Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LC2011 (Design and communication graphics) - do NOT post images of exam material

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Ian_K

Jesus make sure all youre parts are there or your assemblies wont be worth a fcuk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 hairybacon

What do I do for output 7?

Will someone please help if not I'm fairly fcukd for this project.
    Needed to go in today but electricity went in the school so have to get it done tonight at all costs :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Sligo007

Ian_K wrote: »
    Jesus make sure all youre parts are there or your assemblies wont be worth a fcuk

Thanks! I would'a left them out, anything else important that has to in?
    Where do the word files go?

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭Lmao_Man

Has to be handed up tomorrow.

I've handed mine up last week...we were supposed to sign our name for it today but never did and don't have any mocks tomorrow.

Is it just your name ? Would the teacher sign my name if I amnt in :/ ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 john.mac

FINALLY FINISHED!!! its not right how much of a weight of your shoulders it is!! :):):):)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Paczini

Lmao_Man wrote: »
    Has to be handed up tomorrow.

I've handed mine up last week...we were supposed to sign our name for it today but never did and don't have any mocks tomorrow.

You have to sing it yourself to state that YOU did your project

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭AD61

Lmao_Man wrote: »

You don't have to be there in person. The teacher can fill it in if you are absent.

"Where a candidate has submitted practical coursework but is absent from school when the signature roll is being signed, the teacher should write in the space provided for the signature “Student Assignment Presented”."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭ride-the-spiral

Sealing that envelope was the most amazing feeling in my academic life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭surfergirl92

I have one more page of typing to do,then the cover and acknoledgements,photos for the pdf,we dont have an A3 scanner,then,bind,sign and goodluck.Most stressful expeience of my life,had mocks all week too,so I have 4 hours to have it done tomorrow,oh and the disk of course :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭enaeknala1

Lord god include all parts...VITAL!

Advice--Check ur CD on another computor to the one u made it on after jus to get dat peace of mind that it will def work

--Throw ur exam number all over the place, CD, file names, written on CD etc.

And god DO NOT throw away ur memory stick or click delete all..! Bak it up on ur teachers comp, your comp anywhere! And hide away ur memory stick n a safe place.! U dont wann hear in the middle of the summer dat u got 0% after all da work u put in just because something wouldnt open....!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 AoifeG93

What did everyone do?..Modification or concept??

And what did you do for these??:):)

• Registered Users Posts: 49 ShotgunBoy

Would it be a good idea for Output 2 - Compare and Contrast - to compare a normal Sat Nav (Garmin nüvi 265W) with a golf one (Garmin Approach G5)?

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭NotExactly

ShotgunBoy wrote: »
    Would it be a good idea for Output 2 - Compare and Contrast - to compare a normal Sat Nav (Garmin nüvi 265W) with a golf one (Garmin Approach G5)?

Make sure you have some contrasting factors.This is difficult because most Satnavs are just block like in shape and form.It's less than an hour to the day the project is due and you havent decided what Satnavs to compare!:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭shofukan

Finally finished... Now onto the History Project :rolleyes:

Output 4 - Sat Nav & Stand
    <snip>
    Output 4 - Stand
    <snip>

Output 7 - New Concept 'Dethnav'
    <snip>
    Output 7 - New Concept 'Dethnav' Stand
    <snip>

Haha don't talk to me about it! You don't know the half of it :P Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭ride-the-spiral

Metalocalypse sat nav?

You're a damn genius.

Metalocalypse sat nav?

You're a damn genius.

That one looks amazing..

Mine's a Rubik's Cube :P Very simple but it looks good enough! I'll post pictures over the weekend.

Output 7 - New Concept 'Dethnav' Stand
    <snip image of examination material>[/QUOTE]

How is this mounted?

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭MikeHough

Paczini wrote: »
    You have to sing it yourself to state that YOU did your project

and its............OVEEEEEEEEEERRR.
    pack it up lads.send it away and celebraaaate.

but at times lik this we shud rember those hu didnt get it finished.
    they are real losers here. ha

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO YEAAHHHHHHHHH I'M FINISHEDTo top it off it's Midterm :D:D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭RHunce

my babies! :D

<images removed>

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭beng128

All finished and now to attempt to show off:

<image of examination material removed>

Had anyone any decent concepts for the mount?? The brief seemed to be emphasising a "secure mounting device" as a key modification

Had anyone any decent concepts for the mount?? The brief seemed to be emphasising a "secure mounting device" as a key modification
    I based mine on shape of the clouds

beng128 wrote: »

<image removed>
    I've been wondering on what did you base that?

Paczini wrote: »
    I based mine on shape of the clouds

How is it attached to the car though, just sitting on the dashboard?
    Anyone come up with anything a bit different than that or suction cups on the windscreen??

<image snipped>][/QUOTE]
    I'd be afraid he'd ''snap'' my hand off if i went near that Satnav :D Would be intresting to see your output 7 and how you got to this idea?
    beng128 wrote: »

<image snipped>

What is the function of this? Whats your inspiration? Does it not just point out at you? :S

NotExactly wrote: »
    I'd be afraid he'd ''snap'' my hand off if i went near that Satnav :D Would be intresting to see your output 7 and how you got to this idea?

it was based on egypt and i had loads of different ideas around it, the spikes on the back are pyramids with solar panels etc which you cant see in the pic, but i'll upload the pdf soon if you want to have a gawk! croco is my pride and joy :rolleyes:

How is it attached to the car though, just sitting on the dashboard?
    Anyone come up with anything a bit different than that or suction cups on the windscreen??

lad in my class made one to sit on top of the steering wheel which was fairly different, another lad made on that was geared towards builders, had a belt clip and a tape measure and also stuck to the windscreen via suction cups

• Advertisement

RHunce wrote: »
    lad in my class made one to sit on top of the steering wheel which was fairly different, another lad made on that was geared towards builders, had a belt clip and a tape measure and also stuck to the windscreen via suction cups

Bit of a safety hazard i'd say!
    I thought the way the brief was written was really geared towards designing a new mounting system, was struggling for ages to come up with something a bit different, would love to hear some of the rest of ye're concepts

Advertisement