Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Protest March 27/11/2010

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,080 ✭✭✭Gunsfortoys

maxxie wrote: »
    Are you gona cry ?

I think hes gona cry !

Case and point regarding attending the protest.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

Good luck avoiding them. They manage to hijack any meaningful protest while your back is turned. They won't have effective banners, just the union logos etc. It is like free advertising.

do people think the majority of the people at the march will be from the union, most I know are not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,925 ✭✭✭th3 s1aught3r

I would like to protest against the government for sure
    However I do not want to be associated with trade unions who are led by highly paid bosses and are only about protecting their own interests and not the general interest of the people

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭Morlar

Are you gona cry ?

I think hes gona cry !

Sorry to dissappoint but . . . . No I won't fcuck off and No I am not going to cry. See how that works ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

Can someone explain to me how a protest organised BY the trade union movement has somehow been hijacked by trade unions?

I've been to several protests organised by ICTU that have been hijacked by PBP, Eirigi and SWP, but there were no trade union banners at the Shinners protests outside the gates of Taoiseach's on Monday or yesterday, so to say unions hijact every protest is entirely inaccurate.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Are you gona cry ?

I think hes gona cry !

He'll be crying when whats left of the Govt finish off whats left of the economy and he wont have done a damn thing to stop it

Unless you count his prayers to destroy the evil monsters in the Public Sector..the evil men and women who brought this calamity upon the ordinary graduates of this country.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

I left the country yesterday in a last minute trip so i'll miss Saturday. But if i was there i would be in protesting. I have no like for the unions or those organzing this protest. But i'm not a little pussy bitch lazy cúnt so i'd go in regardless. About 30 of my mates are going in along with almost 2 of their entire GAA clubs. None of them care or like the organizers but are going in with banners they made this week and will be hijacking their protest. Why does it always have to be the other way around? Oh yeah because it's the same stupid lame excuse always used to jusitfy inaction and laziness. Nobody is asking you to take a banner you don't want. Bring your own or just march at the back. It's not showing support for the organizers. It's using their organized event as a platform to show your disdain for the government.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,708 ✭✭✭curlzy

Morlar wrote: »
    To clarify - I am not derailing anything and just because something may be beyond your understanding does not make it nonsense.

For someone who plans to do nothing, you have an awful superiority complex, why are you even on this thread if you're not going to be there?:mad:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 949 ✭✭✭maxxie

Good luck avoiding them. They manage to hijack any meaningful protest while your back is turned. They won't have effective banners, just the union logos etc. It is like free advertising.

Thats life! There are alot of angry Irish people in our current climate. I have no time for the unions, I will be attending under the banner of free Irish people with my family and friends, if you are like minded well then see ya there :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,650 ✭✭✭sensibleken

I would like to protest against the government for sure
    However I do not want to be associated with trade unions who are led by highly paid bosses and are only about protecting their own interests and not the general interest of the people

I can see what your saying but this is the people having theyre say. its not the people on the podium its the numbers on the ground which has the impact.

come the election we can have our say. but by then its closing the door after the horse has bolted. it wont matter a bollox who you elect in the next election because the imf will call the shots.

negotiations are still ongoing and this is the only chance we have to have our say

• Advertisement

If anyone will be hijacking the protest I would say it would be groups like sinn fein ect

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭Morlar

curlzy wrote: »
    For someone who plans to do nothing, you have an awful superiority complex, why are you even on this thread if you're not going to be there?:mad

To make my point clear, to respond to direct questions, aggression, attempts at derision etc (and no, I do not have a superiority complex).

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭CinammonGirl

I will be there Saturday. I'm self-employed. I have no truck with the unions, Jim Corr (bless) et al. I think it's time for the citizens to reclaim the country, a la Fintan O'Toole.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭gazzer

Trying to decide what slogan I am going to put on my placard. Im thinking of
    "I do not accept that" ala the phrase that Brian Lenihan seems to love spouting.

The other one I was thinking of is "Get out of that cupboard Bertie and show your face you treasonous B*****D"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭gsxr1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

Whatever about the unions... If ever I needed a reason to not join the protest, it would to be avoid the yobbish mentality of the likes of these posters who said they will be attending...

curlzy wrote: »
    And who wants to feel like a pathetic, useless, boring, twat????
    Grow some balls and get angry.
    **** off out of the thread so, please :)
    Degsy wrote: »
    Ah fcuck off..you'd give an aspirin a headache.

