Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Protest March 27/11/2010

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭ilovesleep

By the way, I don't believe we need violence to get this sorted out, but we do need a prolonged campaign of peaceful civil disobedience. Do we need to start burning cars and smashing shop windows, NO, but do we need to take this problem by the balls and turn out in huge numbers and STAY OUT and seriously disrupt the normal flow of business until such a time as we have an election and have a say??? Yes we do I think, it's time to say enough is enough...

Can we get this message across on the radios tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭jimthemental

ilovesleep wrote: »
    I think we know not to vote FF.

We might but not everyone does. I'm still a member but the only way I would vote for them now is if they were straight up against SF. Was having a big argument with my old lad the other day and after he admitted that they were terrible for the country he still felt he would vote for them. That is the mentality you deal with around FF, they have institutionalized the electorate.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭kildarecommuter

wellsir wrote: »
    NO, wont be marching, the likes of Jack O'Connor earning over 160k pa and he rattling on about the poor, fookin hypocrite.
    Voting the same way, as whatever about Inda, we had a personality in Bertie Ahern and look where that got us.
    Oh, and I couldn't agree more with the above.

Jack O,Connor is not on 160k a year nor has he been on any state boards quangos etc. Salaries for officals in SIPTU range from about 27k to about 80k I think although apparently salaries in some other unions are higher,
    worked with a guy who now works for SIPTu.
    But Im going saturday

Why isn't there an announcement across boards to notify people of the protest

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭bobblepuzzle

You won't see me marching behind any Public sector union, right shower of bastards, lump them in with the government when taking responsibility

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,446 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Why isn't there an announcement across boards to notify people of the protest

a) It's not affiliated with Boards.ie in any way
    b) If the protest turned violent, it could reflect poorly on Boards.ie
    c) It's not up to Boards.ie to make sure people know about it
    d) Atari Jaguar

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

I feel point D is most important.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

We might but not everyone does. I'm still a member but the only way I would vote for them now is if they were straight up against SF. Was having a big argument with my old lad the other day and after he admitted that they were terrible for the country he still felt he would vote for them. That is the mentality you deal with around FF, they have institutionalized the electorate.

You're old lad is a total idiot tbh!

That needs to be said, and made clear to all these stupid cockholes who'll vote for them through narrow-mindedness and pathetic weakness of character. If you vote FF, you are a traitor not only to your country, or your fellow citizen, but also to yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭kildarecommuter

Cmdr Keen wrote: »
    You won't see me marching behind any Public sector union, right shower of bastards, lump them in with the government when taking responsibility

You dont have too, neither will I . I worrk in the Private sector always have, Ive been a member of SIPTU and the AEEU(called something else now) never been on strike etc but always believed that unions despite some faults were probably a good thing in civil society.
    Im in a management position in a multinational which is here since the 60s and is unionised but always managed to reach agreement between both sides

• Registered Users Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭scotchy

davyjose wrote: »
    You're old lad is a total idiot tbh!

That needs to be said, and made clear to all these stupid cockholes who'll vote for them through narrow-mindedness and pathetic weakness of character. If you vote FF, you are a traitor not only to your country, or your fellow citizen, but also to yourself.

Agree with you 100%, but whats the alternative?

💙 💛 💙 💛 💙 💛

• Advertisement

a) It's not affiliated with Boards.ie in any way
    b) If the protest turned violent, it could reflect poorly on Boards.ie
    c) It's not up to Boards.ie to make sure people know about it
    d) Atari Jaguar

Cheers for this info.

scotchy wrote: »
    Agree with you 100%, but whats he alternative?

If you still believe FF to be the best choice on a ballot sheet, regardless of the poor alternatives, you have my utmost pity.

They have destroyed a nation, a society, a republic. The alternative? Hmmm maybe the people who didn't do that???

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Fouloleron

I know your father still will vote for them and you might in some case but please understand.. they have just about ruined our country. You and your children and your children's children will be in debt to foreign powers because of FF.

Even Sine Fein (and be leave i am no supporter) they could never of done half as much damage!!.

Fianna Fail have to go and they need to be destroyed in their current incarnation for the benefit of the Irish people.

Alternatives? at this stage anybody else would be better, and i mean ANYONE.

