Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Protest March 27/11/2010

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

humberklog wrote: »
    No she recalls it well...seen a car go up in flames.

I'm a photographer so go to a lot of these things.

On Saturday we'll both have our cameras. She loves photographing protest ect. now.

We missed each other at the last Israeli demo, sorry I have to miss this one now. I'll look forward to your photos.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭dillo2k10

How many do you think will be at this protest???

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,447 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

We missed each other at the last Israeli demo, sorry I have to miss this one now. I'll look forward to your photos.

I'm mostly looking forward to seeing hers as the camera she's using is a can of Coors light beer...really:o. It's exactly as a can of Coors but flips open on side to reveal a view finder. She'll look like a mini yob! Takes standard 35mm film. I'll link you into the site when their developed.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,144 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

dillo2k10 wrote: »
    How many do you think will be at this protest???

It's going to be a cold miserable day, so I'd say about 20,000 to 30,000.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

humberklog wrote: »
    I'm mostly looking forward to seeing hers as the camera she's using is a can of Coors light beer...really:o. It's exactly as a can of Coors but flips open on side to reveal a view finder. She'll look like a mini yob! Takes standard 35mm film. I'll link you into the site when their developed.

If we're called out I'll bopped her Dad over the head first so :p

Seriously, best of good and I hope she enjoys the experience.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,568 ✭✭✭Chinasea

Me tracksuit is in the wash and won't be dry enuff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,925 ✭✭✭th3 s1aught3r

Anyone know what route the march is taking ?
    Also , if its going to the Dail, will any of the politicians actually be there ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 RoodBoi

I personally think it's ridiculous for anyone not to go to this. Regardless of who is or isn't affilated with this march / protest. It's one big chance to, at least, try and make a difference. Before the IMF sink their teeth in. Which I'm sure you're all aware we don't need, just check out their shady history.
    Maybe the people will be ignored in the next few weeks, maybe this will fall on deaf ears and maybe, in fact most likely, there will be small groups trying to disrupt the protest, there for no other reason than causing trouble. But it still stands that we need to try. Or else further cement our reputation as the laughing stock of Europe. Pushover Ireland. Get out there lads and lasses. Regardless of the weatrher. ;p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

Morlar wrote: »
    No I wont fcuck off. I am as entitled to have a view point and express it as you are whether it meets your approval or not.
    Your "view" is irrelevant, so STFU, you are just wasting our bandwidth with your ****e.

Ill be at the protest because Id like to actually make a statement instead of pissing and moaning like a little ****ing windbag on the internet.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

Anyone know what route the march is taking ?
    Also , if its going to the Dail, will any of the politicians actually be there ?

From Wood/Essex Quay to GPO

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭Morlar

CiaranC wrote: »
    Your "view" is irrelevant, so STFU, you are just wasting our bandwidth with your ****e.

Ill be at the protest because Id like to actually make a statement instead of pissing and moaning like a little ****ing windbag on the internet.

Again, no I won't shut the fcuk up. You people have a serious attitude problem to anyone voicing an opinion that does not conform to your own.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Originally Posted by Morlar viewpost.gif
    No I wont fcuck off. I am as entitled to have a view point and express it as you are whether it meets your approval or not.

"Gentlemen. You can't fight in here. This is the War Room!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 RoodBoi

handbags girls. lets all be pals and just go out and have a good old fashioned kicking up of a fuss. :D

Again, no I won't shut the fcuk up. You people have a serious attitude problem to anyone voicing an opinion that does not conform to your own.

You said earlier you weren't going to waste your time arguing, yet you are still here :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

Your opinion is "well its all really terrible but I wont protest because a few middle class crusties and a few shinners will be there".

Honestly, go back to mumbling into your lunch about how really terrible it all is and stop wasting our time. Im sick of talking to doormats like you.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,511 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Your opinion is "well its all really terrible but I wont protest because a few middle class crusties and a few shinners will be there".

Honestly, go back to mumbling into your lunch about how really terrible it all is and stop wasting our time. Im sick of talking to doormats like you.

If you walked up to Cowen and slapped him in the face he still wouldn't change his mind. The protest really won't acheive anything but good luck to all at it. And watch out for the teens, with no interest in politics, a protest, or the wellbeing of our country, looking for an excuse to loot some Christmas tracksuits.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,779 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

No need to be so smug or self-righteous, just because YOU believe anyone that isn't going to the march is apathetic doesn't make it so. People are extremely emotive in this thread

No, that is not my opinion. My opinion is that this is a cluster**** of epic proportions. PART (read that again - the word is PART NOT ALL 'part') of the issue (the current issue of budget deficit not banking crisis - read that again the budget deficit triggering PART of the need for a bailout not the entire banking crisis ) has been caused by public sector unions. Those same people organising the protest march.

