Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Now that is a long run...The continuing adventires of Hunny Monster

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭MoonDancer

Wow, you're doing so well!!!!
    I'm checking in all day to get updates on this!
    Well done Hunnymonster & crew!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 220 ✭✭Aids By Google

Best of luck with this. Wishing you well HM :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭Aimman

Wow, fantasic feat. No better person to do it. Best of luck.

I'm doing the Intel 10k at 11, then heading to Longford afterwards, but you'll have passed through there by 11:45 according to your schedule. I could turn off at Mullingar and head for Ballymahon and drive up to Longford and keep an eye out for you. If I can ditch the car somewhere, I can join you for a couple of miles. :)

Might even save you a bit of Brack from the post race grub! lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭ToniTuddle

Just noticed the thread. Good luck with it all! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,096 ✭✭✭--amadeus--

In the van about to drive back to our start point. Oh my god this is early!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

Story in the Irish Times this morning

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,832 ✭✭✭littlebug

Incredible stuff. I can't get my head around the fact that HM ran 100k yesterday and is setting off to do it all again today...and tomorrow... and the next day...
    Just brilliant. Best of luck for the rest of the journey.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭racheljev

I did 8 miles this morning and I'm wrecked - Jo, you're amazing, hope you've a great day today.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,088 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

belcarra wrote: »
    She's up on the Player now.
    Speed up to 7:40 and that's where it begins.
    An English transcription would be useful!:D

I understood it perfetly, for those that didn't it's basically boiled down to "HunnyMonster goes for a long run followed by a camper van and some guy on a bike". :D

You guys really should have paid more attention in school, admitedly I didn't bother with turning the sound on though. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭ronanmac

Nice piece in the Times. Best of luck today, Hunnymonster and crew!

• Advertisement

Very tough day, nightmare start on tiny boreens, couldn't find out start point so kicked off almost an hour late. Just made it to enniskillen now. Progress is slow but we can add some time on this evening to compensate. Kc can you update map with gps for eniskillin and I'll send more later

• Registered Users Posts: 19,504 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Very tough day, nightmare start on tiny boreens, couldn't find out start point so kicked off almost an hour late. Just made it to enniskillen now. Progress is slow but we can add some time on this evening to compensate. Kc can you update map with gps for eniskillin and I'll send more later

Where is HM?

Keep up the fine work, Amadeus, Mrs A and Zippy.
    And of course HunnyMonster. The legend continues.
    Amadeus: Sounds like you should stop off at a bike shop, and buy a gel saddle cover. :)

Oh, and save a waypoint on a GPS device, every day when you finish! (along with a marker on the road).

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭jeffontour

Best of luck for the days ahead. Great start yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭DULLAHAN2

Just after watching her on Nuacht fair play. Best of luck with it. Can some tell me When is she expected in longford?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭asimonov

Anyone else running tomorrow morning / mid-day ? If you want to sync up - just PM me

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Awesome stuff. Good luck HM.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭RoadKillTs

Best of luck HM. Some run!

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭a123

Also mentioned in Irish Indo

Picture in the hard copy not online unfortunately!

Well done Jo (and crew; I know thats not nearly as hard but you should qualify for special record too:D)

Lots of problems today, still 10 kms from ballinarobe (gps 54.0437 n 7.7053w kc). Heat is a killer so Jo is taking a quick rest and will be jumping in a cold shower in 10. Navigation very tricky. Will update more later

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,612 ✭✭✭gerard65

Thought about her as I struggled on my little 10K this morning. Its must be really tough in that heat. Still finding it difficult to get my head around the distance of this run.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,504 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Where is HM? @ 2:30pm today.

What kind of problems are you having Amadeus? Anything we can help with?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭Aimman

Ah, that explains it. I drove from Athlone to Longford, hoping to see you all on the road and join you for a few miles. Got worried when I get nearer to Longford and no sign. Hope all goes well. Its hot out there today. I'll be in Longford town for a while, I'll keep an eye out for you in case you pass through while I'm wandering the streets.

If ANYONE can join us this afternoon that would be a huge help daithi is coming out but she needs moral support and is sick of my voice! 097 9675106 to coordinate

• Registered Users Posts: 2,445 ✭✭✭Jako8

Keep up the good work everyone! :)

I'll join in when ye get down near Mallow. Maybe... :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,612 ✭✭✭gerard65

Hope all OK this evening. It must have been very tough out there today with little shade. It was bad luck that the weather turned too good.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,080 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

What's the route for tomorrow?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 6,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭silvervixen84

Best of luck with the rest of the challenge HM, it's an amazing feat :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭Killerz

Keep it up, HM! Sounds like great team support out there, and excellent to see the press coverage aswell - well deserved.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

:eek:

Fair play to you, woman!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭cunavalos

Amadeus-What time are you planning to start in kilmallock on monday and what time(approximate) do you think you will be in kanturk i hope to be able to join you for part of this leg

Advertisement