Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[COMPETITION] Win tickets and dinner for Brian Eno's spectacular APOLLO in November

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭PeterTwo

I would bring Brian Ferry, he needs to at last acknowledge Eno's genius!

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

I'd bring my god-daughter. She's Absolutly nuts about space

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Godsentme

I would bring a wonderful lady friend of the last five years since my wife died.

She has thought me everything about the finer things in life such as Food, Travel, Music Appreciation and yes, a few other things as well.

God bless her. I would have sunk without trace without her.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,118 ✭✭✭shrapnel222

i'd bring my wife, she really IS from another planet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭fransdev

I will take my girlfriend, always told her to take her to the moon, this is as close we will ever get...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭blaze1

would love to go to this, I'd bring my missus as shes a space cadet:D

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭driverite

I'd bring the mother in law as she is not of this planet....

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭Shelli2

I'd bring my wonderful Mother, to say thank you for all the amazing support and help she's given me since my son as born, and for giving up her own time to mind him so I could return to work. She's one in a million.!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,406 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

I would bring my old buddy, Mike, he's forever telling me about this magical journey in a ship to orbit the moon - he's forever telling tales is Mike :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭BoB_BoT

The girlfriend of course :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

I'd like this and I'd bring 'er indoors

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 rascalini

I'd bring my dad, he watched the landing on the moon back in the day...Im emmigrating in January so would be a nice thing to do with him before I go...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Ellagkelly

I'd bring my little brother Paul, he's loved space since he was a kid and now he's studying astrophysics in college, I think he deserves it!

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭jaybee747

I'd love to get these tickets,i'd bring my better half. She's never been to a gig before and this would be a great first time gig to go to.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Dublinstiofán

I'd bring Michael Collins. Poor guy never got a look in, It was all about Buzz and Armstrong!

131793.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭jj72

Would love the prize...Wud have no choice but to bring the girlfriend me thinks!! :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,775 ✭✭✭Fittle

I'd bring my son...and he'd bring his Buzz Lightyear:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Galadriel

If I won the tickets I would bring Dr. Strangelove.

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭odonnellcarey

I'd have to bring Jim Corr so he could explain how all those NASA images were faked by the Illuminati propoganda unit.

illuminati.jpg&t=1

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Orlaithg

I would end the Deep Blue Day by going to The Secret Place where Signals Drift along Under Stars above the crowded room. To watch the expanse of black and dust and fail to count the infinite Stars is to realise the insignificance, the precariousness of humanity as Roberto Matta Echaurren did evoke with his abstract canvas work. Knowing this makes me feel Weightless. We would mark An Ending to such a glorious night with the rallying of applause, and the raising of the lights would emulate the dawn of a Silver Morning. The encircling light would hide the depth of space above and beyond our scope of vision, but the knowledge would remain and be Always Returning, reminding us that even on the brightest morning or dullest afternoon we are Under Stars 2.

(I hope you see what I did there...)

As for who I'd bring, I'd bring my boyfriend as he has a DX7 and would wet himself to see it live in action!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nunu

Cool competition.

I would take my Mammy with me:o
    I rarely(never!) treat her and I'd say she'd love this.

...hope my GF doesn't read this! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 maggieoc

Id bring my boyfriend,his birthday is the 3rd November and im totally smashed!!:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Kerb Side

Darragh wrote: »
    moon%20landing%202%282%29.jpg

Hey all, a competition for you for one of the most interesting gigs of the year. You can win two tickets and a three course dinner beforehand.

We have two pairs of tickets to give away in this competition. You could win two, along with dinner at the Terrace Café for you and your guest before the concert.

To be in with a chance of winning a pair just post a comment below and tell us who you'd bring to the concert.

We'll pick the winners on October 28th. No cash alternative and judge's decision is final. Thanks to the National Concert Hall.

I will bring my wife if I win. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭WalterMitty

My friend Mr Quiet. People say he isnt really there but what do they know.

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭cavemeister

I would bring Neil Armstrong..... Show him what the moon really looks like!!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,392 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

ah, would bring herself. sure who else :)

• Registered Users Posts: 982 ✭✭✭CiaranK

Would bring the Da. Aswell as myself he loves anything that Brian Eno does, and we're both space nuts! Perfect combination!!

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭spoonface

I would bring my lovely fiancee, who would really appreciate it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

michael jackson

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭Pauleta

I would bring Michael Winner

Advertisement