Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

500 new DAA Jobs But ''No Vacancies'' On DAA Website??

Options
  • 24-06-2010 9:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭

So...500 new jobs announced yesterday for T2 at Dublin Airport and recruitment is starting ''immediately''.
    Looking at the DAA website today and all that's there is ''There are currently no job opportunities available with the DAA''
    So what's the story?
    Are the positions being advertised internally firstor has the website not been updated?

Where are the jobs????

CPL 593H

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭Penisland

Come on not that hard to find

http://terminal2jobs.jobsmarket.ie/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

The jobs are advertised on the daa website not the dublin airport website, heres the link to the jobs http://terminal2jobs.jobsmarket.ie/

Edit: Just saw Penisland beat me to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭furiousox

Ok but on the daa website under human resources there are 'no vacancies'

http://www.dublinairportauthority.com/human-resources/

Anyway thanks for the heads up lads

CPL 593H

Anyone else notice that when filling in your details the DOB calendar won't go back to before January 1980?
    So if you're born prior to 1980 you need not apply, is that the case?
    I'm hoping its an error of some sort surely?
    Tried ringing them but can't get through at present.

CPL 593H

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭cronos

furiousox wrote: »
    Anyone else notice that when filling in your details the DOB calendar won't go back to before January 1980?

Strange they even ask for DOB. Didnt think they could.

• Advertisement

cronos wrote: »
    Strange they even ask for DOB. Didnt think they could.

Yeah I thought any hint of 'ageism' was illegal?
    I can't believe I'm being told I'm officially on the scrapheap!
    Got to be an error of some sort though they may well disregard cv's from anyone over 30 anyway.

CPL 593H

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭KarlDrake

CPL are master vendor for this recruitment drive.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Coddlemonster

furiousox wrote: »

eh, yes it does... well it did for me anyway. I even got the test link back and completed it last night.

Anybody else do the test?

Just checked again and it's working now alright, must've been a fault last night.
    What's the gist of the test?

CPL 593H

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Coddlemonster

The test is something like an IQ...multi choice - it was in 3 parts - analytical, maths etc. it was timed so get yourself some quiet time before you begin.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭belongtojazz

Hi all, quick question on the DAA jobs. I have seen one I feel I am qualified for but have a couple of questions before I do.

The first question is: does anyone know when they are planning on holding interviews? I am living in the UK at the minute but am moving back to Ireland next month on the 23rd do you know if they will be interviewing before then?
    The other question is about the Basic Police Disclosure Certificate. As I'm living outside of Ireland this is a requirement anyone know what it is and how I would get one?

Thanks,

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭HigsBoson

Done the test last night, was a customer mindset evaluation, multiple choice.
    Got an email after saying they were extending the recruitment timeframe because of massive intrest. Waiting to hear if I will get a round 1 interview, anyone know what to expect at this?

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭ladymuck

I applied for a job. What did ye think of questions in assessments?
    I applied for all 4 job types advertised.

What do ye think the requirements for these jobs are? Has anybody experience with T2 interviews. What are they like? Has anybody been invited to the first interview? I would love to know.

There are no real details on the hours etc. Has anybody else applied?

I got this reply;

Dear Applicant,
    You will be aware from your receipt of our confirmation email that we have received your application for to the exciting opportunities presented by the opening of Terminal 2 at Dublin Airport.
    We are delighted to have received a huge level of interest in these positions.
    As a result we would ask for your patience with regard to both receipt of the Customer Service Mindset evaluation and notification as to whether you have been successful in your CMS Evaluation.
    The period in which first round interviews will take place will also be extended.
    We will keep as closed to the initial timelines as possible and any delay is not a cause for concern.
    Thank you again for your patience,

The Flexsource Solutions Resourcing team

• Closed Accounts Posts: 776 ✭✭✭sellerbarry

Hi all. Just wondering if you have to take the test four times if you applied for them all?
    Thanks;)

Hi ya, some of the tests were repeated but the questions were mixed around. I completed all of them. It’s timed and I was a little disappointed as my internet connection was quite slow at times. I did all of them anywho. How did you get on? I just received another 2 e mails today with the following:

Dear Applicant,
    You will be aware from your receipt of our confirmation email that we have received your application for to the exciting opportunities presented by the opening of Terminal 2 at Dublin Airport.
    As a result we would ask for your patience with regard to both receipt of the Customer Service Mindset evaluation and notification as to whether you have been successful in your CMS Evaluation.
    The period in which first round interviews will take place will also be extended.
    We will keep as closed to the initial timelines as possible and any delay is not a cause for concern.

Well there must be a massive amount of applications..... :eek: I would love a job there. :D:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 GalwaySeller

Do you think they'll actually be checking up on gaps in your CV and character references and stuff like that? I was unemployed for 2 years and my old principle despised me, no criminal record though.

Here's a thread from 2 years ago with some info on how the hiring from terminal 1 was done.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055232276&highlight=daa+jobs

Well GalwaySeller, it looks like it’s a pretty strict recruitment process.:eek: I could not believe all the requirements but I guess it makes since as Safety etc is so NB.

Would you ring your old principal and explain you’re going for a job and you may get a phone call. This could change his/ her opinion. Do a little chit chat on phone about difficult market for jobs etc. I’d say a little soft soaping and they will sing your praises. :D

As for gaps in your CV, I think as long as you can justify them there is no reason this should go against you. Sure most people applying will be unemployed or about to be made unemployed.