So no my issue isn't with some kind of opposition to shinners - (infact I am coming more around to their euro sceptic point of view as regards the eu) or some ridiculous notion of opposition to 'middle class crusties'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭ilovesleep

I understand cuts and tax hikes is going to happen and needs to happen and its not going to be one bit easy for anyone. what i have a problem with is the current shower in government unwilling to take any responsibilty for this mess. they are hitting the people of this nation left, right and centre with cuts while not taking any cuts themselves. there is a sickening thread here in ah about that. the country is going down and if they truley cared they would help in any way they can. but they wont. all they care about are themselves. they are hanging us all out to dry and are going to sell us. they cant even be trusted to haggle 6/7% down. they are forcing us into extreme finiancial hardship for life that will affect generations to come. i want them gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Stato x

I will be there as will many of my friends. I have no affiliation with any political party or union(anymore since I lost my job).
    We will be there as individuals protesting against the poor management of the country.

The more people that go to take part in a peaceful protest will help to keep it peaceful, so if u dont go because u think that type of person will be there then u are allowing them to riot in your name.
    I say in your name because ,if u take the French example, the media will just portray the negative side and not focus on numbers involved.

Please please please take part in this peaceful protest to highlight that WE as a people dont accept that government plans are correct and written to benefit the people of the country. The plan is to benefit bankers and bond holders and will result in the poorest people in our country suffering more than they are already.

• Advertisement

ilovesleep wrote: »
    I understand cuts and tax hikes is going to happen and needs to happen and its not going to be one bit easy for anyone. what i have a problem with is the current shower in government unwilling to take any responsibilty for this mess. they are hitting the people of this nation left, right and centre with cuts while not taking any cuts themselves. there is a sickening thread here in ah about that. the country is going down and if they truley cared they would help in any way they can. but they wont. all they care about are themselves. they are hanging us all out to dry and are going to sell us. they cant even be trusted to haggle 6/7% down. they are forcing us into extreme finiancial hardship for life that will affect generations to come. i want them gone.

There's an election in January

No, that is not my opinion. My opinion is that this is a cluster**** of epic proportions. PART (read that again - the word is PART NOT ALL 'part') of the issue (the current issue of budget deficit not banking crisis - read that again the budget deficit triggering PART of the need for a bailout not the entire banking crisis ) has been caused by public sector unions. Those same people organising the protest march.

So no my issue isn't with some kind of opposition to shinners - (infact I am coming more around to their euro sceptic point of view as regards the eu) or some ridiculous notion of opposition to 'middle class crusties'.

Unions have the own interests, the government should have took the tough decisions and told them to stick their CPA up their you know what, but they didn't because the politicians are also part of the CPA, because they are high earning public servants.
    Individual greed has got us where we are today and the collective will suffer for it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Killer Pigeon

Has anyone gotten their free V mask, black cape and AK-47 from the Unions yet?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Folks lets ease off the personal stuff. Attack the post and not the poster from here on out.

With respect - that will be after the budget is passed and after the current govt sign us up to a 4 yr eu stabilisation and imf rescue package. So there is a point valid issue about the urgency.

It's unknown at this point what FG can or will be prepared to do about the black hole the govt will have placed us into after they take power.

Personally I think they are leaning towards either some kind of ordered default, or some kind of fundamental re-negotiation with the eu as regards how much bondholders are liable to private banks failing and how much taxpayers are liable to a private bank failing. Even if technically they are state owned at this point.

Crosáidí wrote: »
    You said earlier you weren't going to waste your time arguing, yet you are still here :confused

Responding to posts made in my direction you will note.

Crosáidí wrote: »
    Unions have the own interests, the government should have took the tough decisions and told them to stick their CPA up their you know what, but they didn't because the politicians are also part of the CPA, because they are high earning public servants.
    Individual greed has got us where we are today and the collective will suffer for it

That is not a logic I can agree with. 'It's not the unions fault the govt are incapable of reigning them in' ? Part of the reason the govt have so far been unable to reign them in is the perception of widespread public support that the unions bring to bear in govt negotiations which leads us nicely back to this march on saturday. imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭ilovesleep

The current shower cant even be trusted until then. Someone here on boards suggested a revolotion. how we'll do that in 12 days i dont know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭Donkey Oaty

Now, can someone explain this to me: is Saturday's march against the current negotiations or deal that is being agreed, which in certain ways cannot be overturned by an incoming government?

• Advertisement

Now, can someone explain this to me: is Saturday's march against the current negotiations or deal that is being agreed, which in certain ways cannot be overturned by an incoming government?

It's organised by the unions, so despite what you may have read, it's not really 'against' anything - it's 'for' preserving the status quo and protecting union member interests above national interest

Advertisement