Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[COMPETITION] Win tickets and dinner for Brian Eno's spectacular APOLLO in November

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 lazy1

I would bring my wife along but she might be worried about a lack of atmosphere!

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Finmix

Would love to go to this and bring my girlfriend :rolleyes:

Would love to go! would bring my boyfriend who just went back to college to study physics! we're spaceaholics and this would soften the blow of not winning guinness' space trip competition they ran last year! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,086 ✭✭✭Bambaata

Id have to bring the girlfriend or i dont think she'd be impressed!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 ninax

would love to go with my boyfriend..it would be a surprise for him:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,924 ✭✭✭✭RolandIRL

i would bring my best friend but unfortunately he's offworld atm (typical :rolleyes:) so i'd bring my brother instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Nellie Spit

I'd bring my Dad who was a pilot and who would have loved to have traveled into space.

As I'm always dreaming about flying myself I'd really enjoy it too. Here's a photo I made of me flying :eek:

wrecked.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

• Registered Users Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭blahblah06

I'd bring my partner as we both really need something to look forward to

• Registered Users Posts: 20 DAS***

This would be great. My Mum would love this experience.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 jeffs/xerosun

I would bring my wife Janice to see this amazing gig. It has been a horrible year in our family and we could do with some time away from it all, even if it is to space for a few hours :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭fattestman

I'd bring my best friend Aoife, who I miss so, so much since we both left Limerick - she for Dublin and me for Cork.

We'd both love this sort of thing, we really would.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭spoonface

I'd bring the lovely Louise.

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭pauliewallie

I would bring my girlfriend and show her how much Space rocks!!

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭saffron22

I'd love to go to this. I'd have to bring my Better Half of Course.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭azwethinkweiz

I'm a bit nerdy/geeky about this stuff! I'd love to go!!

Recently got broken up with :( so no boyfriend to bring along... so would perhaps would bring my awesome sister instead who's been really lovely & supportive recently! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭KazDub

I would have to bring my dad. Ever since I was a small girl he told me about the stars, constellations, space, the planets and space expoloration. To me, the most amazing things I could think of, as a child, were all related to space. My earliest interests and heros all related to space. When other kids were reading their Famous Five books, I was reading all about 'The Right Stuff'. My favourite movie ever is 2010, a space Odyssey. My favourite authors are Clarke, Asimov, Sagan..etc. I owe all of this to my Dad who passed on his love of all things space (and science fiction!) related to me.
    This would be an amazing way of somehow thanking him for bringing something so awe inspiring into my life. I hope I can pass on both our love of space exploration on to my kids now.
    If you wanted to make sure that these tickets went to two people who genuinely appreciated them, then these are for us! (hopefully!!)

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Sack

I'd love to bring my better half because we're both spacers

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭Jelly2

I'd bring my other half...we like to lie on the back of the pickup wrapped in sleeping bags to gaze at stars! Gazing at space indoors would be an exciting novelty...

• Registered Users Posts: 44 d_dools

the girlfriend i suppose :)

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭tubos

Her Indoors!
    We haven't been out for a meal together since the kids were born, over 3 years now, we need it, really need it :eek: ! Do we win a babysitter as well?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭User Friendly

I would love to go with my Wife,We are based in clare but would glady make the trip and make a night of it by staying over, thanks for the chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭fiacc

I would bring my new wife, only just married two weeks and she's the moon, stars and I'd go as far as to say an entire solar system to me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Working Class Hero

I'd bring my best friend and she'd probably hate it but i've been dragging her to geeky things for years! Shes due one!:p

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Aysedasi

I'd bring my girlfriend... dinner for two and an concert in the national concert hall sounds like a great night!

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭boffin54321

For an out of this world experience, I have to bring my wife along for the ride of our lives!!

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭snuggles09

Hi all - Id bring President Bush and tell him that we were watching deep sea diving on the tv screen. lol

bush-fail.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,762 ✭✭✭Sheeps

i would bring ur wife to this if i won

• Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭sparrowcar

I'd bring my girlfriend. Should I watch this "space" to see if I win? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭here.from.day.1

I would bring my better half, a night of gazing at the stars, listening to beautiful music would do us a world of good. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭28064212

I'd bring my *potential* girlfriend, because who could resist in those circumstances?

Boardsie Enhancement Suite - a browser extension to make using Boards on desktop a better experience (includes full-width display, keyboard shortcuts, dark mode, and more). Now available through your browser's extension store.

Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/boardsie-enhancement-suite/

Chrome/Edge/Opera: https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/boardsie-enhancement-suit/bbgnmnfagihoohjkofdnofcfmkpdmmce

Advertisement