Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Now that is a long run...The continuing adventires of Hunny Monster

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭Zuppy

Hi all.

Finished for the day and will update you all in an hour or so. Need to put some of the details together. Thanks for all the support.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭Aimman

Sorry I didn't get to see you guys along the route, Would have been great to do a few miles with you around Longford, pity you got delayed. I couldn't get back out in the afternoon to try again. Hope the day went well and you get plenty of rest for tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Stokolan

Any chance you can take a detour to waterford :P

Fair play to ya for doing the run. good luck on teh rest of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭locteau

Guys,

Please support her as much as you can, it is very hot out there and it is extremly hard physically and mentally.

Do your best even to follow her for 10min on the bike it's better than nothing :rolleyes:

http://malintomizenrun.blogspot.com/

Seb

• Registered Users Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭baza1976

ZuppyLurk wrote: »
    Hi all.

Finished for the day and will update you all in an hour or so. Need to put some of the details together. Thanks for all the support.

I'd say it was a hell of a day. Hope HM is holding up ok. She's a legend that lady.

Do you Know where ye are starting from in the morning and what time???
    I'll be deffo joining ye.

B

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭The Rook

Cracking stuff Hunnymonster, I was out for an hour this morning and nearly melted so fair play to you. You're an inspiration!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭Dotcomdolly

Fantastic work! Have a great day out there, wish we were nearer so we could get out & give you some company.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭ronanmac

Hope everything is going well. I'd definitely head to the midlands today to join up for a few miles if I wasn't working. I know that's a pretty useless statement considering I'm stuck in work for the day, but I can only imagine how tough the run is in this weather. Best of luck with day three...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭metamorphosis

Hunnymonster - some women for one women.

Best of luck today Jo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,096 ✭✭✭--amadeus--

Full blog on yesterday will be up in approx 30 mins can't link here on fone apologies for v short post!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,088 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Here is the link to the blog for anyone who has missed it so far:

Or it is also linked from amadeus' signature as well, unless you have sigs turned off.

... waiting for the update on yesterdays happenings ...

robinph wrote: »
    Here is the link to the blog for anyone who has missed it so far:

Or it is also linked from amadeus' signature as well, unless you have sigs turned off.

... waiting for the update on yesterdays happenings ...

Thanks Robin, yesterday's update now online!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,612 ✭✭✭gerard65

Just read the update. Great work. Keep it going guys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,608 ✭✭✭donothoponpop

Jo is coming up to Athlone currently, hoping to make Birr by this evening. Feet are very bad from blistering and general overheating issues, but she's still going.

Keep at it girl, nearly halfway!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭ronanmac

Brief updates on the Hunnymonster saga, with pics from a sweltering today, on Nuacht RTE on RTE 1 at 17:45 and on Nuacht TG4 at 18:45.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭asimonov

Scorchio.

HM has gone through athlone and is now on the way to birr. The heat was pretty oppresive earlier on today, but she was pacing herself through it ok. If you live within any reasonable distance of the route try and get out to support her - it's an epic challenge.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭dublinrunner

just read the blog update, literally cannot even begin to comprehend how tough it would be!!! Honestly huge respect and awe!!! Madness!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,612 ✭✭✭gerard65

The weather is due to get cooler for the next couple of days so hopefully it'll bring some relieve. It must be brutal running in that heat, 25c recorded in Carlow today.:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭kingQuez

Caught up with HM and the team for a section today and all I can say is that she's made of hard stuff--what a total legend!

The stone-splitting sunshine and heat seems to be the biggest hurdle at the moment, if there's any way you can to go monster spotting and give some support (even for 10 mins!) it's going to give HM a massive lift.

Great to meet you all today! :)

Hm stopped after approx 70km at doon cross on n62 sw of athlone. Were obv behind original schedule but happy with progress under the conditions full update later on blog and thanks to DP on his detective work on jane I hope to have mote info on her for the blog soon too!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,144 ✭✭✭Bally8

Hey Amadeus are ye still going to be in Long Charlies tonight? If so what time? I would like to come along and see if I can arrange meeting ye tomorrow and running with Jo a bit

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭Jnealon

Well done, keep up the good work. Hopefully it will get a bit cooler from here on in.
    For anyone that missed the Nuacht you can get it on rte player

Hi All

Just a quick note as I need to sleep soon.

Huge thanks to all those who showed up so far. Loads of people going above and beyond for HM. Truly, I thank you.

I could go into detail but the blog will do that. The heat was a killer again. So many blisters at this stage, I am working with a rusty knife. Easier and faster. :) (well I am the lazy one).

We are far off the projected plan so please if your still around to help, please do. Different company makes it easier. We are sorted for a lot of tomorrow but if your there, sign the log to witness us passing.

Todays bodies deserve special mention. The heat while walking was intense. Thanks to you all for travelling from Cork to Galway to Dublin to be with us.

PS: "ONLY 70km in todays heat" never sounded so understated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,120 ✭✭✭Gringo78

any idea what time passhng through birr?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,144 ✭✭✭Bally8

Gringo78 wrote: »
    any idea what time passhng through birr?

As far as I know Gringo she is past Birr and is on the R438 heading towards Borrisokane at the moment

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,120 ✭✭✭Gringo78

Bally8 wrote: »
    As far as I know Gringo she is past Birr and is on the R438 heading towards Borrisokane at the moment

ok makes sense. they obviously turned off at cloghan and are not going by birr at all

Borrisokane in about two hours. Then onwards to nenagh.

Thanks everyone. It's overcast this morning so far thank god.

• Registered Users Posts: 918 ✭✭✭MarieC

amazing work by team HM!

Really sorry I cant come out and support,. I have no car so cant get to ye! best of luck for today, thank feck its cooler says ye!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭eoin ryan

Go on Jo. Keep the faith. Steady as you go. Everyone is behind you girl...!!!!

Advertisement