Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

500 new DAA Jobs But ''No Vacancies'' On DAA Website??

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭ladymuck

Winger_PL wrote: »
    I believe that T2 salaries will be lower than those of T1 employees, hence I'm not sure why anyone would want to transfer.

Gosh, Ya that would be a big no no. Why would you bother:eek:

I was also reading this:

DAA Begins Second Phase of Recruitment for T2

Almost 70 retail vacancies to be filled at Dublin Airport

The Dublin Airport Authority (DAA) has begun the second phase of recruitment for Terminal Two, Dublin Airport's new passenger terminal and is now seeking up to 70 retail staff to work in the new terminal.

"As part of our plan to recruit up to 500 staff for T2 we are now looking for 70 energetic customer-focussed individuals to work as sales assistants in the new terminal," said DAA Retail Director Paul Neeson. The DAA's retail operation will sell a range of products such as perfume and cosmetics, liquor and tobacco, confectionary and souvenirs. Details of the new vacancies are available at www.daa.ie or by telephoning 01 8955715 and the recruitment process for retail staff is now underway.

The DAA received almost 12,000 applications for passenger services and facilities management positions in T2 when they were advertised last month.

Terminal Two will transform the passenger experience at Dublin Airport, when it opens to the public in November. The terminal has been designed to suit passenger needs and uses natural light throughout to improve the travel experience.

Thats 24 cv's for every job advertised. I thought it might be higher? ;) Surley we will hear soon re sucess or failure to get interview. Any one I know advertising a position gets 100 cv's or more for each!!! And I would guess lots of people did what I did and applied for a number of positions so its probley more like 8000 cv's:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 Puma5

40% of the business from T1 is moving to T2 so not as many staff will be needed in T1. Yes the salaries are rubbish compared to T1 but as stated by someone else I do believe they will have to rise in T2 to a comparrison with T1. One main reason would be staff turnover as alot reckon it will be high so in order to keep staff they will need to pay them better.

Puma5 wrote: »
    40% of the business from T1 is moving to T2 so not as many staff will be needed in T1. Yes the salaries are rubbish compared to T1 but as stated by someone else I do believe they will have to rise in T2 to a comparrison with T1. One main reason would be staff turnover as alot reckon it will be high so in order to keep staff they will need to pay them better.

Puma5, I did not realise 40% of the business from T1 is moving to T2. So why oh why are these jobs advertised with such bravado without noting the loss of work in T1. :eek:

It make me laugh the job market at the moment. Yesterday we let 500 go:( tomorrow we take on 200:confused: and its all over the press:confused: like wow:rolleyes:

So these jobs will go to the experienced T1 staff- It only makes sence:eek:

I am at a loss with the job market. :(

Like I said its not straight forward. Not alot from T1 have applied due to the changes in pay etc. When I say 40% I mean airlines. Aerlingus is moving over along with Etihad and most transatlantic services along with a few others. What has been written in the papers about 6% differance in pay and payoffs to staff of 32000 to move to T2 is for in my opinion about 5% of staff who would move.

LadyMuck if interested you might want to have a look on irish jobs as OCS are currently recruiting for baggage screeners in T2. Not sure of the rates but heard its also €12.50. This would involve screening all the baggage which goes into the hold of the aircraft.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 776 ✭✭✭sellerbarry

Puma5 wrote: »
    LadyMuck if interested you might want to have a look on irish jobs as OCS are currently recruiting for baggage screeners in T2. Not sure of the rates but heard its also €12.50. This would involve screening all the baggage which goes into the hold of the aircraft.

Thanks for the heads up puma.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,239 ✭✭✭Elessar

Don't know about anyone else but I found some of the maths questions on the questionnaire for the Sales Assistant role fairly difficult. I haven't done maths in years!!

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭sinjin_smythe

Still nothin, startin to get a bit impatiant

Got a call there earlier, have my interview for passenger services team member on Thursday. Which one was that again? Lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭wobblyknees

Decided to have a little look at the website.
    The closing date for applications for these exciting retail opportunities Terminal 2 is Monday the 13th July at 12:00 hrs.

:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭Winger_PL

Elessar wrote: »
    Got a call there earlier, have my interview for passenger services team member on Thursday. Which one was that again? Lol

This one:
    http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:X_97JiddsF4J:terminal2jobs.jobsmarket.ie/Passenger-Services-Team-Member/+terminal2jobs.jobsmarket.ie+passenger&cd=2&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=ie

What did they tell you on the phone, did they not email you the results first?
    When did you do the ProveIt test?