If you dont agree then stay at home,you wont be missed.
    I have no like for the unions or those organzing this protest. But i'm not a little pussy bitch lazy cúnt so i'd go in regardless. .

Anger is an energy.

But energy is useless if it is wasted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,925 ✭✭✭th3 s1aught3r

Anger is a gift
    (Rage against the machine)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

Anger is a gift
    (Rage against the machine)

Anger is a pain in the arse.

Star Belgrade

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

Whatever about the unions... If ever I needed a reason to not join the protest, it would to be avoid the yobbish mentality of the likes of these posters who said they will be attending...
    Anger is an energy.

We would all prefer if you didn't come because of your snobbish behaviour, TBH i've never seen you write a positive word about anything on Boards.ie, you criticize and tear down any suggestion by any posters on here

Im not a yob, just wont waffle and beat around the bush like yourself Starbelgrade!

But thanks for your input! Enjoy your cheese..

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,447 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

Anger is an energy.

Yeah you've convinced me not to go...them posters are just stupid bullies. The march is stupid too. Everthing's just stupid. Stupid everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,941 ✭✭✭thebigbiffo

just to clarify.

i'm getting paid tomorrow and seeing as it's one of the last paydays i'll have with the current tax system i'm going to the pub on saturday - yes, all day saturday.

i will not attend this march because i am lazy. i would not get up off my barstool to show any support whatsoever for ANY group that will be marching. especially in case some mistook my show of discontent with support of the talking heads from the ICTU et al. it is enevitable that this willl happen.

i will not attend this march becuase it makes no difference to how f'ucked we'll all be.

i will not attend this march because i enjoy not associating with scum.

i will not attend this march because i like my head unmolested by a garda baton.

i will not attend this march because there's no point in being angry at money. money has no feelings, it just want to be in our creditors pockets.

the only good reason i could think of to march this saturday is a little brisk exercise, and i can do that in the walk to the pub.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,897 ✭✭✭MagicSean

I dont understand how people are planning on attending a march organised by the unions and then distancing themselves from the unions. Will there be a seperate crowd marching behind the union members?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Yes that's it ladies, keep bickering amongst yourselves while the Brian's laugh at you and take your money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,650 ✭✭✭sensibleken

k_mac wrote: »
    I dont understand how people are planning on attending a march organised by the unions and then distancing themselves from the unions. Will there be a seperate crowd marching behind the union members?

have you ever been on a march? its several groups and many more individuals. some under the banner of their association and some under none.

so yes there will be several groups and individuals marching behind, in front and beside the unions

humanji wrote: »
    Yes that's it ladies, keep bickering amongst yourselves while the Brian's laugh at you and take your money.

i thought it was more complicated than that:confused:

i'd march if i just thought the boys were taking my money alright - but i assumed it was something to do with international markets, national budget deficits, collapsing banks and the like...

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,447 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

k_mac wrote: »

No need for seperate lanes and such...well not for me. I can work it out in my head.

i thought it was more complicated than that:confused:

i'd march if i just thought the boys were taking my money alright - but i assumed it was something to do with international markets, national budget deficits, collapsing banks and the like...

you have been watching 6.1 too much!

you have been watching 6.1 too much!

most in here seem to be getting their news from indymedia and jack o'connor. thought i'd provide a different viewpoint.

• Advertisement

just to clarify.

i'm getting paid tomorrow and seeing as it's one of the last paydays i'll have with the current tax system i'm going to the pub on saturday - yes, all day saturday.

i will not attend this march because i am lazy. i would not get up off my barstool to show any support whatsoever for ANY group that will be marching. especially in case some mistook my show of discontent with support of the talking heads from the ICTU et al. it is enevitable that this willl happen.

i will not attend this march becuase it makes no difference to how f'ucked we'll all be.

i will not attend this march because i enjoy not associating with scum.

i will not attend this march because i like my head unmolested by a garda baton.

i will not attend this march because there's no point in being angry at money. money has no feelings, it just want to be in our creditors pockets.

the only good reason i could think of to march this saturday is a little brisk exercise, and i can do that in the walk to the pub.

people who express their anger about being made redundent and having their future sacrificed are scum? As opposed to people who sit in a bar all day?

Advertisement