attractive I am. She pays the bills, stops me making stupid phone calls when I'm going home from the pub.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭coach23

My app would be the 'I stop' app with the app turned on using voice control i can simply say "phone stop" and the world stops all but me everything else can be frozen but me imagine the lives i could save and the changes i could make!

• Registered Users Posts: 28 cathy48

My App would be one that would give me the winning numbers for the lotto and then all my dream apps would come true

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭rc28

iEatwell

Simple but an app that could sense what vitamins and minerals I might be deficient in (based on what food I have been purchasing) and suggest a new shopping list with links to the nearest place to get them and prices.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Diarmsquid

Dream app would be a dream app.

So, you put these earplugs into your ears before you go to bed, and leave them in while you sleep. Except they're not earphones, they're dream sensors. They measure your brain activity, and convert this information and records in as a .mov video file on your phone. The pro version would have an analysis tool, where it tells you what your weird dreams mean and how crazy you are.

But the regular version would be fine for me. I just hate it when I know I have an amazing dream but can't remember what happened.

And the cheesiest function... Face recognition software linked with Facebook to help you find the girl of your dreams.

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭Gaw_

My ideal app would be the 'iChoc'.

When you install it, it seemingly does nothing, only when you place your phone down on something does it become clear: It clones anything it touches into a replica of itself - made out of chocolate.

Think of the possibilties - put your phone down onto a table.. damn you've just got a chocolate table - what's more, once it's been replicated, a menu forces itself onto your smartphone that lets you adjust the richness and flavour of the chocolate.. you want a caramel chocolate table? Yeah, it can do that. A dark chocolate Lamborghini? Well - if you have a Lamborghini then you could ;)

I'd say we're pretty far off that type of technology, but it's still a nice thought :D

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭DriverMad

I would love an app that the creche / babysitter would have that would let you know what happening during the day:

1. Give you updates on what they are doing
    2. What they eat during the day
    3. If they slept
    4. What they learnt

It could be expanded to other things like their temperature....

Somethnig like that.

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭muboop1

An app that compares the prices of supermarket products using a scan technique.

Ie, I'm in tescos, i see heinz spaghetti for 79c, it scans the products barcode and tells me the price in supervalue etc...

But you can use it for multiple items... ie scan in 10 items and see the savings if you drove to other shop or ordered form online store to save you the drive..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭ru437z9t8fidq2

an application that would find anything i attached something to. as in if i could attach a device to a remote control or my car keys, and the phone could find it or make it make a noise so i could locate it easy through bluetooth or wifi or something...

Lie detector app, just have it on when the potential liar speaks! It vibrates to let you know when they lie.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭TiGeR KiNgS

My ideal app would be straight out of 'Star Wars'. The Jedi Mind Trick app, I would just wave My HTC Desire in front of an unsuspecting victim person and voila, It was actually me who invented Facebook, whats a 's'uckerburg ? I'd yell out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭ru437z9t8fidq2

an application that would detect where there are electrical wires behind a wall. when your putting up a picture on the wall its hard to get a hold of one of them gadget thingys that do it. itd be really handy if ya cud just have an app that would warn you where not to bang a nail into..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭tommy21

Mine would be an i-govern - I've listened to enough political analysis and bickering, and as a result of this subliminal assault, I now have the answer to our economic woes and corruption. Unfortunately the app will only run on the HTC Desire, and so for now the answer remains an enigma, much like Irish politics ;)

Advertisement