I wasn't emailed results. They just asked me when I'd like to have the interview and confirmed the time. They sent the email on then. I did the test two weeks ago.

You have to have knowledge of the DAA etc.

I wasn't emailed results. They just asked me when I'd like to have the interview and confirmed the time. They sent the email on then. I did the test two weeks ago.

You have to have knowledge of the DAA etc.

:D CONGRATSSSSS. Well done and the very best of luck with the interview. :D

Im green with envy:o I guess they have called everyone by now...but not me. :rolleyes:

I hope you have a brill interview. Let us know how it goes. What do you mean by "You have to have knowledge of the DAA etc" Is that for your interview or to get called for an interview?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭Naked Lepper

am i too late to apply now???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 776 ✭✭✭sellerbarry

am i too late to apply now???

Look on irishjobs.ie . Here's the link with a couple of jobs still available.

http://irishjobs.ie/ShowResults.aspx?Recruiter=Both&Category=&Location=&Keywords=ocs&x=38&y=8

Good luck;)

ladymuck wrote: »
    :D CONGRATSSSSS. Well done and the very best of luck with the interview. :D

Im green with envy:o I guess they have called everyone by now...but not me. :rolleyes:

I hope you have a brill interview. Let us know how it goes. What do you mean by "You have to have knowledge of the DAA etc" Is that for your interview or to get called for an interview?

Thanks, I have to spend a while preparing today, haven't done an interview in ages. It's competency based, which I assume means I'll be asked to talk about experiences I've had relating to the competencies on the job spec...

They were very clear on me needing to know about the DAA for the interview, so I assume I'll get some questions on that. There's not much on the website!

I would say if you know the basics such as...
    The DAA is an airport management company with more than 2,800 employees and a turnover in 2009 of €547 million. Since 2006, the DAA has embarked on a €1.2 billion investment at Dublin Airport which will see a new terminal, Terminal 2, open in November 2010 in addition to significant improvements to the existing airport infrastructure at Ireland's busiest airport.
    I would also suggest you know a little about CAR (commission for aviation regulation).

Hi ya,

have a look at the following also:
    http://www.dublinairportauthority.com/AR_2009_English.pdf

&

http://www.daa.ie/media-centre/presentations-speeches/

There are bit and bobs in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭2qk4u

How many of you have been called for interview ? Ive heard nothing.

Had the interview this morning. It seemed to go well enough, got caught on a few questions I hadn't anticipated (I think there was 10 in total) but waffled on as much as possible! Not a single question about the DAA funny enough.

I'll know by next week if I get to second round.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭2qk4u

Had the interview this morning. It seemed to go well enough, got caught on a few questions I hadn't anticipated (I think there was 10 in total) but waffled on as much as possible! Not a single question about the DAA funny enough.

I'll know by next week if I get to second round.

How long did the interview last ?

2qk4u wrote: »
    How long did the interview last ?

About 15 minutes.

Was that with Flexsource? Second interview will be DAA then some knowledge will be needed.

Yep, second one is the real one per se.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,921 ✭✭✭furiousox

2qk4u wrote: »
    How many of you have been called for interview ? Ive heard nothing.

Me neither, I KNEW I should have said it's ok to shout back at a customer! :pac:

CPL 593H

I got into the next round! Delighted, this will be the tough one I think! :eek:

Some questions you may face...

- Tell us what you know about the DAA

- Tell us a little about yourself

- Can you explain a little about the job you are applying for

- Why do you want to work in T2

- Can you talk about a time when you felt very proud of yourself at work

- Tell us about the ways in which you may go out of your way to assist a passenger

- If you saw a colleague in trouble or feeling a bit stresses, how would you help them

- How would you deal if you saw a colleague not doing their job correctly

- Would you feel comfortable if you had to report a colleague to a supervisor

- Tell how you would deal with an agressive passenger

- If a supervisor asked you to do a different task not in job discription would you do it

- How important do you think it is to work as a team

- If your colleagues could change one thing about you what would it be

- How important do you think customer service should be for passengers

- What are your weaknesses

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Coddlemonster

I got into the next round! Delighted, this will be the tough one I think! :eek:

did they arrange a 2nd round interview with you? If so is it at the airport?

Nothing arranged yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Coddlemonster

sorry Elessar I just want to clarify: did they actually tell you you were successful in the 1st round interview and would get a second round interview?

Advertisement