Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

500 new DAA Jobs But ''No Vacancies'' On DAA Website??

Options

Comments

Well had my 2nd round interview today for PS Team Leader and boy was it tough dont think I did enough to sway the interview team .
    The role of Passenger services team leader is a really tough one and not for the fainthearted , not so much about customer service but more about crowd control and problem solving

Anyway will wait and see what happens

I'm so glad I'm not the only one, have not heard of too many people going for the TL position, glad to hear you had it rough also (sorry, I mean that in the nicest possible way) :p

Let me know how you get on.

Totally agree with your summary of the job, serious organisational skills required.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 alexno2

Hi have just read up on all the posts today,to put a few peoples mind at rest I will be 40 in dec and live in drogheda and received a job offer for the passenger team member on monday last so I dont think age or distance is a problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭blacksmith105

well done alexno

hope all goes well for you

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭blacksmith105

spyguy

Yeah it was tough interview , one of the worst i have ever had and would need a miracle to get through to next round . As I said the TL role is for someone with brass balls and take no **** from any passenger or team member ,

I have been to interviews all over the world and that was the worst ever but i remain hopeful

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 Puma5

spyguy

Yeah it was tough interview , one of the worst i have ever had and would need a miracle to get through to next round . As I said the TL role is for someone with brass balls and take no **** from any passenger or team member ,

I have been to interviews all over the world and that was the worst ever but i remain hopeful

Dont think I would agree with you on taking no **** from passengers or staff. The passenger is the customer and must be treated with respect. As for staff loose their respect and you can forget it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9 daz19

has anyone who applied for the retail position been invited for the DAA numerical assessment and talent scan next Wednesday only then can if successful you can go for the second interview

• Registered Users Posts: 9,575 ✭✭✭lord lucan

daz19 wrote: »
    has anyone who applied for the retail position been invited for the DAA numerical assessment and talent scan next Wednesday only then can if successful you can go for the second interview

My mate applied for a retail position. He had his first interview on Monday and just text me saying he got called to go this on Wednesday. He reckons the standard was so high that they're using this to narrow down the numbers for the 2nd round interviews.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭ladymuck

Had interview yesterday for operational Leader. It was first interview in Swords. I only got the call to go the day before!!!!!!!!! Not much notice!! :eek::(
    I thought I was out of the running and it was curtains for me and then got the call. Don’t give up hope if your waiting. :DEven when I was sitting there they were still calling people.

I went in at 12.00 and got out at 15.45. There were more than 10 at any one time waiting. There were big delays. I was an hour delayed in interview. Then the interview was sooooo long. The longest I have ever had. There was every age group there. I noticed that all were Irish. ( don’t know why I’m saying that..? I just kinda rember someone asking in a previous post.) And the people I spoke to who were for interviews were from co Dublin, some from Carlow, Kildare, Wicklow and Cavan. Everywhere really.

Interview was no walk in the park and I had prepared. They do prompt you a little but it was sooooo long. Also I wish I could rember what they asked to give ye an example but just think everything imaginable. I was shattered last night and had sore throat after it. They said that round two is very very difficult. They are interviewing from 8am to 18:00. There are about 7 interviews going on at a time. Madness. They have loads of work to do.

So I hope that helps someone.:D:) Anybody else have similar experience and go for the op Leader position?

:):)

lord lucan wrote: »
    My mate applied for a retail position. He had his first interview on Monday and just text me saying he got called to go this on Wednesday. He reckons the standard was so high that they're using this to narrow down the numbers for the 2nd round interviews.

hmmmm sounds so i better get studying my maths over the weekend,im guessing it will be pretty basic as its says in the email it will be mainley +-/x :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,575 ✭✭✭lord lucan

daz19 wrote: »
    hmmmm sounds so i better get studying my maths over the weekend,im guessing it will be pretty basic as its says in the email it will be mainley +-/x :)

He was surprised to even get an interview as he openly admits maths was never his strong point and was baffled by some online evaluation he had to do when he applied originally. He was wondering himself if others got the same call.:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Nimbot

ye I got the same call today about Retail, I asked her straight out what was my chances and she said they had 1500 applicants for Retail jobs but said anyone at first test center on Wednesday was in with a good chance so fingers/legs crossed etc!!

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭BlondePrincess

I got a call for the retail position, I had originally applied for the passenger services team member, but heard back about this instead. My interviewer in Flexsource said due to my past retail experience, she'd put my application forward for these positions too! Going in for the mathematical assessment on Wed, fingers crossed it'll be ok! Good luck Nimbot and Daz19!! :o

Ah cool would love to get through as once your in the door you can move across to other sections, best of luck Daz19 and blondprincess see you there :D

Well guys, I didnt get the team leader position. They said over 1500 people went for it and theres only 12 positions, simply too many people who had more experience than me. But they said I did brilliant, considering my 2nd interview went so well that they put me forward for it, so they will keep an eye on me.

But as you know, I got the team member position. Did the eye test and online medical assessment, so just waiting on the contract to come in the post now.