Did you get any communication from the DAA re interview? I wonder what it would be like to work there. Did you apply for all jobs or less?

Thanks HigsBoson,:) Im going to have a good read of that. Do you work there?

ladymuck wrote: »
    Thanks HigsBoson,:) Im going to have a good read of that. Do you work there?

No I dont work there, going through the application process myself, keeping fingers crossed.

• Advertisement

Well best of luck HigsBoson and to all of us applying:D

I hope we find out soon re interviews.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 shellkavo

Question!!!
    I completed the "Terminal 2 Jobs" on line application but never got an automatic notification, Dose this mean they didnt receive my application, i applied last week, do i have to do it all again!!!!:( i aso sent flexsourse a message they never replyed!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 389 ✭✭Anna23

I have just applied myself and I got the following notification email, maybe you should try again.

Thank you, your application for the exciting opportunities presented by the opening of Terminal 2 at Dublin Airport has now been received.

Please see below the details you have provided.

Important

Please check each piece of information provided by you and also the "What Happens Next Section" at the end of this.

Hi ya, did you get the following e-mail after: Prove It! Session Notification from Flexsource. Flexsource would like for you to take a Prove It! session. If you have any questions about this session, please contact Flexsource or review the Candidate FAQs.

Feel free to contact our support staff if you experience any technical difficulties. Our support staff is ready to assist you 24 hours a day, 7 days per week and can be reached by phone on 0845 230 0021.

You have to do the test within 48 hours of getting it or its void!!!!

Then you recieve a second e-mail when test is done stating:
    Dear Applicant,

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭needhelpguy

I applied myself but haven't heard anything back about any test.

Like everyone else unemployed I can imagine the amount of applications. Especially for Dublin Airport, a secure, well paid job. Eventually there'll be industrial action because the T2 staff are getting paid much less than T1 people so the DAA will eventually have to make everybody equal.

Slim chance of getting in really.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

I dont think they'll be industrial action, from what I can see the jobs are not with DAA but with the recruitment firm?

The jobs are with ASC, a new subsidirary with the DAA. The jobs are completely seperate to terminal 1 and have different responsibilities, pay, and terms.

HigsBoson wrote: »
    The jobs are with ASC, a new subsidirary with the DAA. The jobs are completely seperate to terminal 1 and have different responsibilities, pay, and terms.

What does it mean for the employees of T2 then.

Read this:

THE Dublin Airport Authority (DAA) will today begin a recruitment drive for 500 jobs at its new Terminal 2 building due to open in November.
    The new positions will be in areas such as passenger processing, customer service, security and cleaning, while a further 400 full-time positions are expected to be created at the terminal's retail operations.
    Addressing the Oireachtas Joint Committee on Transport yesterday, DAA chief executive Declan Collier confirmed that large-scale testing of the facility had already begun.
    The opening of the €600m terminal comes at a time when Dublin Airport's passenger traffic has fallen significantly from the 23.8 million recorded in 2008.
    Terminal 2 is designed to handle 15 million passengers a year. This year, overall passenger numbers at Dublin are likely to fall to 19m. The DAA has also axed about 300 full-time positions, and a further 100 contract positions have not been renewed.
    The 500 new staff won't earn as much as their colleagues in Terminal 1, however. A small number of existing staff at Dublin Airport accepted lump sums of up to €32,500 to move to the new facility where they'll be on lower rates of pay than at present.
    Average pay at Terminal 2 will be about 6pc lower than at Terminal 1, although some positions will pay significantly less.
    The Commission for Aviation Regulation (CAR) has stipulated, for example, that a security supervisor who can be paid as much as €57,400 in Terminal 1 can only be paid up to €37,800 in Terminal 2.
    Different terms
    "The terms and conditions of staff in Terminal 2 will be different from those of staff in Terminal 1. That has been agreed with staff and their representatives," Mr Collier told senators and TDs on the committee yesterday.
    "It's all about meeting the benchmarks that the regulator set for the cost of operation of Terminal 2," he added.
    "The regulatory system in this country has failed to generate the type of remuneration required to properly incentivise appropriate infrastructure at the right time," he said. "We keep having to chase our tails in order to fund the investment that this country requires."
    The DAA recently argued that a 40pc increase in passenger fees granted by the CAR would not be enough.
    Meanwhile Transport Minister Noel Dempsey last night rejected claims the Government is planning to sell off the Dublin Airport Authority (DAA).
    Mr Dempsey denied he had held negotiations with the Department of Finance to draw up plans for such a sale, insisting such an important State asset should not be sold off.
    He said there were strategic, national reasons why the Government should own infrastructure such as the DAA.
    The comments come in the wake of reports which claimed the Department of Finance was considering a sell-off of a number of state assets to fund the Government's capital investment programme.
    - John Mulligan
    Irish Independent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

just saw on the rte website that 9000 people applied for the 500 jobs http://www.rte.ie/news/2010/0630/dublin.html

• Advertisement

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

9,000 apply for 500 jobs at Dublin Airport

Wednesday, 30 June 2010 17:06
    One week after announcing 500 jobs at the new terminal in Dublin Airport, the DAA says that over 9,000 job applications have so far been received.
    Terminal 2 will open in November, but the first interviews for the 500 jobs are due to take place next week in order to allow for staff training and orientation.
    The new employees will be involved in tasks such as security, cleaning, customer service, and passenger processing.

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Advertisement