Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Potential Stormy - Sun/Mon (Media hyped storm, never forecast by Met/Boards)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭dcr22B

Tree down on the main road between Skerries and Lusk.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭kenmc

Mister men wrote: »
    Pah nothing doing here in Dundrum. Anybody know what the coast areas are like?

Wouldn't send a dog out in Goatstown! Howling wind and lashing rain

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭Su Campu

tvbrat wrote: »
    I copied this, verbatum from the RTE website and posted it here
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056080737

They changed it a short time after I made the post

So all this actually came about from RTE's website, not Met Éireann's??? If someone in RTE makes an error, that error gets attributed to ME? Amazing! :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭Mister men

gbee wrote: »
    From following the link provided by the original poster the time stamps were for Friday Morning, not evening as I said.

Therefore, most media outlets deliberately took the incorrect bulletin it would seem.
    Media in over reaction to nothing story shocker.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 298 ✭✭mac80

976 Hpa is latest report given to an Aer Arann flight on approach to Dublin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭eskimocat

what the heh!!!! first i was looking at a huge picture of the Lord holding a ciggy and a can and now its changed to a small pic with a lamb!!!! took something for bad back earlier but hot dang it must be strong!!!!!!:p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Rougies

dcr22B wrote: »
    Tree down on the main road between Skerries and Lusk.

That'll be the picture on the front page of the Herald tommorow with "Hurricane Thomas Reeks Havoc" or something. 99% guaranteed :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 27 twinkleT

thanks incar90 and mac 80. those photos have made me feel very uneasy!! its worst i've ever heard it here!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,421 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Not too bad on the Kilmacud Road,windy but nothing mad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭snow ghost

Su Campu wrote: »
    So all this actually came about from RTE's website, not Met Éireann's??? If someone in RTE makes an error, that error gets attributed to ME? Amazing! :rolleyes:

Yeah it seems to be RTE's mistake - if Met Eireann had put out that this was hurricane tomas then serious questions would really need to be asked about how much whiskey they had been drinking whilst working.

• Advertisement

Rougies wrote: »
    That'll be the picture on the front page of the Herald tommorow with "Hurricane Thomas Reeks Havoc" or something. 99% guaranteed :rolleyes:
    Any big trees beside Biffo's house that could fall onto it? Here's hoping.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 613 ✭✭✭4Sheets

Clondalkin,west dublin..its being breezy and some moderate rain on/off at times....is there really such a local variation across Dublin or is it peoples perception of 'wild' and 'very stormy' and 'very very wild' thats inconsistent ..unless there is local thunderstorm activity in particular areas?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 298 ✭✭mac80

Dublin airport is wind 25knt Gusting 35Knts http://www.liveatc.net/search/?icao=eidw

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭mayflyatr

The wind is prity much straight down runway so it should not cause any problems. It will be bumpy approach none the less.

twinkleT wrote: »
    hubby on flight back from london now, hope he has had couple drink before he got on!! due to land around 11pm anyone know what its like at dublin airport now?

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭premier10

Constant light rain now in tipp. Wind seems to be gone, was'nt very stormy more like a wintry/breezy night for the past three hours.

Seems to have moved more eastwords from the posts on here. Hope there is not worse to come anyway.

Here comes the rain!!!!

nope sorry it's gone again!!! must a been a gust with a few raindrop passengers... working from pure ear talent here! ...curtain closed lol

twinkleT wrote: »
    hubby on flight back from london now, hope he has had couple drink before he got on!! due to land around 11pm anyone know what its like at dublin airport now?
    rosepetal.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Rougies

4Sheets wrote: »
    Clondalkin,west dublin..its being breezy and some moderate rain on/off at times....is there really such a local variation across Dublin or is it peoples perception of 'wild' and 'very stormy' and 'very very wild' thats inconsistent ..unless there is local thunderstorm activity in particular areas?

Yeah was thinking the same. I'm fairly reserved with my observations, but I'd say it's "pretty wild" here in the Knocklyon area. Not high winds as such, but very gusty with things getting thrown about the back garden.

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭skipz

claire2010 wrote: »
    Wexford is terrible now really wish I wasnt here!! :(

Yeah not really a fan of Wexford myself. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

eskimocat wrote: »
    Here comes the rain!!!!

nope sorry it's gone again!!! must a been a gust with a few raindrop passengers... working from pure ear talent here! ...curtain closed lol

Its makes it more fun that way! ha :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭claire2010

skipz wrote: »
    Yeah not really a fan of Wexford myself. :)

ok sorry the weather is terrible! :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

20.32mm of rain since 6pm and still lashing down here. Gusts of 40km/h with pressure down to 974.6mb, temp rising to 9.9c. In fairness this is the worst storm we have had in a while down here.

Live Stats: www.waterfordcityweather.com
    http://www.wunderground.com/weatherstation/WXDailyHistory.asp?ID=IWATERFO4

• Registered Users Posts: 39 driveshaft

Rougies wrote: »
    Yeah was thinking the same. I'm fairly reserved with my observations, but I'd say it's "pretty wild" here in the Knocklyon area. Not high winds as such, but very gusty with things getting thrown about the back garden.

Was also thinking that the reports are varied - very stormy here in Stillorgan - on relatively high ground here. Probably getting a direct hit in off the sea.

are there any Donegal posters on? my mums satellite TV gone out. she lives coastal, says lots of rain but remains unimpressed with wind despite no tv cause she still has electric!!! It would take a storm like in the late 80's to raise any enthusiasm :D

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭Dow99

I opened the back door for the dog to do his business outside, he peered out, took one look and bolted under the kitchen table,,,, Very wise animals these K9's!!

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭random_banter

Occasional violent gusts here in Dalkey - house is in an exposed place. But nothing i've never felt before. (And what I mean by that, is that it hits the house and we get a little shake.) When Dublin gets it we really feel it here. But tbh this is fairly standard fare.

Winds has just picked up again here - getting some nice intermittent blasts now and again.

20.32mm of rain since 6pm and still lashing down here. Gusts of 40km/h with pressure down to 974.6mb, temp rising to 9.9c. In fairness this is the worst storm we have had in a while down here.

Live Stats: www.waterfordcityweather.com
    http://www.wunderground.com/weatherstation/WXDailyHistory.asp?ID=IWATERFO4

Is your anenometer in a sheltered area? Is it at the recommended 10m height? I ask because your speeds are very low. Waterford Airport (albeit near the coast) is reporting 30 gust 46 kts (ie. 55 gust 85 kph),a nd most other areas stations are similar.

If you could relocate it to the roof you would get more representative readings. ;)

Dow99 wrote: »
    I opened the back door for the dog to do his business outside, he peered out, took one look and bolted under the kitchen table,,,, Very wise animals these K9's!!

I wouldn't call ****ing under the table very wise! :eek:

Around here, he'd be safer worrying sheep.

• Advertisement

Dunmore East is reporting MEAN wind of 58 kts, gust 69.....that can't be right!!??

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement