Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

500 new DAA Jobs But ''No Vacancies'' On DAA Website??

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Grawns

My friend waited 4 weeks for call saying come for 1st interview and is having 2nd interview today. Had given up hope at that stage so don't give up yet!

If your really that worried, give them a call.

Could be a mix up, could be ok, could be anything.

But you wont know unless you call.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 Saltash

i applied and got my CMS questionaire. did it. still havn heard a word since.. im prob clinging onto hope a lil' bit at this stage!! ha

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭2qk4u

PKen wrote: »
    I've a question for 2qk4u and furiousox. How long is it (to the nearest week) since ye applied? I applied exactly five weeks ago. One day later, received/done the online "Prove It" test. Just like yourselves, I've heard absolutely nothing since!
    How many out there (who applied then) were given the "Thanks, But No Thanks" email? Just trying to establish any trends, e.g. of all those who've appied (at that time) how many have: (i) gone on to get an interview? and (ii) got the dreadful email?
    I know Spyguy will tell us to relax (I do appreciate his encouraging posts), but let's face it - five weeks is five weeks. Here's one more request: what's the longest time anyone had to wait between applying and getting the acceptance or rejection? :(

I applied on the 23rd of June, done the online test the next day and have still heard nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭furiousox

I applied on the 25th of June and completed the test a couple of days later.
    I got the acknowledgement mail from flexsource plus a couple of automated 'please be patient' mails in the week that followed......and nothing since.
    So it's been about 4 weeks since I've heard anything...not even a 'thanks but no thanks'.
    I'm reading all the posts here with interest and I wish everyone who applied all the best but I've personally given up on being called for an interview at this stage.

CPL 593H

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭blacksmith105

Well Done Spyguy

Hope all goes well for you in the new job , went for the PS TL but made an arse of the interview :p anyway lets wait and see as i dont expect to get any further that this
    Hope to be considered for one of the other positions

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭PKen

Thanks for those replies. So, I'm five weeks and 2qk4u and furiousox are six. Don't think anyone's waited that long - or have they? Replies on this, would be very welcome. Maybe, the backlog is still huge.
    Spyguy, you reckon I should ring, but I think that might jinx me altogether. Rang them enquiring about another job application (not DAA) and they weren't a bit nice. Quite rude and pushy. They were like Civil Servants - couldn't get me off the phone quick enough.
    Think I'll just squeeze the cheeks and sit tight for the moment. Not giving up just yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,241 ✭✭✭Elessar

Has anyone heard anything since the medicals?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 389 ✭✭Anna23

Not a word, had mine on Friday last, first thing when I WALKED though the door, the man says to me, well with your academic achievements if the recession was not happening you wouldn't even be here!! I was thinking well you should only be concerned with one question...Can I do the job or not, am I the right candidate or not??? It really put me off when he said that and I hope that the answer I gave him was OK.

So i don't know, I already have been offered a position with another company just now, so I am out of the running anyway as I have accepted this other position. So 11,999 left competing for the 500 positions and I wish everyone all the best. Good luck to everyone. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 daz19

Best of luck everyone this evening with the exams for retail:)

• Advertisement

Elessar wrote: »
    Has anyone heard anything since the medicals?

Not a thing, had the eye test and the online medical questionnaire, they called today for some just to confirm all the I's are dotted and T's crossed.

Said should have contract & start date soon enough.

Let me know if you hear anything else or a start date?

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭irishbrain

Just wondering - how long after the 2nd interview did it take for anybody to get a job offer? Did Flexsource phone or email you?

Also, has anybody heard that they have been unsuccessful after the 2nd round?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Ms Dee

This is my first post on website, but have been following this as my son went for an 2nd round interview two weeks today, felt he did very well but has not heard anything since..won't dream of ringing Flexsource, so hes left in limbo. Very very dissapointed that they could'nt tell him one way or the other. Reading some of these posts, people were offered jobs the following day, so going on that, he's more or less accepted that he did'nt get the job. Congrats to those who did.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 nailstar

Well had the 2nd round interview today, I felt it went ok but I was nervous, so I don't know how much that came across to the interviewers.

It lasted about 35 mins but there was alot of waiting around which didn't help, my app was for am and they apologised because they were running behind so I wonder how long the people after me had to wait

You really need to have plenty of examples ready, I was asked about attention to detail, irate customers, when I felt rewarded, Team work(both pros and cons) when I felt under pressure and how did I deal with it

So hopefully I'll be sucessful but who knows?
    Just wondering where the medical/eyesight test is carried out?

Thanks

Forgot to say, I was told that they were hoping to recruit 3 out of every 4 that got to 2nd round stage

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Nimbot

Daz19/Blondeprincess how did you find the exams??

• Registered Users Posts: 35 nailstar

Ms Dee wrote: »
    This is my first post on website, but have been following this as my son went for an 2nd round interview two weeks today, felt he did very well but has not heard anything since..won't dream of ringing Flexsource, so hes left in limbo. Very very dissapointed that they could'nt tell him one way or the other. Reading some of these posts, people were offered jobs the following day, so going on that, he's more or less accepted that he did'nt get the job. Congrats to those who did.

I think I would ring, I'd rather know for definate one way or the other,

Nimbot wrote: »
    Daz19/Blondeprincess how did you find the exams??

hmmm well the maths was OK except part 2 i kind of was lost on some of the questions then she says pens down so i had 2 circle any answer,customer service was OK
    im really unsure of whether i passed or not but from talking to people after it they were just as puzzled

:D you and me both man maths sucks!!! wonder how long we will have to wait now until we find out thats the hard part head melt!!!

Nimbot wrote: »
    :D you and me both man maths sucks!!! wonder how long we will have to wait now until we find out thats the hard part head melt!!!

lol well i defo think i didnt pass the maths for sure i maybe had 3 wrong, im a language person not a mathematical :)

wonder how long for results

Hopefully not long Daz the waiting wrecks my head!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭irishbrain

nailstar wrote: »
    Forgot to say, I was told that they were hoping to recruit 3 out of every 4 that got to 2nd round stage

That is good news! Just wondering, they they tell you that at your interview? I didn't realise that getting through the 1st round interview was that difficult because I didn't hear of anybody not getting through it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Grawns

irishbrain wrote: »
    Just wondering - how long after the 2nd interview did it take for anybody to get a job offer? Did Flexsource phone or email you?

Also, has anybody heard that they have been unsuccessful after the 2nd round?

My friend did 2nd interview on Tuesday and got a phone call offering the position today - so in this case 2 days. No idea of a start date as security clearance has to be done first and that could take 3 weeks or more.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭MonaghanPenguin

Hey guys, just wondering from people who have been through the process,

I went for a round one interview on the 27th of July, was told that round two interviews would be this week and I'd find out either way in a couple of days. So far I've heard nothing, rang Flexsource two days ago and the girl who answered took my number and said she'd check up on it and phone me back, but again nothing. Should I give up on this now or is there still hope?

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭suzycat

Hey Monaghan Penguin,

I'm in the same boat as yourself. Went for 1st interview last Thursday..have not heard a thing, Going to give them a call this afternoon.
    Its very frustrating

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭MonaghanPenguin

suzycat wrote: »
    Hey Monaghan Penguin,

I'm in the same boat as yourself. Went for 1st interview last Thursday..have not heard a thing, Going to give them a call this afternoon.
    Its very frustrating

When I rang I was told that she'd have to check who I met with and ring me back. I left a number and haven't heard anything since. I'm kinda thinking it's a no then.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭BlondePrincess

Hi Nimbot and Daz19,
    I thought the assessments the other day were grand, got a call there to say I'm through to 2nd round interviews next wed in the airport! Although, I have to bring an item to use for a sales pitch in my interview! Ahhh! Did either of you hear back, or does anyone else have the interview next week?

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭SNNUS

Went for Operations team leader yesterday In swords, tough interview but went ok I think, was in there for about an hour, 30 mins waiting and filling in forms and about 25 mins interview.

Hi Nimbot and Daz19,
    I thought the assessments the other day were grand, got a call there to say I'm through to 2nd round interviews next wed in the airport! Although, I have to bring an item to use for a sales pitch in my interview! Ahhh! Did either of you hear back, or does anyone else have the interview next week?

No way nice one didnt hear anything so that may be that!! Congrats though

Hi Nimbot and Daz19,

Blondeprincess when did you do the test??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37 peterdaly

I just emailed looking for a result on the online evaluation, I only received the automated response. Well done to those that got the jobs and even an interview.

Should I still be hoping they are still going to call people in for 1st round interviews?

Advertisement