Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gardai prepare plan for Queen's arrival

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,077 ✭✭✭Rebelheart

Looks like the Queen will be paying us a visit in 2011.

And what "Queen" would that be? The one and only "Queen" on the planet? Is this the same "Queen" that Dutch people speak of? That Norwegians speak of? That Spaniards speak of?

Let me guess: of all these foreign monarch you mean the British queen when you say "the Queen"? Are you Irish, or merely Oirish?

Unsurprisingly given this mentality your source is the most trashiest pro-British/anti-Irish rag in all of the Oirish media (including The Sun and The News of the World), the Sunday Independent. Horrendous shít altogether.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭bryaner

Rebelheart wrote: »
    And what "Queen" would that be? The one and only "Queen" on the planet? Is this the same "Queen" that Dutch people speak of? That Norwegians speak of? That Spaniards speak of?

Let me guess: of all these foreign monarch you mean the British queen when you say "the Queen"? Are you Irish, or merely Oirish?

Unsurprisingly given this mentality your source is the most trashiest pro-British/anti-Irish rag in all of the Oirish media (including The Sun and The News of the World), the Sunday Independent. Horrendous shít altogether.

Jaysus thats some tirade of dung..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,659 ✭✭✭Chaotic_Forces

When we say "the Queen" it's obvious who we mean, at least if you were from Ireland anyway...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

bryaner wrote: »

I suspect you've fallen in some, and your eyes are clouded. Perhaps?

You're entitled to an opinion, what's yours? Exactly and coherently like. Thanks.

gbee wrote: »
    I suspect you've fallen in some, and your eyes are clouded. Perhaps?

You're entitled to an opinion, what's yours? Exactly and coherently like. Thanks.

More muck!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭srfc19

Snakeblood wrote: »
    I don't mind if she comes over if she pays for it. It's a financial issue at this point.

Since when do people have to pay for their own holidays, thats just crazy talk!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭RMD

I'm not saying this from a nationalist point of view. But why are we paying for a visit we don't want, that we all know will cause trouble.

The unionist parade in 06 caused riots, Blair's book signing nearly ended in the same. This visit is just going to cause trouble, and it's absolutely ****ing ridiculous to think it wont.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 410 ✭✭JohnathanM

RMD wrote: »
    This visit is just going to cause trouble, and it's absolutely ****ing ridiculous to think it wont.

I'm a suspicious sort and I can't help wondering if that's half the point. We don't have her, trouble - they're living in the past. We do have her, trouble - bunch of animals. We have to have her, and just hope people keep themselves under enough control to just not bother showing up. That would certainly be the best thing. Polite, cordial and uneventful.

What I would like to know, given that paranoia, is who's idea it was.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,077 ✭✭✭Rebelheart

When I want your opinion I'll tell you it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭RMD

Not only am I from Ireland but I am Irish and "the Queen" would never occur in a real life conversation in my part of Ireland. Then again I'm not a cultureless Dublin knacker who is obsessed with the British garrison game or who'd be undereducated enough to buy any newspaper owned by Sir Anthony O Reilly with contributors such as Eoghan Harris, Ruth Dudley Edwards and Kevin Myers.

"The Queen" my arse. Plebs.

What part of Ireland are you from?

I'd put a lot of money on it if you went throughout Ireland and asked who the "Queen" is, you'd be told the Queen of Britain. It's not the Irish trying to imitate British culture, it's simply just who most would associate the word Queen with.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭PeterIanStaker

Wonder if the guards will have to restrain Mr Myers from frantically humping her leg like a chihuahua, or will he exercise restraint?

Not only am I from Ireland but I am Irish and "the Queen" would never occur in a real life conversation in my part of Ireland. Then again I'm not a cultureless Dublin knacker who is obsessed with the British garrison game or who'd be undereducated enough to buy any newspaper owned by Sir Anthony O Reilly with contributors such as Eoghan Harris, Ruth Dudley Edwards and Kevin Myers.

