Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

500 new DAA Jobs But ''No Vacancies'' On DAA Website??

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,239 ✭✭✭Elessar

Yeah they said it will go through flexsource, and they already got back to you for another interview, so I'm hoping that's the case.

Interestingly I was told the job also depends on passing the training (3 weeks) which is set by the IAA. I'm guessing there are tests there aswell.

Yea, I think they are doing things very quickly. Called me today, third interview is tomorrow, so I'd say you'll hear very soon.

I believe there will be tests after the training, especially for the security screening aspect of the job as there are international standards that have to be met.

But thats the same with any / most jobs, you need to pass the training or you dont get the job.

I'd say it is intense training, but that is to be expected really.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Grawns

Deadly, good man. I got called for a third round, they want to interview for the TL role instead...

I've been a manager for a few years, but didnt think I had enough experience for it, but they obviously think so.

I've never been for a third round interview, crazy nervous now !

That's brilliant, you obviously impressed them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 daz19

had my first interview for retail assitant last friday was told straight away that i have been put threw for second round of interviews

any idea what questions to expect or will they be similar to the first round???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭2qk4u

So I guess the rest of us can forget about it at this stage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

Through to 2nd round for facilities - applied for both and would prefer not to clean toilets but sure, a job's a job and I did trolleys before which can only be beneficial. Whether or not they interview me for the pax services as well, I dunno?

Was a nuthouse in Flexsource when I was there a few days ago, about 10/15 people in there including me at one stage. I was told, for what it's worth, that there weren't nearly as many applicants for facilities so that might reassure some people.

Just got offered the job! Delighted!

Thanks all for the tips.

SpyGuy I expect leniency preferential treatment if you turn out to be my supervisor :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 Puma5

Well done Elessar is that for passenger services?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 daz19

Elessar wrote: »

Thanks all for the tips.

SpyGuy I expect leniency preferential treatment if you turn out to be my supervisor :D

congrats on getting the position:) best of luck:D!

which position did u apply for??? i went for the sales assistant, i have second interview this week any tips??:confused:

Thanks all for the tips.

Congrats Elessar, seriously well done !! That was really quick?!

I'm just back in the door from the third interview, very very tough, I think I got myself too worked up over this one and was too nervous, I was also the last one of the day, so they seemed like they were exhausted and not too interested.

I know I can do it, but not sure if I convinced them that I can, if that makes sense.

I'm going to be bag of nerves until I know. They at the first interview it could be up to a month!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭spygirl

congrats ellassar, well done. Spy guy I'm sure you did just fine. How many had there been for interviews today. I mean were there others waiting with you for the teamleaders interviews?

Well I don't think I was as bubbly / bouncy as I might normally be, therefore not as enthusiastic.
    Its hard to tell, theres 3 rooms, with 3 panels all for 3 different positions, only 2 people waiting outside at any given time.
    There wasn't anyone waiting to go into the room I went into, so that might make a difference....Called the recruiter after the interview. Thinks I deff have the team member position, have to do an eye test first. But she's hoping to let me know about the manager position either way tomorrow.

Elessar, were you given a start / induction date, looks like we'll be working together either way.

P.s Spygirl - Nice username ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,706 ✭✭✭horse7

;Thank you for your interest in the exciting opportunities presented by the opening of Terminal 2 at Dublin Airport. The application process has now closed. We look forward to the opening of Terminal towards November this year; .jesus closed already.ive got to check boards more regulary.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 daisy20

Congrats Elessar, seriously well done !! That was really quick?!

I'm just back in the door from the third interview, very very tough, I think I got myself too worked up over this one and was too nervous, I was also the last one of the day, so they seemed like they were exhausted and not too interested.

I know I can do it, but not sure if I convinced them that I can, if that makes sense.

I'm going to be bag of nerves until I know. They at the first interview it could be up to a month!!!
    Well done spyguy congrats !! sounds good. Did you have to do a interview for team member position??

either way your in there.

daisy20 wrote: »
    Well done spyguy congrats !! sounds good. Did you have to do a interview for team member position??

either way your in there.

Thanks, have a job either way and will know for deff which one tomorrow.

Yep, I applied for the member position, the interviewers put me forward for the Leader position.

...we'll see :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 389 ✭✭Anna23

Well I had my first interview today I don't know if I sounded to enthusiastic or bubbly as they might want, guess I shall find out soon.

Anna23 wrote: »
    Well I had my first interview today I don't know if I sounded to enthusiastic or bubbly as they might want, guess I shall find out soon.

Best of luck....nah, dont worry, they mightn't even be looking for that kind of person, I just tried it in the first round and it worked a treat.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 daisy20

great position to be in knowing you have a job either way - best of luck on TL job.

You will sleep well tonight !! ha ha - a few beers should be in order.....

Yeah I'll be working passenger services aswell. No start date but I heard August induction and contracts in a week or so. I'm sure you'll get it Spy Guy.

