Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Now that is a long run...The continuing adventires of Hunny Monster

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,149 ✭✭✭plodder

Hope it's going well today. Best of luck for the remainder of it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,096 ✭✭✭--amadeus--

Blog updated

• Registered Users Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭RubyK

Wow, you are doing brilliantly HM (and your crew :D). Hopefully the cooler weather today, will make things a little more comfortable for you. Best of luck for the remaining journey!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,144 ✭✭✭Bally8

Ran a bit with HM today, words cant describe how amazing what she is doing is. The heat, the traffic, the blisters, I dont know how she keeps going. Well done HM you are truely an inspiration. (sorry I didnt overrule the camper driver at Silver Street:()

Oh and her support crew deserve a very special mention- they are fantastic.

Quick update... Utter disaster

It's bad

I dropped my iPhone and shattered the screen (no!!!)

HM powering ahead she's approx 80kms in, mainly due to a strong run in the cool this am. Huge thanks to bally8 (good to put the name to a face) for this morning) and another gang mow - Baza and redb - powering her into Newport soon.

in other news if your iPhone screen shatters Sellotape will fix it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,504 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Quick update... Utter disaster
    Jaysus, don't do that to us, it's not funny! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭racheljev

Jeez man, don't do that! Palpitations all round! Keep going Jo, you're brilliant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,608 ✭✭✭donothoponpop

+1, my heart jumped!

Great going, well done Jo, inspirational stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭kingQuez

powering her into Newport soon.

Wow, just looked newport up on google maps -- it's a long way from malin!

Remember what Bilbo used to say: "It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to."

Keep up the great work HM!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,832 ✭✭✭littlebug

+1
    oh my heart :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭louthandproud

Missed all of this due to exams..:confused:

Anyway unbelievable stuff yet again HM! Best of luck with the rest the run!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭Macanri

Congrats on the great running to date HM and all the very best for tomorrow. Absolutely amazing and incomprehensible stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,492 ✭✭✭Woddle

Lets keep this thread positive.
    Please use other thread for debating other points of view. Thanks
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055920394

• Registered Users Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭kingQuez

Just spotted a quick update from the guys on the road:

http://malintomizenrun.blogspot.com/2010/05/brief-update.html

Folks updates will be very patchy for the next 48 hours. We have a plan that I think only people who are seriously sleep deprived could think makes sense!

I still have some work to do (real life paid stuff!) so I can't linger but once more a public appeal - if you are in the areas we are going through please come out and sign a form. If you are a runner (or biker) with local knowledge of teh area and byways to help us navigate the twisty bits thats even better. I have some names and numbers from PMs - I'll be in touch tomm.

All bull aside because it's too late and I'm too tired but I can't get my head around what is keeping that woman going. The support crew are on the ragged edge and we just have to watch her! This has been intense and the next 48 hours promise to be something that I'll be telling my grand-children about. There is stuff going on, we all know that. Different sides will give different versions, thats life and thats competition. For me I am just focussed on getting HM to Mizen Head. Along the way we will get as much colaborative evidence as we can. I'll submit that to the GWR people and I am sure others will have (and are welcome to) have thier say. GWR will decide what they decide and you know what? Whatever that is I'll live with it because my conscience is clear.

Now you lazy gits - are you going to sit in offices or in front of the TV for the next two days or are you going to get your backsides out and try to make a teeny, tiny bit of history?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭rainbowdrop

Hey Jo!! I'm in Kilmallock......

If your staying in Deebert House, I'l come and see you off in the morning.......

Hey Jo!! I'm in Kilmallock......

If your staying in Deebert House, I'l come and see you off in the morning.......

We leave in a car at approx 4:30 but we have independent witnesses with good local knowledge for teh first stretch but should be back in Kilmalock again between 9 and 10ish if you are still around?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭shels4ever

We leave in a car at approx 4:30 but we have independent witnesses with good local knowledge for teh first stretch but should be back in Kilmalock again between 9 and 10ish if you are still around?

best of luck again today looks like it maybe a hot one again :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭rainbowdrop

Just drove past Jo in Bruff, Co Limerick and she's looking good:D

It's sunny here,but not too hot.....Yet!!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Splinter

absolutely phenomonal effort folks, HM, you are a true hero and whatever happens, this is something you should ALWAYS be proud of.

awesome job out of the crew also and all those that made it out to help :)

i've emailed links around the office and to anyone i know :)

great work

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭ManFromAtlantis

keep it up hunnymonster.
    you have so much ground behind you.

i dont know how youre doing it.
    you did the first 26.2 much faster than i have ever done.

really sorry i couldnt get to run a bit with you but new borns and teh like.
    anyways, C'mon CREW pass on our best wishes.:D

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I got tired just READING this thread. Good luck to all!!

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭RedB

Ran with HM yesterday evening approx 10M from near Killoscully north of Newport to past Murroe when she stopped at 9.22pm. Baza1976 was already running with them when BB and I met her and all the support crew. She was in good form and took off like a rabbit after a food break while we were standing around doing the introductions. She was running really well and it was a lovely evening for us to be out but Lord knows how she felt. We did our best impression of 'Bodyguards minding Madonna out running' and boy did she deserve it. She stopped at about 95km for the day and part of that was because it was starting to get dark. Straight away she wanted to know what time it got bright at and as BB's 405 predicted 5:20ish sunrise she declared a 4:30am wakeup and running ASAP after that as they'd have to commute back to the start point from the accomodation 25km away.
    BB and I had to run 6M on after that to where we'd left our car as we'd intended to meet them after Newport. We intended meeting up with them again this morning and getting in a few more miles but it turned out we couldn't arrange that at short notice despite our intentions :(.

She and the support team are doing an amazing job and are really digging deep so if anyone can run a mile with her or even witness her going by then it would help so much. Come on folks! Its one of our own!

• Registered Users Posts: 918 ✭✭✭MarieC

anyone know her route/timeline from here to the end?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭RedB

MarieC wrote: »
    anyone know her route/timeline from here to the end?

She has nearly 200km to go and did 95km yesterday so it'll be

KILMALLOCK
    Charleville
    Liscarrol
    Kanturk
    Banteer
    Trathcoole
    Macroom
    Kealkill
    BANTRY
    Carrigboy
    Teomore
    Golen
    MIZEN HEAD

I'm guessing she'll hit Macroom tonight and maybe Mizen tomorrow night

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭jeffontour

All the best for the home stretch. Keep the spirits up and drive it home.

Will be in the Mizen area around 9 tomorrow night so will try get in touch and maybe even witness the relief as you all finish!

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭damoz

Best of luck to the finish. At least it should be a bit cooler today/tomorrow with a tail wind !!

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭Daithi BC

Hope the Northerly wind is helping. Time to start counting down the miles to zero.

Update from the phone...

Kilallock school blew us away, a couple of hundred kids lining both sides of the street screaming "jo jo jo jo jo" as herself ran through. Wow

I doubt the blog will get updated again until we finish as all laptops are dead and we won't be anywhere to recharge. Not far from kanturk, will be resting in millstreet for a while and making detailed plans for this evening from there.

• Advertisement

As the blog is down a big thanks to Ger (of pearl izumi fame) who not only landed down with fresh gear but cycled all morning as well. Top bloke and I still expect those beers!

Advertisement