Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Potential Stormy - Sun/Mon (Media hyped storm, never forecast by Met/Boards)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,676 ✭✭✭Rougies

not much to report here. just the odd guest at 30mph.

I wish my odd guests were travelling at that speed sometimes :p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭pauldry

Some rain data for Sligo Nov 2010

56mm of rain since November started

19mm today so far in 7 hours

6mm in the last hr alone.

Over 250mm of rain in November 2009. What odds we reach that in 2010.

Wind Data

Max Gust 49 knots and sustained speeds were 25 to 30mph but calmer now as worst of gales over for now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 ONE DIP

Calmed down a bit in north co dublin and now beginning to pick up again big time:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭je55ie

gbee wrote: »
    No, the centre of the trough is probably gliding over your area, as it should most of the island, as it passes away again in a few hours more wind will and rain should resume.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 16,699 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

eskimocat wrote: »
    its less than 20 hours since i last looked at this thread and in that time there are an additional 40 pages!!!! wow :eek: nice one. anyone got cliff notes???

post of the day was by maquiladora, when he observed that the real power of hurricane thomas was it brought 402 people to the weather forum:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27 twinkleT

hubby on flight back from london now, hope he has had couple drink before he got on!! due to land around 11pm anyone know what its like at dublin airport now?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

all calm here too > east clare

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

Unless there is more to come, that was much ado about nothing. I can report we're very much intact here in West Conamara, the power didn't so much as blink even. Can't even hear any wind at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,862 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

Just got back from walking the dogs. Calm clear & quite warm.

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭lucy2010

Iancar29 wrote: »
    Im gettin just a breeze up here in North Dublin, its quite a boring nite, wish i was up in the mountains ha :)

Not quite the mountains - Bray border lol - horrendous here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

twinkleT wrote: »
    hubby on flight back from london now, hope he has had couple drink before he got on!! due to land around 11pm anyone know what its like at dublin airport now?

Im live near the airport, its not too bad here, wouldnt say the delay would be that long. Unless the wind picks up more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭claire2010

Wexford is terrible now really wish I wasnt here!! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭Chicken Run

East Clare now calm and dry, temp up to 8c from 6 earlier. Barometer at 28.6 ins from 29.6 ins at noon, sorry I can't convert as internet gone down and am posting on my rather archaic phone...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 298 ✭✭mac80

The airport had a few showers and the odd gust nothing too bad, flights are coming in from the north and landing into the wind

Here is a 15min delayed map of the flights into Dublin, you should be able to track his flight if you know the number http://ei7dar.com/aircraft.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

Jesus:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,431 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

claire2010 wrote: »
    Wexford is terrible now really wish I wasnt here!! :(

Could be said most days, no matter what the weather is doing. Counties beginning with "W" should be swapped for some Cheesecake.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭tvbrat

Dublin City
    Very stormy now
    Gale force winds, lashing down

Pressure holding at 980 hPa
    Temp holding at 5.7 Deg

Some small branches down along SCR/ Harrington street

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭Mister men

Pah nothing doing here in Dundrum. Anybody know what the coast areas are like?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

Temp on the way up here up from 5c to 7c over the last 2 hours. Pressure 973.3 mb falling more slowly.

MUSEIST wrote: »

care to share?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,838 ✭✭✭midlandsmissus

calm here now in midlands

• Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

On the fact that there is a tornado watch out for us,

Does anyone know anything about bow echos.... are they always anticlockwise behind a front?

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭tu2j2

Heavy-ish rain now in Wexford for the last good while. A few good gusts of wind but nothing serious.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Going to be a shakey landing... he'll see those couple of drinks again I think!

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭lucy2010

Mister men wrote: »

Dire !

• Registered Users Posts: 12,431 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

MUSEIST wrote: »
    Rougies wrote: »
    care to share?

jesus-christ.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭2qk4u

Very stormy in Navan..

Tell him to avoid Nurofen on flights...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

Su Campu wrote: »
    Friday morning the media were already mentioning the "H" word, not Friday evening.

From following the link provided by the original poster the time stamps were for Friday Morning, not evening as I said.

Therefore, most media outlets deliberately took the incorrect bulletin it would seem.

• Advertisement

Mister men wrote: »

It's pretty wild here about 5km from Dundrum.

Seems to be conflicting reports from around the Dublin area. Maybe funnel effect in some areas or Dublin mountains sheilding in others? Or maybe just perception.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement