Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[COMPETITION] Win tickets and dinner for Brian Eno's spectacular APOLLO in November

Options
1234568»

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,587 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

I'd bring Aidan Walsh. (not the boardsie!) he's the self proclaimed Master of the Universe! Hes bound to know about space and stuff!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Fidelis

I'd bring whichever friend proved that they deserved to go!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

would have to bring the girlfriend .... or she'd hunt me down and cut me into itty bitty pieces.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭christeb

I'd bring the special lady in my life......my Mother :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12 rainny

I would bring my lovely husband as this would give him something new to talk about ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

i only seen this now, this looks amazing. id love to go, id bring my better half.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 DubMam

Has anyone won this prize? I have been checking this thread all day yesterday and today, please put me out of my misery :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭Darragh

Hey there all, wow, what a great reaction to the competition.

The NCH said, and I quote
    I could have picked about 8 that I liked but am going to go with #63 & #197.

So congratulations jimi_t2 and Kazdub for your posts below. I'll get in touch by PM to arrange your prize.

Thanks everyone for entering and to the National Concert Hall for arranging. Tickets are still available on the NCH.ie website.
    jimi_t2 wrote: »
    I'd bring a girl I've been after for pretty much my entire college life who's a big science nerd and astronomy buff. Nearly asked her out after four years of awkwardness until, with the tension of the moment, we got in a big fight over Pluto's status as a planet...

I kid you not. Of all the times I've blown it with women, this one definitely took the biscuit in terms of ridiculousness. I'm not even that big a fan of astronomy but I looked up some stuff just to be able to talk to her about things she'd be interested in. And it backfired. Like a bauld thing.

Can't ask her out now as it's so bloody awkward, but a ''Oh look, I've just won tickets for a show + dinner and no one else will go'' approach might just get me a smooch under the massive chandelier in the main foyer of the NCH...

If not, hell I couldn't be a bigger fan of ENO if I tried (spend most of my time on adverts.ie buying and selling vintage synths, and most of my time on boards on the electronic music/music production forum) and at least I'll get dinner out of it.

Pick me! Please! :D
    KazDub wrote: »
    I would have to bring my dad. Ever since I was a small girl he told me about the stars, constellations, space, the planets and space expoloration. To me, the most amazing things I could think of, as a child, were all related to space. My earliest interests and heros all related to space. When other kids were reading their Famous Five books, I was reading all about 'The Right Stuff'. My favourite movie ever is 2010, a space Odyssey. My favourite authors are Clarke, Asimov, Sagan..etc. I owe all of this to my Dad who passed on his love of all things space (and science fiction!) related to me.

This would be an amazing way of somehow thanking him for bringing something so awe inspiring into my life. I hope I can pass on both our love of space exploration on to my kids now.

If you wanted to make sure that these tickets went to two people who genuinely appreciated them, then these are for us! (hopefully!!)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭Toast

There better be a follow up thread from jimi_t2. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭battries not included

If this is still available I would love to go,

please put my name into the hat! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭KazDub

I only just checked today to see who the lucky winner was. Wow!! Thanks for running the competition Darragh. I can't wait!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭jimi_t2

Absolutely incredible meal and hands down the best concert I've been to in the NCH - thanks so much to boards and the National Concert Hall for facilitating such a generous prize; the lady who arranged the collection of the tickets even booked the restaurant for us and we had two of the best seats in the house, dead center in the stalls.

....really was a very memorable night :D

Advertisement