Normal Cork rebel county blah blah..................

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

You sing the national anthem when you **** dont you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

That woman is not THE Queen but merely "a queen", just like if I refer to "The president" I will be talking about OUR president and not say, Obama.

I wonder will the monarch in question will care to apologize for the barbaric acts carried out in her name by her armed forces on this island? Maybe she would like to strip those paras of the honors she gave them?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭Dostoevsky

MUSSOLINI wrote: »
    That woman is not THE Queen but merely "a queen", just like if I refer to "The president" I will be talking about OUR president and not say, Obama.

+ 1.

MUSSOLINI wrote: »
    I wonder will the monarch in question will care to apologize for the barbaric acts carried out in her name by her armed forces on this island? Maybe she would like to strip those paras of the honors she gave them?

AFAIK she doesn't have the authority to do those things. She's just a very, very expensive figurehead. They keep her around so they don't need to move to a presidential system and can keep things chugging along as they are. A useful idiot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭Jamiekelly

The Queen and Brian Cowen in the same room?
    Wheres Lee Harvey Oswald when ya need him?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭FarmerGreen

The best way to deal with it is with a snub.

When she goes out to 'meet the people' there aren't any.
    Not one.
    If you see it coming, turn your back and walk away.
    The worst insult you can give to people like that is ignoring them.

Jamiekelly wrote: »
    The Queen and Brian Cowen in the same room?
    Wheres Lee Harvey Oswald when ya need him?

Is her mum still alive? Now her and Cowen in a room together would be something... no naked flames.

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭_sparkie_

gbee wrote: »
    I've a son in the Defence Dept in the UK, refused to raise the Union Jack over thier own building in London, where he was a new employee [porter]. They gave him different duties.

if he has a problem with the union jack then why did he get a job that pretty much has the closest job description to 'union jack flag raiser'. also, way to make friends in the office as the new guy.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Bring on Mr.Bean.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

I would love if she brought an army with her and reinvaded because now is the perfect time, its clear we can't run the country ourselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭round tower huntsman

the quislings will be desperate to show that we've moved on as a nation, that relations between ireland and the british are normal etc..... it'll blow up in their face imo. she pinned medals on the bloody sunday paras ffs.
    she's a cxnt. she aint welcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Let her visit, but she has to be face fcuked by every man in the country.

I'm certain most Irishmen aren't into Beastiality.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Ah OP
    Gardai prepare plan for Queen's arrival

There are many Queens in Europe.
    Netherlands for example

Yeah, most will assume you mean United Kingdom and they would be correct.
    But realy, she is not "the Queen"

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

Lux23 wrote: »
    I would love if she brought an army with her and reinvaded because now is the perfect time, its clear we can't run the country ourselves.
    ha.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Can the thread title be changed so all those with pedantic chips on their shoulders will stop reminding us theres more than one queen? despite the fact that the majority of Irish people will associate the Queen of England with the title unless stated otherwise if it was said to them?

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭baztard

Not one.

I completely agree. But unfortunately there'd be enough unionist crazies from the north east, bewildered tourists, people who's knowledge of irish culture extends to the irish contestants in the x-factor and grannies who just wanna see what hat she is wearing, to form a decent sized crowd.

Plus the media will stir it up way out of proportion to sell their shock based news entertainment.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,110 ✭✭✭KevR

Not one.

I don't think a 'meet and greet' with the public will be part of the visit. She won't be having a parade through Dublin ffs! I think it's just going to be a visit to Áras an Uachtaráin; not a big deal in my opinion. It's 2010 (will be 2011 for the visit!) and I'll be at work that day not really caring that the figurehead of our biggest trading partner is visiting our own figurehead (Mary McAleese). I won't be wearing a Celtic jersey smashing up O'Connell Street that's for sure. I'm far too patriotic to vandalise the capital city of my own country.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭Ronin247

We should all be nice,remember the old joke

What do you get if you cross the Queen and Prince Phillip???

Murdered in a tunnel.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement