Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

500 new DAA Jobs But ''No Vacancies'' On DAA Website??

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,239 ✭✭✭Elessar

sorry Elessar I just want to clarify: did they actually tell you you were successful in the 1st round interview and would get a second round interview?

Yes, why?

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Coddlemonster

I was just wondering because I did a first round interview last week and haven't heard anything back....

I felt I did a good interview, I was well prepared and got some positive noises from the interviewer so I was surprised to see you got called the very next day!

Also i know that they checked out my references.

I was told it will be next week before I get the details of the second round. Might be the same for you.

ok thanks... the old head goes into overdrive in these situations!:eek:

I spoke too soon, just got the call there, second round on Tuesday in T2!

Recruitment told me to expect it to be more intense. It's a two panel job.

*gulp*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭2qk4u

Am I being negative by thinking that if I have not been called by now Im not getting called ?

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭ladymuck

2qk4u wrote: »
    Am I being negative by thinking that if I have not been called by now Im not getting called ?

Ah I think im the same...............never heard squat.:eek::eek:

Do you think we should forget it.

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭Princess Zelda

I got a thanks but no thanks email today, so they might just be working through them. Obviously didn't answer the questions right. Ah well....best of luck everyone who got through!

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭HigsBoson

I got a thanks but no thanks email today, so they might just be working through them. Obviously didn't answer the questions right. Ah well....best of luck everyone who got through!

I haven't been called for an interview but also haven't recieved an email saying my application was unsuccessful. They said all applicants would be notified either way so I don't really know how to interperet this. maybe they are working there way through applications. Zelda, did you apply for more than than one position? If so did the email refer to only a certain position or your application in general?

Elessar wrote: »

*gulp*

that's great just be yourself - it got you this far! best of luck.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 389 ✭✭Anna23

I got an email myself saying I was unsuccessful so best of luck to whoever was...I guess 9000 was plenty 2 choose from. :D The reply below.... but I don't know if this is an answer to all 3 jobs I have applied for or just one. AND THEY CANT spell "Caliber"

Dear Applicant,

Thank you for your interest in the exciting opportunities presented by the opening of Terminal 2 at Dublin Airport. We have received an unprecedented number of applicants, the calibre of which was very high.
    All applicants for these positions have completed the online evaluation sent to you.
    The online evaluations results received were also of a very high standard.
    Consequently on this occasion we cannot progress your application to the next round.
    We are not in a position to offer individual feedback at this time.
    We would like to take this opportunity to again thank you for your interest in these vacancies and we would also like to draw your attention to the other positions available through the CPL group which are posted on www.cpl.ie or www.flexsource.ie

Kind Regards,

The Flexsource Resourcing Team

• Registered Users Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭furiousox

I haven't heard anything since the confirmation mail for the online test.
    I'm pretty sure at this stage the answer is 'thanks, but no thanks' but it would be nice to be told one way or the other.

CPL 593H

• Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭trishasaffron

Anna23 wrote: »
    I got an email myself saying I was unsuccessful so best of luck to whoever was...I guess 9000 was plenty 2 choose from. :D The reply below.... but I don't know if this is an answer to all 3 jobs I have applied for or just one. AND THEY CANT spell "Caliber"

Dear Applicant,

Thank you for your interest in the exciting opportunities presented by the opening of Terminal 2 at Dublin Airport. We have received an unprecedented number of applicants, the calibre of which was very high.
    All applicants for these positions have completed the online evaluation sent to you.
    The online evaluations results received were also of a very high standard.
    Consequently on this occasion we cannot progress your application to the next round.
    We are not in a position to offer individual feedback at this time.
    We would like to take this opportunity to again thank you for your interest in these vacancies and we would also like to draw your attention to the other positions available through the CPL group which are posted on www.cpl.ie or www.flexsource.ie

Kind Regards,

The Flexsource Resourcing Team

oh dear ..........calibre is spelt calibre in Ireland - its spelt caliber in the US!! So it wasn't DAA who spelt it wrongly ..........

• Registered Users Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Grawns

funny :D

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭irishbrain

Anna23 wrote: »

Dear Applicant,

Thank you for your interest in the exciting opportunities presented by the opening of Terminal 2 at Dublin Airport.

I don't like how they use the term 'exciting opportunities' to describe what you have just missed out on. Opportunities alone might have sufficed. It's a bit like somebody telling you at a barbeque; "sorry mate, but all of the really tasty sausages have already been eaten"

No need.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭2qk4u

Ive still heard nothing. Best of luck to everyone that has been called for interview..

2qk4u wrote: »
    Ive still heard nothing. Best of luck to everyone that has been called for interview..