A facilities team member question, I have been given different job specs on this and have no idea which on to believe anymore, in one email received from Flexsource they give a different job discretion no mention about toilet cleaning, washroom cleaning etc. And then today after the interview was done, the girl hands me a job description with what the position entails, which details everything from toilet cleaning to forecourt cleaning and taxi rank. Oh and I do have to mention this, the girl at reception today at Flexsource was the rudddddddest person I have met in a long long time. I actually ignored her completely as I just couldn't deal with her, I just hope that it wasn't 2 visible.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭2qk4u

Well done guys ,as much as I am disappointed that I still have had no contact, not even the result of the online test, I wish you all the best in your new jobs.

Was there any common factors with everyone who got through so far ? location/age ect ?

Yeah I'll be working passenger services aswell. No start date but I heard August induction and contracts in a week or so. I'm sure you'll get it Spy Guy.

Great news, delighted for you getting through. Who told you it would be August induction? Does that mean you will be starting training soon? Did they mention if you might get a chance to "shadow" staff in the old terminal before you start or will all the training be in a classroom environment? Still waiting to hear from my interview, just wondering what can be expected in the training. Fingers crossed it all goes well. I know you have to pass the training but have spoken to some people who already work there and it seems to be ok

• Registered Users Posts: 6,921 ✭✭✭furiousox

2qk4u wrote: »
    Well done guys ,as much as I am disappointed that I still have had no contact, not even the result of the online test, I wish you all the best in your new jobs.
    Was there any common factors with everyone who got through so far ? location/age ect ?

I'd be amazed if anyone over the age of 30/35 was taken on.
    Congrats to all who were offered a position :)

CPL 593H

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

A facilities team member question, I have been given different job specs on this and have no idea which on to believe anymore, in one email received from Flexsource they give a different job discretion no mention about toilet cleaning, washroom cleaning etc. And then today after the interview was done, the girl hands me a job description with what the position entails, which details everything from toilet cleaning to forecourt cleaning and taxi rank. Oh and I do have to mention this, the girl at reception today at Flexsource was the rudddddddest person I have met in a long long time. I actually ignored her completely as I just couldn't deal with her, I just hope that it wasn't 2 visible.

Yep, it appears to be cleaning toilets mainly. Glad I applied for both, although I've only done one first round so far.

Had a second interview date given to me, then cancelled because "your referees didn't get back to us and we though they would" - why give me a bloody date in the first place if you haven't the checked the refs?

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭PKen

Hi everyone - only joining the discussion now. I've applied too and share similar views to 2qk4u and furiousox. I'd like to know the selection criteria used by the recruiters. What indeed, have the Successful versus Unsuccessful candidates got in common? Is there an "Age" thing? Don't know yet. However, I think there is a "Location" thing going on here. Don't wish to sound begrudging (honestly, I'm not) to the successful applicants. But surprise, surprise, both Elessar and Spyguy live in Swords (next door to the airport). ;)

With regards to location yesterday I have seen 3 people from the Blanchardstown area, so probably they want people who live close so that they cant complain about traffic or other problems relating to commuting. Who knows! PKen for example I am under 30 but they did only call me for facilities team member (cleaning toilets etc) , even though I have applied for all 3 positions, so I don't know how relevant the age part is, and if they do tend to concentrate on age then i am sure they have a few things coming their way (I hope they don't).

furiousox wrote: »
    I'd be amazed if anyone over the age of 30/35 was taken on.
    Congrats to all who were offered a position :)

Not sure what the selection process was but I am over the 30 mark, living a little past Blanchardstown. I know some people who work there who are from Cavan and Monaghan so not sure if they applied a distance stipulation this time. Although they haven't in the past. I have been told that people who had one to one customer interaction skills had a slight advantage but not sure how true that is. Have also read in some of the post's that people are still only getting calls now for first round interviews so people shouldn't give up just yet.
    I also heard that the staff who currently work for them and applied haven't been told yet either so maybe it's just the way the recruitment company has organised things?

Well I am purely delighted I have just been called for a 2nd round interview and have been put forward for a different position again which I am delighted about, passenger services, so I better get some info on this position, has anyone been asked anything out of the ordinary for this position? any insight would be appreciated thanks.

Well I am purely delighted I have just been called for a 2nd round interview and have been put forward for a different position again which I am delighted about, passenger services, so I better get some info on this position, has anyone been asked anything out of the ordinary for this position? any insight would be appreciated thanks.

So they called you back to apply for passenger services? Ah Anna thats Brill!! Just be yourself it's gotten you this far. Have a little look back over the job spec ans maybe Spyguy and Elessar could help with some pointers from their interviews as well? Am still waiting to hear from mine so can't really comment just yet lol. Best of luck, hope it all works out for you:)

• Advertisement

Thanks a mill Spygirl, I will defo have a look over the job spec and everything about DAA that I can find, the 2nd round is Friday at the DAA. I am just delighted never even thought I would be put forward for a different position, so I probably did something good in the interview, even though I didn't think it was my best interview ever, as i wasn't the usual bubbly self (which I thought they might want). She basically rang me to tell me that she is putting me forward for a different position on Friday, passenger services not facilities team member, that's all she said and that she will be sending all the info to me in due course.

Advertisement