Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[COMPETITION] Win tickets and dinner for Brian Eno's spectacular APOLLO in November

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭matrixroyal

I would bring Brian Cowan and point out the earth to him as he seems to be already so far away from the real world that he might not recognise it.

Or failing that , my wife ( just a bit closer to planet earth ).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭jimi_t2

I'd bring a girl I've been after for pretty much my entire college life who's a big science nerd and astronomy buff. Nearly asked her out after four years of awkwardness until, with the tension of the moment, we got in a big fight over Pluto's status as a planet...

I kid you not. Of all the times I've blown it with women, this one definitely took the biscuit in terms of ridiculousness. I'm not even that big a fan of astronomy but I looked up some stuff just to be able to talk to her about things she'd be interested in. And it backfired. Like a bauld thing.

Can't ask her out now as it's so bloody awkward, but a ''Oh look, I've just won tickets for a show + dinner and no one else will go'' approach might just get me a smooch under the massive chandelier in the main foyer of the NCH...

If not, hell I couldn't be a bigger fan of ENO if I tried (spend most of my time on adverts.ie buying and selling vintage synths, and most of my time on boards on the electronic music/music production forum) and at least I'll get dinner out of it.

Pick me! Please! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 35 chrissymc

I,d take my mate Ford Prefect cos 10/10/10 passed and we never found the answer to life the universe and everything----what a crock!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭Mini Driver

Wow that looks amazing I would bring one of my old work colleagues who used to take the p*ss out of me for being into astronomy and convert her to my nerdly ways!! :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 whelanmark70

It would be the occassion of the year, my year anyhow. You've heard of the saying Expand Your Mind'... well it couldn't come better than this. and to top it all off, live music penned by Mr. Glass, a very rare occassion indeed. I'm going regardless, but would still love to win all expenses paid :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭mirwillbeback

I'd bring Sean Fitzpatrick and use it as a presentation to persuade him to lend me some money to develop some property there. I would imagine it's more valuable than many estates down here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Kstyling

I would definately bring my best friend who spends so much time on astrology that he is helping google create streetview for the galaxy!! :D:p

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭sarah88

my dad would love this so much, i would have to give him the other ticket! he is a total astronomy geek!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

I'd bring one of my very close friends who is helping me through some difficult recently!

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭spadesaspade

I would bring larry, the guy who lives under my stairs. No one else can see him for some reason, not sure why, but he is always on about taking me on a mission to outer space so i think this would be an introduction to where i am going to go!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭corazon

I'd bring my sister, I owe her....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

My companion of choice would be Mrs. Presentable.....

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭Lucifer-0

My dad.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Mrs. D'arcy

I'd bring my boyfriend...he'd love it, me not so much but I'd get brownie points :0

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭Mad Benny

I would bring my tin foil hat and magic x-ray sun glasses.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

I'd love to go. I'd bring my mother because she drove all the way up to Belfast today to give me my passport, which I stupidly left at home. She does far too much for me and she deserves a little treat!

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭milkycoffey

I'd bring the fanciest man I know, my fancy man.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭discobeaker

I would let boards decide who i should bring. Kinda like a blind date thing,it has to be a woman though, and if we hit it off and have babies then boards.ie can sell said children on adverts.ie and then treat themselves to something nice! So in a way... everyone wins!

Alison O'Riordan.

I don't actually have to bring her though, do I?

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭tracert

I'd bring my friend and compatriot Mr. Explorer. We love trips to the stars.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

I'd Love to go, id bring my girlfriend

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭seany76

for this out of the world prize which id be over the moon to win i d have to bring laura my venus my star who lights up my life - a night out would fill the empty space in our lives it would rock our world - earth but me thinks some people might think im from another planet with this entry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 joboots

i would love to go, I would bring my husband with me, he would enjoy it more then me, we were married a year in Aug, we could not afford to do anything, this would be a great night out for us two

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

I would bring my boyfriend, as he loves experimental/ ambient music, Eno, the Concert Hall and he'll love me even more if I win this :)

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭rurz23

i'd bring my fiancée...we're getting married on jan 1st and have been so busy saving that we haven't been out in ages...and since i planned to proposed under the stars, but it didn't happen..would be a nice thing to do before we get married!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭jordata

Would love to go to this and i'd be an opportunity to get in touch with a old friend from college whos dad was somehow involved with the Apollo Mission 1 when 3 people died in Jan '67. Can't remember the details but I'm sure he'll remind me.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

I'd love to go to this, i'd bring my little lady. God love her i put her through an awful lot of ****e :o

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭simo28

this is one to bore the girlfriend with. wud get her back up for terrible film choices

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,181 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

I would bring my friend who has a terrible year (insert X Factor sob story)..So please give them to me!;)

Advertisement