Well I still have not heard anything as well.............. :rolleyes: (don’t mind got work );)

I think the Feck off no thanks e-mail is very inconsiderate to be honest. I was a little shocked reading it... are they for real! All (I have loads) I got are very sensitive to the fact ur looking for work. I think personally it inappropriate:eek:

I think they were not prepared for the recruitment as anyone I have spoken to that’s hiring is well prepared for the large amount of applicants. They should have replied by now to all applicants considering they are on round 2 of interviews.
    Not very professional of The Flexsource Solutions Resourcing Team. :mad:

To all those that got called well done and best of luck!!:D
    To all those they have not bothered to reply to (and it’s a little late now considering all their e-mail's of prompt response....:mad:) best of luck in your future job search:D

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭the_big_kahuna

I maybe wrong but because we haven't received a "No thanks" email, does not mean we will not get an interview! :)

With the amount of applications they received, it only makes sense that they are working through the applications and getting them in for interview as they go along. It would take too long to go through all applications, then have a list of people and start doing interviews. So people getting to round 2 now and people not hearing yet shouldn't make a difference! :) It's a long process!!

Here's still hoping! :cool:

HigsBoson wrote: »
    I haven't been called for an interview but also haven't recieved an email saying my application was unsuccessful. They said all applicants would be notified either way so I don't really know how to interperet this. maybe they are working there way through applications. Zelda, did you apply for more than than one position? If so did the email refer to only a certain position or your application in general?

Sorry for only getting back to you now. I just applied for one position. I got the same email as has been put up here (yeah bit of a kick in the teeth to say the whole "exciting opportunities"). The only thing I can think of is maybe there is those who failed outright, those who passed outright, and maybe those who are bordering, so they are combing through the cvs now to see who to bring for interview maybe. I hope you all get good news.

:eek:Hi All,

I personally think If you have not heard by now (including me!) =Tis over

I hope I am proved wrong...........:D

I e-mailed them today for the crack and this is what I got back:

Dear,

Thank you for your mail. We will be in touch in due course in relation to the prove it test results.

Kind Regards,

Flexsource DAA Resource Team

They never even bothered putting in a name. Well I laughed:D If it was an automatic reply........... Surely they could manage dear sir / madam. :confused:

I honestly have to say they don’t inspire me with their professionalism...:cool:

All jobs advertised at the moment get a massive amount of applicants. It would be naive to think that DAA jobs wouldn’t and I think the recruitment process has been very poor with replies to applicants.
    (Considering initial promise- 2 day turn around) – Not a quality service

I was surprised they didn’t get more applicants for these jobs. :p Any job advertised now is getting over 100 cv’s.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 35 busbybabe

Good news for anyone who is still waiting to find out if they have gotten to the first interview stage.A friend of mine who works for cpl recruitment, has told me they are still going over the PROVE IT online test results.
    So if you haven't heard anything from them yet about your test results,don't panic as there is still the possibility that you will get an opportunity of a first interview.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 vanman

wonder how many irish will get these jobs,irish wont work for the low wages that they will be paying,non nationals will because they can draw social welfare as well-irish cannot draw social welfare as well-thats thats the difference

vanman wrote: »
    wonder how many irish will get these jobs,irish wont work for the low wages that they will be paying,non nationals will because they can draw social welfare as well-irish cannot draw social welfare as well-thats thats the difference

How can non nationals claim social welfare as well as work at t2?

busbybabe wrote: »
    How can non nationals claim social welfare as well as work at t2?

I think it may be one of them there generalisations that some people come out with every so often. Irish people have applied for this job, some were successful, some not. If somebody wants to live over here from another country and work legitimately and provide a good service, more power to them.

I think it may be one of them there generalisations that some people come out with every so often. Irish people have applied for this job, some were successful, some not. If somebody wants to live over here from another country and work legitimately and provide a good service, more power to them.

100% agree with you.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

Applied to the Graduate Program ages ago, had pretty much forgotten about it, but got an email today saying to complete the online aptitude test and if successful I would be called for group screening in August. Don't lose hope yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Grawns

From http://terminal2jobs.jobsmarket.ie/WhatIsApplicationProcess.aspx

You will be notified within 3 working days as to whether or not you have been successful in your CMS evaluation. If successful you will be contacted via phone or email to invite you to a first round interview with Flexsource Solutions. This interview will be scheduled for a time within the following two weeks.

Useless beggers :rolleyes:

Elessar wrote: »

*gulp*

how did the interview go?

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭irishbrain

vanman wrote: »

Interestingly and perhaps another sign of 'unprofessionalism' on the part of Flexsource, the initial email that I received which thanked me for my application also displayed hundreds of other email addresses that the same email was forwarded to. I noticed that the vast majority of the addresses were most likely from Irish applicants.

Secondly, €11.50 per hour is actually a very good rate of pay in comparison to similiar positions which require the same sort of skill levels or experience and I think that there are so many Irish Nationals out there that would be delighted with almost 24k and a secure, pensionable job with promotion oppurtunities to go with it. It is also obviously very accessible to public transport for people coming from a wide area.

• Advertisement

Hi Everyone

Have my 2nd round interview with 2 panel from DAA tomorrow in T2.

Has anyone had their 2nd round yet?

How did it go?
    How long did it last?
    Was it intense? Any random questions you did not expect?
    What were the interviewers like? Pleasent or ?

Advertisement