FF have done the WORST that a party could to this country, anyone by comparison is better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

Crosáidí wrote: »
    We would all prefer if you didn't come because of your snobbish behaviour, TBH i've never seen you write a positive word about anything on Boards.ie, you criticize and tear down any suggestion by any posters on here

With all due respect, you are either lying, talking through your arse or choose to be extremely selective in your reading.

If you still believe FF to be the best choice on a ballot sheet, regardless of the poor alternatives, you have my utmost pity.

They have destroyed a nation, a society, a republic. The alternative? Hmmm maybe the people who didn't do that???

You got me wrong.

Ive been a labour voter all my adult life. I dont want to vote for them any more.

And I think FG are worse than FF.

💙 💛 💙 💛 💙 💛

And I think FG are worse than FF.

Really? In what way?

What have FG done that is worse than what FF have done to this country? examples please?

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Fouloleron

Really? In what way?

What have FG done that is worse than what FF have done to this country? examples please?

Who cares, FF have to go, thats all that matters now, anyone would be better

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,477 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

Really? In what way?

More what they didn't do...they didn't beat them in last election...pretty flipping damning in my book.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,705 ✭✭✭Johro

Seems a little bit pedantic saying '...well I'm not going coz I don't want to be associated with so and so...'
    We're all in the same boat. Whatever happened to solidarity?
    It's not a love-in. It's a protest.

Really? In what way?

Okay, maybe not worse. But to me, they're two sides of the same coin.

💙 💛 💙 💛 💙 💛

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭desaparecidos

Okay, maybe not worse. But to me, they're two sides of the same coin.

One side of the coin ran the country into the ground and have turned us into a debt slave nation.

The other side of the coin...erm...what exactly did they do that you so disapprove of?

I honestly don't think FG would have made a massive difference. They are two sides of the same coin. Predictable politics, both parties, yet people keep voting for either. Promises, promises when they're on the campaign trail, then when they get to power, amnesia.

Anybody watching the panel tonight? its so funny. The panel party - they are setting up. Hope it works for them

One side of the coin ran the country into the ground and have turned us into a debt slave nation.

The other side of the coin...erm...what exactly did they do that you so disapprove of?

They havn't done anything. Thats the problem, They never do anything.

Look, this thread is going off topic. You and me are going to have to stand shoulder to shoulder on Saturday. FF needs to be left in no doubt as to how people feel about what they have done to our country.

What I was trying to say, probably badly, is this country needs to dump FF. I just wish I had other options to Labour/FG/SF et al.

Im getting another glass of wine now.

💙 💛 💙 💛 💙 💛

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,897 ✭✭✭MagicSean

Johro wrote: »
    Seems a little bit pedantic saying '...well I'm not going coz I don't want to be associated with so and so...'
    We're all in the same boat. Whatever happened to solidarity?
    It's not a love-in. It's a protest.

Seriously? If nambla organised a march against a policy you disagreed with would you join with them as brothers?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

Any chance the country can come to an abolute halt next week and everybody get out onto the streets protesting.

I think you'll find that most people will be too busy working.

k_mac wrote: »
    Seriously? If nambla organised a march against a policy you disagreed with would you join with them as brothers?
    That's just argumentative for the sake of it. You may not like the unions, or Sinn Fein members, or whoever might be taking part in the protest, but none of them are part of a paedophile organisation. Be reasonable. I'm not joining anyone 'as brothers'. I have a grievance which a lot of people share.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

No way would I go to a Union organised march. I can only imagine the spin Begg and Co. will put on it in the next few weeks if there is a massive turnout. "The people spoke on November 27th, everyone is against cuts to the Public Service" Ugh, vomit.

I wouldn't be protesting on behalf of the unions. I'd be there on my own behalf.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Johro wrote: »
    I wouldn't be protesting on behalf of the unions. I'd be there on my own behalf.

Won't make a difference. Look at the student march, most of the trouble was caused by SF, Eirigay and other groups. Didn't make much difference in the media. All the headlines in the papers will "Huge turn out at protest march by Trade Unions". They won't be "Huge turn out at protest march by trade unions except for Johnro, he was there on his own behalf."

Advertisement