Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Now that is a long run...The continuing adventires of Hunny Monster

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭rovers_runner

This forum is turning into a fine advertisment for Boards AC in the last few days..........

Best of luck to Jo for the last 20 or so miles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭folan

Go Jo!

is this the route the cycle uses?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,096 ✭✭✭--amadeus--

Lads cool the jets on the distance online mapping does NOT go all the way to the lighthouse now down to a walk but 40 km as verified by the aa to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,964 ✭✭✭✭Stark

folan wrote: »
    Go Jo!

is this the route the cycle uses?

The cycle takes the longer scenic route around the coast I think.
    kennyb3 wrote:
    I hope you are joking, but it appears not. as a moderator i would expect better. move along now before your reported

Reported for what?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭kingQuez

Lads cool the jets on the distance online mapping does NOT go all the way to the lighthouse now down to a walk but 40 km as verified by the aa to go.

Hope spirits are still going strong and nobody's resorted to tampering with the lucozade ;)

• Advertisement
  • Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

This thread has been cleaned up and off topic posts moved to a new thread. Please stay on topic from now on, there wont be a second warning.

I have been in somewhat dragged into the world of Ultrarunning since this forum started. I dont understand it, I'm a sprinter, I sprinted 100m for Ireland and even then I preferred the 60m indoors. My friend ran the 1500 and I thought THAT was nuts.

I was lying in bed last night thinking about all the stuff going on and something donottopofthepopchopshop wrote to me really hit home. Through all of this there is a woman out there somewhere in the dark.... running.

I dont give too monkeys about records, times or egos. I'm here to cheer for Jo. For what she's doing and the charitable benefit that will come from it. I dont know her, never met her (I think!) but I'm proud of her and quite proud to have Boards associated with this.

So, I'm cheering for Jo. Not for records, not for egos, not for genders, not for politics.

I'm cheering for the woman who ran through the night.

GO! JO! GO!

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 918 ✭✭✭MarieC

here here!

can we have a virtual party for her when its all done? Will there be cake?? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

Been following this on here and the news and it's unbelievable what Jo is capable of!
    I can barely run 100metres but the effort gone into this is inspirational.

KEEP IT UP JO, BEST OF LUCK WITH THE HOME STRETCH!!:)

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

MarieC wrote: »
    here here!

can we have a virtual party for her when its all done? Will there be cake?? :rolleyes:
    Theres ALWAYS room for cake.

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭Aimman

COME ON JO!!!!

Dont forget the lap of honour and the 2 days warm down run afterwards. Body will probably go into shock if you suddenly stopped running.

Fair play to you, tremendous!!!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭belcarra

DeVore wrote: »
    Theres ALWAYS room for cake.

DeV.
    ...but it'll be virtual cake :-(

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

belcarra wrote: »

It just doesn't satisfy in the same way :(

belcarra wrote: »
    if theres one thing Portal has thought me, its that often, virtual cake is a lie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,612 ✭✭✭gerard65

Do we have an ETA. Could be very close now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭Aimman

folan wrote: »
    if theres one thing Portal has thought me, its that often, virtual cake is a lie.
    HAHA, I was going to say that but didnt think anyone would get it. :D Great song at the end of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭CompFix

Have been following this thread & your blog all the way, very inspiring. You've done a great thing for The Carer's Association.

But but but.... if you watch the credits... there IS a cake.

Ok, wow... how off topic did that go. So back to HunnyMonster... (does she like cake? STOP IT TOM!!!)

I'm sitting in Malta following this... its fascinating, cant wait to here from the lady herself but I think she might need a bit of a rest. :)

DeV.

A bit of a rest? I think this deserves the rest of the year off!

When i heard of the cycle I was asking about earlier, I thought people doing it were insane.

This? This is something immense! its terrifing that someone would do it!

I can only speculate as to the feeling of reaching the finishline there

• Registered Users Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭metamorphosis

ALMOST THERE JO! WAHAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭MoonDancer

Do you think her arrival will be televised live?

• Advertisement

I was looking for a webcam on Mizen Head. This is the closest:
    http://www.tubes.ie/7/webcam/tubes-webcam.html

Could be a scene HM is looking at right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭a123

Come on Jo! You can do it!

Have been rooting for you all weekend, my heart has been in my mouth and I don't think the laptop was ever shut down in case I missed anything.

You are fantastic! Best of luck girl.

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭Magnet

So wish I could`ve been there for the finish - must be some buzz!!
    Those Endorhins are gonna be class....:D:eek::D:eek::D
    :pac:..............

Update from --Amadeus-- at 15:26.

"She is walking but at a good clip. Genuinely no idea if we will crack 15 but going for it!"

Not sure what is her location or distance left....If I hear I will post update

Aaaagh the suspense is killing me!!
    I keep refreshing the page to check for updates :o

MoonDancer wrote: »
    I keep refreshing the page to check for updates :o

ditto!!! Now if she could get it done before I have to leave the office and internet that would be just super! :p

I would LOVE to be there and see whats going on, I bet there are crowds of people waiting to applaud her!

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭Tipsygypsy

Such an amazing woman! What a fantastic thing to do. I am just in complete awe.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,166 ✭✭✭enda1

That's some feat!

Where can you follow her progress online?
    Pity I only saw it today...

• Advertisement

enda1 wrote: »
    That's some feat!

Where can you follow her progress online?
    Pity I only saw it today...
    Blog here http://malintomizenrun.blogspot.com/

Advertisement