Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LC2011 (Design and communication graphics) - do NOT post images of exam material

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭Cathald04

Can the sketches from output 2 and 3 be roughly the same??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 garefield247

Cathald04 wrote: »

I'm no expert or anything so don't take my word as fact but I'm thinking that output 3 is like a full blown sketch, full page 3D drawing of your sat nav and mount, sketches in output 2 are more to show the different aspects/parts of the sat navs that you are talking about. Hope that helps :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 clo51

is it true that the deadline for the project has been put forward a month due to the weather?

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭MikeHough

clo51 wrote: »
    is it true that the deadline for the project has been put forward a month due to the weather?

really? whered u hear that?????????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭Mental_Legend

clo51 wrote: »
    On the Schedule of Examination Dates on examinations.ie, it lists Friday the 18th of February as the closing date instead of the 14th of January. I'll get in touch with my DCG teacher and see if he is aware of this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Sean-Tom

Our teacher told us about it yesterday. Its due to the weather and that a lot of schools closed. However since ours didn't close at all except today he wants us to have it done by Jan 14 so we can continue with drawing questions.:(

On the Schedule of Examination Dates on examinations.ie, it lists Friday the 18th of February as the closing date instead of the 14th of January. I'll get in touch with my DCG teacher and see if he is aware of this.

aaaaww daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaacent!!!!!!!!!!!
    DELIGHTED!

we'll prob have to have it done earlier aswell tho cos we hardly missed any school.
    still nice tho

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Kev Cah

Is Clare the only place in the country that hasnt had any snow???? all we got is frost!

That news is Brillant!!!! I still have a load of work to do

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭AD61

Hey, I have certain pages of the project with sketches and text on the page, like output 2 . But I'm using photoshop to make all the pages. Is it ok to scan in sketches so I can use photoshop? So say I want a sketch of the back of the sat nav on my page, I draw it on an A4 page and scan it in, then apply my borders and text etc.? So I have a finished jpg file to print in A3
    It just that my teacher tells me they want to "be able to feel the pencil"?

Print the page with borders and text first, then do the sketches after printing :) They want all of the sketches to be original.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭reelkidmusic

You are better off to try having the sketches different. For the comparison (output 2), you are required to focus on certain key parts of the object.

As garefield said, "output 3 is more like a full blown sketch"

• Advertisement

AD61 wrote: »
    Print the page with borders and text first, then do the sketches after printing :) They want all of the sketches to be original.

Wrong wrong wrong. The information given on this thread should not be taken too seriously. No the sketches don't have to be original for the outputs except 3 and 8.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭RHunce

Wrong wrong wrong. The information given on this thread should not be taken too seriously. No the sketches don't have to be original for the outputs except 3 and 8.

They have to be original in regards to the fact that you CANNOT draw it, scan it, then place the picture on the sheet in powerpoint or publisher (whatever youre using yourself) and then print off the sheet with the picture on it.

However, you can draw it on a regular sheet, cut it out and the proceed to stick it on to the printed sheet or alternatively you can draw it straight on to the printed sheet. IMO it is best to draw it on the printed sheet because it looks awful sticking sheets on but you can do it and you WILL NOT lose marks.

RHunce wrote: »
    They have to be original in regards to the fact that you CANNOT draw it, scan it, then place the picture on the sheet in powerpoint or publisher (whatever youre using yourself) and then print off the sheet with the picture on it.

However, you can draw it on a regular sheet, cut it out and the proceed to stick it on to the printed sheet or alternatively you can draw it straight on to the printed sheet. IMO it is best to draw it on the printed sheet because it looks awful sticking sheets on but you can do it and you WILL NOT lose marks.

U can scan em on for de one outside of 3 and 8

RHunce wrote: »

So are you telling me that all the exemplar of standard projects i have are wrong. Every single one of them do exactly what you have just said is wrong. Who do I believe , you or these a1 standard projects???

So are you telling me that all the exemplar of standard projects i have are wrong. Every single one of them do exactly what you have just said is wrong. Who do I believe , you or these a1 standard projects???

I was talking to the head lecturer of the teaching course of DCG in UL and he told me exactly this after clarifying with the Chief Examiner. Do what you like, at the end of the day anything drawn on the printed sheets will look a lot better than scanning them.