Looking forward to it ! :-) Did anyone get any official start dates yet? Anyone get a contract yet?

ive been busy all weekend studying 5th and 6th class maths books there great its all the stuff you know but kind of forget:)
    best of luck 2 all of you guys who knows we may be working togheter someday:D fingers crossed

• Registered Users Posts: 5,239 ✭✭✭Elessar

Well guys, I didnt get the team leader position. They said over 1500 people went for it and theres only 12 positions, simply too many people who had more experience than me. But they said I did brilliant, considering my 2nd interview went so well that they put me forward for it, so they will keep an eye on me.

But as you know, I got the team member position. Did the eye test and online medical assessment, so just waiting on the contract to come in the post now.

Looking forward to it ! :-) Did anyone get any official start dates yet? Anyone get a contract yet?

Well done on getting a team member position anyway. No contracts yet, I was told within a week or so.

Elessar wrote: »
    Well done on getting a team member position anyway. No contracts yet, I was told within a week or so.

Thanks...yea, delighted anyway!

Hopefully it'll be soon so I can see what the real conditions are.

Congrats spyguy lucky b******:D Ye daz19 who knows if the Gods will it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭2qk4u

And Ive still heard nothing.....

If its any help I got a call last week about passanger team member but going to try Retail position first so they seem to be still doing interviews etc dont despair

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35 nailstar

Well had my 1st round interview on Friday, lasted about 45mins and told me it would be a week before I heard anything else

Got a call this morning have 2nd round tomorrow so I must have done ok:)

Going to spend the rest of today preparing now

Can I just ask any of you who got through was the same type of questions asked?
    Also I know they look for examples, but do they want them all in the STAR format or is it your own explanation

The examples I'm working on is Team Work, Attention to Detail, Above the call of duty, Customer Service
    Is there anything else I'm missing

Thanks guys

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 alexno2

Just received a letter from the airport police asking me to apply to the garda vetting office in Tipperary for disclosure of personal data
    They say I could be waiting up to 40 days for this and then another 14 days for them to say if they will give security clearance.
    Did anyone else receive such a letter or are they just having trouble with my clearance.

nailstar wrote: »
    Well had my 1st round interview on Friday, lasted about 45mins and told me it would be a week before I heard anything else

Also I know they look for examples, but do they want them all in the STAR format or is it your own explanation

The examples I'm working on is Team Work, Attention to Detail, Above the call of duty, Customer Service

Thanks guys

Congratulations !

Nope, the answers weren't in STAR format, it was more just your own explanation. It felt a bit more like a flowing conversation.

Just have your examples ready, that really is key.

Your missing, working under pressure, time keeping, dealing with an irate customer and how to win them over......also what you do when a team mate isn't pulling their weight etc etc.

Congratulations !

Nope, the answers weren't in STAR format, it was more just your own explanation. It felt a bit more like a flowing conversation.

Just have your examples ready, that really is key.

Your missing, working under pressure, time keeping, dealing with an irate customer and how to win them over......also what you do when a team mate isn't pulling their weight etc etc.

Thanks so much Spyguy you've been a great help, I'll add those in too
    I'm trying to cover everything but it's all happening so quickly now!!

Thanks guys

Well done. Fair play to you. What job did you go for? Best of luck with the interview. Is it in the airport?

• Registered Users Posts: 24 bellaed

alexno2 wrote: »
    Just received a letter from the airport police asking me to apply to the garda vetting office in Tipperary for disclosure of personal data
    They say I could be waiting up to 40 days for this and then another 14 days for them to say if they will give security clearance.
    Did anyone else receive such a letter or are they just having trouble with my clearance.

Yes it looks like they are having a problem giving you clearance.It maybe just a simple incident that happened in your past over the last ten years.Don't worry you may still get clearance but it might take a little longer

ladymuck wrote: »
    Well done. Fair play to you. What job did you go for? Best of luck with the interview. Is it in the airport?

Thanks ladymuck,
    it's for passenger services and yes it's in the airport, I've to go to T1 15 mins before and someone will be waiting there for me so fingers crossed

Thanks ladymuck,
    it's for passenger services and yes it's in the airport, I've to go to T1 15 mins before and someone will be waiting there for me so fingers crossed

The very very best of luck. Stay positive and confident. Let us know how you get on. I went for interview day before you for first round. It was mad in there. 2 nd interview is fantastic considering to ammount of people i seen interviewed. You must have done fab. Fair play.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,239 ✭✭✭Elessar

Just stay confident and have a positive attitude. Remember examples you can talk about. That's it.

Don't be too disheartened about it when it's over. I thought I hadn't said enough and the interview was too short (only 30 minutes for me) but I got the job next day!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭PKen

I've a question for 2qk4u and furiousox. How long is it (to the nearest week) since ye applied? I applied exactly five weeks ago. One day later, received/done the online "Prove It" test. Just like yourselves, I've heard absolutely nothing since!
    How many out there (who applied then) were given the "Thanks, But No Thanks" email? Just trying to establish any trends, e.g. of all those who've appied (at that time) how many have: (i) gone on to get an interview? and (ii) got the dreadful email?
    I know Spyguy will tell us to relax (I do appreciate his encouraging posts), but let's face it - five weeks is five weeks. Here's one more request: what's the longest time anyone had to wait between applying and getting the acceptance or rejection? :(

Advertisement