Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LC2011 (Design and communication graphics) - do NOT post images of exam material

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭MikeHough

I'M F##KING FINIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIISHED!!!
    YEEEEEEEEEEEEESSS!
    THANK F##K FOR THAT.
    YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭Griffen262

MikeHough wrote: »
    I'M F##KING FINIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIISHED!!!
    YEEEEEEEEEEEEESSS!
    THANK F##K FOR THAT.
    YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

I felt that way too...

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Welshman666

Me also^^^

at first i was loving it..i later started to hate doing it lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭ride-the-spiral

Screw all of you and your finished projects! :(

I miss tech graph...

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭_sparkie_

i did the leaving cert in 2009 and i dont remember this subject begin around? when was it introduced and what is it?

• Advertisement

_sparkie_ wrote: »
    i did the leaving cert in 2009 and i dont remember this subject begin around? when was it introduced and what is it?

It's the new version of Technical Drawing, introduced in 2009 actually. It's basically 60% tech drawing and 40% project, which you can see from this thread. Everyone in my school still calls it tech though.

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭_sparkie_

It's the new version of Technical Drawing, introduced in 2009 actually. It's basically 60% tech drawing and 40% project, which you can see from this thread. Everyone in my school still calls it tech though.

shame. i thought they actually went out and introduced a modern, cool and useful(in third level design) course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 Gaeilge?

For Output 2 and Output 7 do I need the original sketches on the actual sheets? I have two sheets from these outputs where I scanned images, and I have all of the original sketches which I plan to hand up with the project. Is this allowed? In the brief it seems to only indicate that scans are not allowed for outputs 3 and 8 only.

"
    6. You must submit your original sketches for Outputs 3 and 8 - scanned images will not suffice."

So scans are ok for every other output? :confused:

Please help!!

(Sorry if the answer to my question is already up here, I didn't want to look through all the posts for it.) :rolleyes:

Yes scanned images will do for output 2 and 7, hence they don't say that you can use them. There was a bit of an argument about it a few pages ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 Gaeilge?

There are only 5 marks out of a total of 160 going for the degree of difficulty involved in your solidworks models so keep them simple..

Are you serious? I made my SolidWorks for part (a) really detailed I didn't know you get that little for it. :eek:

PS: I think I'm finally finished!! :D After only five months at the bloody thing. :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6 sommy_tutton

im nearly there now, alot of new things to do popped up this week. like i never knew we had to do solidworks drawings or anything. disaster! all has to be in by friday, was up at 5 this morning thinking of ideas to finish it!!! total panic stations!!!:(:eek:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 nightdream

i know this feeling so wellllll!!!!!!! that relief and everything, now just hea down and study, no more projects!!!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Just need to assemble it and I'm all done on the computing side of things! I'll sketch out the rest of it.

nightdream wrote: »
    i know this feeling so wellllll!!!!!!! that relief and everything, now just hea down and study, no more projects!!

1 down, 3 to go for me :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Ian_K

Right can somebody tell me exactly what each student has to hand up??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 nightdream

Griffen262 wrote: »
    i know this feeling so wellllll!!!!!!! that relief and everything, now just hea down and study, no more projects!!

let me guess, constructions?

good luck with all that!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭MikeHough

u sick man. doing 4 subjects with projects. the pressure like

let me guess, constructions?

good luck with all that!!!
    MikeHough wrote: »

u sick man. doing 4 subjects with projects. the pressure like

DCG, Construction, Engineering, Ag.Science

Its where the points are for me though, and they're interesting, sometimes :P

Anyone else not finished yet?? :(

Also, how much writing is gone into your projects?? mine has about four words

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭NotExactly

Ian_K wrote: »
    Anyone else not finished yet?? :(

Also, how much writing is gone into your projects?? mine has about four words

Still not finished just some sketching and tidying up to do. I have more than 4 words on my front page :rolleyes: No marks goin' for the front page though.

• Advertisement

NotExactly wrote: »
    Still not finished just some sketching and tidying up to do. I have more than 4 words on my front page :rolleyes: No marks goin' for the front page though.

How much writing in total then?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭Berilium2

This is turning out to be a bigger pain in the hole than I had originally thought.
    I though the annoying part would be the solidworks, but oh, how I was wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 GGorman

Thank GOD I'm finished as I spent a ridiculous amount of lunch times doing this bloody thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭DufferO8

hey how are you guys presenting your project? are you using ring binders or display books?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 GGorman

Binders

Right done and dusted, still worried there's a severe lack of words/analysis on mine, more or less 15 pages of pictures

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭NotExactly

Ian_K wrote: »
    Right done and dusted, still worried there's a severe lack of words/analysis on mine, more or less 15 pages of pictures

15 pages?:confused:Mine has 16

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭clonadlad

NotExactly wrote: »
    15 pages?:confused:Mine has 16
    It's 14 pages lads. But you can use a cover page and acknowledgements page at the end which don't count towards your 14.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 hairybacon

For output 7 can I just do a sort of brainstorm and then just sketch and explain the few changes on the next page?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Sligo007

so projects have to be handed up by firday im nearly done,
    I have my 14 pages just to scan original's in and put things in files?
    Is just just the assembellas that go in files or the parts or both? So confused? :confused:

Advertisement