Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[COMPETITION] Win tickets and dinner for Brian Eno's spectacular APOLLO in November

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 327 ✭✭St._Andalou

I'd bring my sister. I think she's actually adopted from some alien race, so it would be nice for her to see her homeland in a cultural setting. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭snuggles09

I'd have to bring himself with me...he entered the Guinness competition a load of times, convinced he was going to win a flight to space and about 4 years ago he set up a website called "sendmetoouterspace" and was on the local radio trying to get everyone to give him a euro so that he could fund a trip to Nasa:eek:

This would be right up his street..I'd love to go as well just for the food:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭Postit

If I were lucky enough to win I'd bring Brian Eno. I'd say he'd be into that kind of thing!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Can I enter on behalf of my parents and send them instead? :)

My dad loves any kind of orchestra and is always talking about how he's like to see one in the National Concert Hall. And both my parents are both interested in the moon landings and apollo story. I remember when we went to Florida a few years ago and visit the NASA centre they both loved looking at everything! The Science was fascinating for my mother and my dad is a complete history buff and then there's the fact that both my parents remember watching the space landings! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭dak

450 Million people listened to Neill Armstrongs quote on walking on the moon "That's one small step for [a] man; one giant leap for mankind" on the 20th July 1969.

That was music to the ears of many people but nothing like the ambience of a Brian Eno Production. I'd bring my wife who would jump over the moon ( but not as in Hey Diddle Diddle ) so we could have a bit of a Moon Dance and listen to Moon River .

I'd also bring a copy of Slim Whitmans song, Indian Love Call just in case the Martians attacked :) . Anyone who has seen "Mars attacks" will know what I mean !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭YeAh!

I'd bring my friend who just moved to Dublin, would be a nice treat for her!

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Bambi2

I'd bring my boyfriend, he loves all things spacey - he loves nothing more than to sit and read Bill Bryson's - A short history of Almost Everything.....very often. And I love the concert hall so we'd be happy out!!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

I'd bring my girlfriend because she is a space cadet.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,165 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1m1tless

I would bring my friend from chess club who invited me to some lectures and viewings at dunsink observatory.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 psydereyes

would bring my token nerd friend :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭PeteEd

I'd have to bring the OH, shes been nagging me to bring her to the NCH and this is the first gig I've seen that i'd have any interest in.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 cunninsu

Would love to treat my husband to this fab event. As a young boy he read physics and science books. Loves the outer atmosphere, galaxies, planets, astronomy you name it......He's a self identified TREKKIE!

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭gills2

It would have to be Patrick Moore - astronomer, composer and lover of a good after show curry - what more could a gal ask for?

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/showbiz/article-23380963-details/Why+Patrick+Moore+is+married+to+the+moon/article.do

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭foolelle

oh cool, i like this. id bring tin foil to wrap the other meal up for after the concert :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭kingofslaves

Damn ! gills2 beat me to it ! I asked for Patrick Moore's encyclopedia of astronomy for my birthday when I was 7 years old. I also used to sneak downstairs to watch the sky at night ! I still remember watching the moon landing even though I was only 3 ! But my second choice would be Brian May from Queen who is a qualified astrophysicist !

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brian_May

• Closed Accounts Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Carl Sagan

My girlfriend. I drag her along to so many things she thinks she won't like and usually ends up loving them.

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭p15574

My son - he/we'd be fascinated by it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭powerfade

My girlfriend, who I do adore but to be fair is a bit of a space cadet so much so in fact that lately I have started callling 'Sputnik', it is a term of endearment I keep telling her!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 lyncher17

I'd bring my dad,he'd love it!

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭ciaglen

I would bring my BF he would love this, its been so long since we've had a nice dinner and gig together :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,218 ✭✭✭bullpost

I'd bring my wife. She likes bald men.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Astrobotty

I would bring my dog!

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭lostdesign

I'd bring my mobile phone, he doesn't get out of my pocket much you know!! My girlfriend would have to come too though, just to hold my mobile so he could see the stage of course!

• Registered Users Posts: 35 DubMam

I would bring my fabulous man, who is an excellant stay at home dad to our 3 kids and really deserves a good night out that I can't afford to give him at the moment , please pick us :o

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

I'd bring my wife! She loves Brian Eno and Philip Glass.

And I'm a space nerd.

This = win!!

(and might just make up for the Romeo and Juliet ballet I had to sit through last night. The horror!! :P)

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭Dr. Dodger

I'd bring Yore Ma! :p

Failing that, my girlfriend would love this. Combines 2 of her favourite things. Astronomy & Classical music.

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭Reg_hurley

Would love to go and I'd bring my wife.

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭littleoulme

I'd love to bring my amazing husband to this, as he is just out of this world and means the sun, moon & stars to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

Without a doubt I'd bring Sir Richard Branson! He could learn a thing or two for his upcoming space travel program!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭narfsnonsense

Sounds great! Think I'd bring the da, although my boyfriend would probably want to go too.

Advertisement