Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Potential Stormy - Sun/Mon (Media hyped storm, never forecast by Met/Boards)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭sliabh beagh

53.1mm of rain here so far. temp of 3.2c and plenty of sleet mixed with the rain.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,542 ✭✭✭Tactical

If you lived on this side of the country pal, you might think the opposite. There is an Ireland outside of Dublin you know. ;)

I'll be in Dublin after midnight on Monday night so just for the heck will post a comparison with the weather experienced this evening here in the mid-west. :)

Couple of pretty heavy but short showers now. 982hPa. West Limerick. Wind is reasonable enough.

WolfeIRE wrote: »
    have had 30mm of rain since 4pm. It's still belting down. Rain has not made it's way to you yet. Winds were never going to effect Dublin badly until Monday am so you will see some weather.

As for 'boards weather forum hyping things up', you're pass for the Winter Rollercoaster has just been revoked.:p

Yipee, bring on the Winter Rollercoaster :D:D:D

436 users on the weather forum :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭Saganist

Heavy rain now in Nrth Dublin

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Not

Up till now I would have described the conditions in Dublin as fairly breezy with the occassional lazy gust. But it got wild a few minutes ago and the house got hit by a huge sharp blast, thought the ceiling was coming down :eek: That's the first time this evening I've heard anything indoors from the storm, but I can hear it howling out there now..

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭oterra

West Dublin, very blustery, cold and heavy rain last 2 hours.
    The wind is definitely picking up coming in from south east by the look of it!
    Could it worsen over next few hours in Dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 703 ✭✭✭obliviousgrudge

Been lashing around Letterkenny for the last couple of hours, fairly gusty too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,676 ✭✭✭Rougies

Tactical wrote: »

not often we get a hurricane to talk about instead of the usual "t'is a soft day Jimmy" ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

A mate is wrecking my head insisting this is Hurricane Tomas, anyone got a link that will show it isn't? I've tried logic and reason already.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭alo1587

Its gone totally calm the last 15 mins here in Mallow,eerily calm!!:eek:
    No rain and wind died down to nothing..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

10mm of rain here so far from 6:30pm, 25 - 35km/h winds, 3.9c, 978.8hPa and dropping.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,825 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Rougies wrote: »
    not often we get a hurricane to talk about instead of the usual "t'is a soft day Jimmy" ;)

Don't mention the hurricane! :D

Wild and very wet here.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭John mac

what hurricane?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Mayo Exile

Credit to: NERC Satellite Receiving Station, Dundee University, Scotland
    Link: http://www.sat.dundee.ac.uk/

5155397315_0990448b76_b.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,676 ✭✭✭Rougies

amacachi wrote: »
    A mate is wrecking my head insisting this is Hurricane Tomas, anyone got a link that will show it isn't? I've tried logic and reason already.

Don't bother, he's too far gone. The media has a strong hold of weak minds.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭snow ghost

oterra wrote: »
    West Dublin, very blustery, cold and heavy rain last 2 hours.
    The wind is definitely picking up coming in from south east by the look of it!
    Could it worsen over next few hours in Dublin?

Dublin may become the new Atlantis, best bet is to evacuate to more sheltered areas. :eek:

Liverpool may take you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭tvbrat

Dublin City
    Wind has picked up a fair bit, quite blustery
    Temp hovering between 5.4 / 5.7 Deg
    Pressure 980 hPa

edit
    Still raining moderately
    edit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Don't bother, he's too far gone. The media has a strong hold of weak minds.

It's a she and based on the course she's doing in college I thought she'd know by now not to believe everything that the media or breakingnews.ie says. :pac: She sent me a link to a story on that site two days ago saying it's Hurricane Tomas, there's even two stories underneath from more recently saying how Tomas is in Haiti! I also said that if a storm in Haiti was causing this then it'd be the end of the world as we know it. :pac:
    Looks like she got the message now though. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Mayo Exile

Try this:

atl_overview.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭cian1500ww

Blowing nicely here :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭snow ghost

It's a she and based on the course she's doing in college I thought she'd know by now not to believe everything that the media or breakingnews.ie says. :pac: She sent me a link to a story on that site two days ago saying it's Hurricane Tomas, there's even two stories underneath from more recently saying how Tomas is in Haiti! I also said that if a storm in Haiti was causing this then it'd be the end of the world as we know it. :pac:
    Looks like she got the message now though. :pac:

If she is good looking agree that it is hurricane thomas and offer to shelter her when it comes to unleash its wrath. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,989 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

http://www.wunderground.com/tropical/tracking/at201021_sat.html#a_topad

Now your mate can see hurricane tomas is knowhere near ireland, Or europe for that matter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

Well, to fill you in this happened. Met Éireann issued an incorrect media alert on Friday Evening. The media grabbed it, copied and filed it and they ALL went home.

Met Éireann soon posted the CORRECT information but no one got the update.

Tomas is 3,000 miles away, we may see some action from the system that was Tomas in a week or ten days.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Oliver1985

Tactical wrote: »
    :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭Su Campu

It's on nights like these that you find out where the leaks are in your garage roof! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭Vain

cian1500ww wrote: »
    Blowing nicely here :D

Thats what she said...

/gets coat:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,144 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

A good strong breeze here in Stepaside!

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭Aiel

A flat calm here in Galway City now,as someone said its almost eerie:).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Oliver1985

Was on the m1 near the airport about half hour ago and it was very windy!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement