Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Protest March 27/11/2010

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

There's me planned day of Chrimbo shopping f*cked!

I might pop along to this donning a "Rabble rabble rabble" placard. Also shouting "rabble" to have the full effect of the 'rabble-ness'.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 949 ✭✭✭maxxie

steddyeddy wrote: »
    who here thinks it will be a mostly peaceful protest?

The majority of people I know going are just ordinary working class people who have had enough! They are not thugs though so their aim is not to cause trouble!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

interesting. i dissagree with the idea of bangign pots and whistles while the union leaders speak. I dont agree with a lot of what they do but creating divisions in the crowd is counter-productive.

Ive seen before when unpopular people have spoken at rallies. those that dont agree just stay quiet, heckling only raises tensions and tansions may be high enough

That's true, I was using the link to show mgmt that people in the march know about Begg's involvment with the banks

• Registered Users Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

maxxie wrote: »
    The majority of people I know going are just ordinary working class people who have had enough! They are not thugs though so their aim is not to cause trouble!

I dont think violent people are all thugs, many violent people are people who have exhausted the option of talking.

chin_grin wrote: »

I might pop along to this donning a "Rabble rabble rabble" placard. Also shouting "rabble" to have the full effect of the 'rabble-ness'.

The march is up the quays to the GPO, so main shopping thoroughfares (Henry St, Grafton St) should be unaffected mostly

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,080 ✭✭✭Gunsfortoys

I really wish the trade unions would **** off and let people protest in peace. They are nearly as bad as the government, the worst bunch of self-interested ****.

chin_grin wrote: »

Its well for you mate, many families wont have a christmas this year!

So keep that in mind when your tucking into your christmas dinner!

by the way im not advocating violence but I see it happening and I dont think theyll all be thugs some of them will but some will be people who have lost their prospects to this government

• Registered Users Posts: 5,779 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

Is this not organised by the ICTU? Why are unions protesting in the first place, they should pipe down and hope the IMF hasn't noticed the Croke Party Agreement surely? As has been said, this is a union march and anyone who thinks it's just about 'standing up' is an unwitting pawn. Have no interest marching and suspect it will be overtaken by lunatics in Eirgi and turn violent

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭problemchimp

I really wish the trade unions would **** off and let people protest in peace. They are nearly as bad as the government, the worst bunch of self-interested ****.
    Will you protest?

• Advertisement

Its well for you mate, many families wont have a christmas this year!

So keep that in mind when your tucking into your christmas dinner!

to true man many people dont realize that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭mgmt

So the only form of protest you believe in is when a general election comes around? I have no love for David Begg or Seanie Fitz, but I do have a love for my kids and their future is at stake. Therefore petty dislikes for individuals or groups make no difference to me.

David Begg could have prevented this disaster. Now, we have no freedom in our choices. This protest will be pointless and violent. I will not attend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,189 ✭✭✭drdeadlift

im going,not part of a trade union but that doesn't matter at this stage.
    First march i have ever been to.

Will you protest?

No, the union goons will be all over the place and I want no affiliation with them. I will protest by not voting FF come election time.

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭Tigerbaby

At this critical point in History, we , the people, can make and are making a difference. The voice of angry protest must be seen and heard. This is the way to get the message across to our Lords and Masters.

We are faced with a criminal axis of evil in the Government, The banking system and the Developers. The developers have already robbed us through NAMA. The banking system is now trying to foist its debt upon the citizens of this Country. and the Government is using its dwindling days in power to oversee this robbery.

Please, PLEASE get out and protest, regardless of whether you like or dislike SIPTU. If you sit back and let the Robbery happen, then it will happen. Our Children and their descendents will be foisted with hundreds of billions of debt.

Now is a focal point for ourselves as not mere people or consumers, but CITIZENS of a once-proud Republic. Lets re-establish some pride on Saturday. Stop this theft before it goes ahead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭Morlar

what are you on about. imagine this. hypothetical that.

get real and stop trying to derail the thread with nonsense

To clarify - I am not derailing anything and just because something may be beyond your understanding does not make it nonsense.

Is this not organised by the ICTU? Why are unions protesting in the first place, they should pipe down and hope the IMF hasn't noticed the Croke Party Agreement surely? As has been said, this is a union march and anyone who thinks it's just about 'standing up' is an unwitting pawn. Have no interest marching and suspect it will be overtaken by lunatics in Eirgi and turn violent
    So what's your plan ?

Could not agree more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,897 ✭✭✭MagicSean

Crosáidí wrote: »
    Which of ye Boardsies will be marching on Saturday 27/11/2010 11am at Wood Quay, with the Unions, Jim Corr and other groups and individuals . You don't have to agree with either of their opinions but it is a protest for the people of Ireland from every background to join together in showing the fustration and anger to this incompetent, unmandated and unsupported government.
    I feel we have to make a stand in numbers to show that we won't stand for corruption cronyism and won't be walked over anymore.

Ní neart go cur le chéile!

There's no strength without unity!

The unions standing against corruption and cronyism? Is this a joke? They want the same thing FF do. Power and money. Theyve proven that already.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,779 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

So what's your plan ?

Voting for Fine Gael in January. The protest means nothing and will probably make us look like even more of a basket case in the world's eyes when the world sees pics of more violent scenes on our streets. The unions don't speak for me, neither do Eirgi or Sinn Fein so I won't stand alongside them on Saturday. Your 'plan' is not a plan either, the protest is absolutely meaningless, especially since the bloody ICTU are behind it. Unions act only in their members interests, not the country and you'll be a pawn in their action this weekend, nothing more

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Morlar wrote: »
    Could not agree more.

Ah fcuck off..you'd give an aspirin a headache.

If you dont agree then stay at home,you wont be missed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

Seaneh wrote: »
    The amount of apathy here is insane, you all piss and moan about the state of the country, the people in charge and what they are doing to us, what they are forcing on us and how it's not fair but rather than show your displeasure you belittle anyone who is willing to actually go and publicly voice their unhappiness.

Boards.ie, you never, ever change, do you?

A couple of points here;

1. Just because some people don't want to march with the unions does not make them apathetic

2. Not everyone uses Boards as a soundboard to piss & moan about the country.

3. Nobody who has stated they are not going to protest, has belittled those who said they are. Quite the opposite in fact.

k_mac wrote: »
    The unions standing against corruption and cronyism? Is this a joke? They want the same thing FF do. Power and money. Theyve proven that already.

The unions can march for what they want, i'm not marching under a union banner

k_mac wrote: »

i know and agree but I dont think the unions will be the loudest voices there

Degsy wrote: »
    Ah fcuck off..you'd give an aspirin a headache.

If you dont agree then stay at home,you wont be missed.

No I wont fcuck off. I am as entitled to have a view point and express it as you are whether it meets your approval or not.

mgmt wrote: »
    David Begg could have prevented this disaster. Now, we have no freedom in our choices. This protest will be pointless and violent. I will not attend.
    So let me get this straight, you believe there is never any point in protesting
    as there is no point? Bend over baby!
    A lot of people could have stopped this disaster on all sides but they didn't because it didn't suit them for their own greedy reasons but we can't just accept any old **** that's thrown at us.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭wellsir

Voting for Fine Gael in January. The protest means nothing and will probably make us look like even more of a basket case in the world's eyes when the world sees pics of more violent scenes on our streets. The unions don't speak for me, neither do Eirgi or Sinn Fein so I won't stand alongside them on Saturday. Your 'plan' is not a plan either, the protest is absolutely meaningless, especially since the bloody ICTU are behind it. Unions act only in their members interests, not the country and you'll be a pawn in their action this weekend, nothing more

NO, wont be marching, the likes of Jack O'Connor earning over 160k pa and he rattling on about the poor, fookin hypocrite.
    Voting the same way, as whatever about Inda, we had a personality in Bertie Ahern and look where that got us.
    Oh, and I couldn't agree more with the above.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,897 ✭✭✭MagicSean

Isn't it a march organised by the cartel known as the TEEU. Will you be joining them in their civil disobedience?

Morlar wrote: »
    No I wont fcuck off. I am as entitled to have a view point and express it as you are whether it meets your approval or not.

Are you gona cry ?

I think hes gona cry !

• Advertisement

Good luck avoiding them. They manage to hijack any meaningful protest while your back is turned. They won't have effective banners, just the union logos etc. It is like free advertising.

Advertisement