PICTURES OF SAMPLES IN THE 2009 TECHNO TEACHERS CONFERENCE

ALL ORIGINALLY SKETCHED

9thdle.jpg

73gzu8.jpg

25879tl.jpg

o77z39.jpg

PICTURES OF SAMPLES IN THE 2010 TECHNO TEACHERS CONFERENCE

2njebs9.jpg

axo7dt.jpg

1z3830j.jpg

14txkl.jpg

These are all originally sketched on the sheet and a selection of some of the best around the county. Don't risk losing marks for not having them originally sketched, do not scan them it looks tacky and you will lose marks for the over all presentation of the sheet even if you don't lose marks for having it scanned, it's not worth it really. It is your leaving cert!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭ride-the-spiral

The chief examiner's report for 2009 only says that scanned images will not suffice for outputs 3 and 8.

"Some candidates scanned all of their sketches and presented only printouts. It should be noted that original, non scanned, sketches should be presented for Outputs 3 and 8."

It doesn't say this for output 2 or 7 in the chief examiner's report or student handbook. Not everybody is as good at sketching as the above examples, and it could take a couple of tries before producing a satisfactory one, so the thought that all of the trial and error has to be done on the end result sheet is just horrendous.

we will see when the results come out

• Registered Users Posts: 7 squiglicious

Hi guys.Interesting discussion.You are asked by the chief examiner not to present scanned images in output 3 or 8. You are asked to present original sketches for the hardcopy of the report. The pictures presented above were PRINTED OUT from the pdf format of the assignment and are not the original hardcopy which contained original sketches. BUT In conclusion put in the origional sketches for 3 and 8 in the hardback copy and DO NOT SCAN them into powerpoint, print them and hand them up for the hardcopy requirement. Also for output three you MUST have a representation of the object. one sketch will not cut it. You will need to have a few sketches explaining the Physical features of the object. I tell my lads to put in one large sketch and at least 2 more sketches to accompany it......

Also i am doing up presentations for the board drawing element of the DCG syllabus. I would appreciate feed back from any of you, whether it be students, student teachers or current teachers. Best of luck with your exams

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iprwVj-dLHU

Also i am doing up presentations for the board drawing element of the DCG syllabus. I would appreciate feed back from any of you, whether it be students, student teachers or current teachers. Best of luck with your exams

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iprwVj-dLHU

Keep em coming!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭Lmao_Man

Does anyone have any idea if theres a way of opening up my SolidWorks files at home ? (Need to check something badly)

Would another CAD app work :/ ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭kpac

Lmao_Man wrote: »

Does anyone have any idea if theres a way of opening up my SolidWorks files at home ? (Need to check something badly)

Would another CAD app work :/ ?

eDrawings - can just open the SW files.
    http://www.edrawingsviewer.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 AbsolutelyCl

I have just realised i have been doing solidworks on a 2010 version, but the brief says 2009? what should I do?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Ian_K

I have just realised i have been doing solidworks on a 2010 version, but the brief says 2009? what should I do?

PANIC!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

kpac wrote: »
    eDrawings - can just open the SW files.
    http://www.edrawingsviewer.com/

Bad news, it needs to be done in SolidWorks 2009. You have a few weeks to fix it, nothing a good class or two can't fix.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭Berilium2

Does someone have a sample project that they could link me to or something like that?
    I'm still not sure what I'm supposed to be doing...

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Kev Cah

I've got a major problem. i did both freehand sketchs on the same page without realising it. But i have another sheet with just the chosen sat nav. Do i have to change it or is there anything else i can do?????
    Second link is pic of the problem

<images snipped>

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭AD61

Is SolidWorks 2010 being used in your school? If it has already been installed on the school computers I don't think there's anything you can do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Sharleen

Well i have to say i wouldn't be the best at Solid Works and had so many other subjects to focus on, but this is my Sat Nav, Very Simple mount but its a sat nav isn't it? :D Just adding the finishing touches to my concept today. Criticism welcome, whats done is done now :D

<images snipped>

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭NotExactly

Sharleen wrote: »
    <image snipped>

Did you to that photorealistic in Photo view 360 or in solidworks? My decal won't work in Photoview 360.

Advertisement