Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Now that is a long run...The continuing adventires of Hunny Monster

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭ronanmac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭shels4ever

ronanmac wrote: »

Nice to see the Boards singlet :)

Best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 19,504 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Here's an approximate map of the route, and an approximate reference to whereabouts HM is located. I'll update this as often as Amadeus sends me data!

Where is HM?
    8:11am: Almost 30km and going strong.

• Registered Users Posts: 918 ✭✭✭MarieC

O wow, she is some woman for one woman in fairness, all the very best to her!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,470 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Although I've already said it best of luck!
    Great to see boards singlet on RTE :)

• Advertisement

Just to point out: This is not real-time! Updates are only when I receive them.

Where is HM?
    First 42.2km in approx 3:52.
    F****ing Really hard work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭ManFromAtlantis

wow thats pretty quick.
    and must be pretty hot out there.
    we're thinking of ya.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭ronanmac

Running superstar Hunnymonster's world record attempt to feature on Nuacht RTE on RTE1 at 17:40 and on Nuacht TG4 at 19:00.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,608 ✭✭✭donothoponpop

wow thats pretty quick.
    and must be pretty hot out there.
    we're thinking of ya.

If that's correct, then it is a bit quick to be starting off! Hopefully (in the context), its the equivalent to running a too-quick first mile in a marathon, just a bundle of pent-up energy being released. She's some girl!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭kingQuez

Just to point out: This is not real-time! Updates are only when I receive them.

Where is HM?
    First 42.2km in approx 3:52.
    F****ing Really hard work.

Phew, was getting worried just before lunch :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,340 ✭✭✭TFBubendorfer

That is quick indeed. What's that woman trying to do, setting a new world record?
    Oh yeah....

Where is HM?
    2:40pm, double mara in 8:13ish.

>>Location information is a bit dodgy.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,088 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Only on the mobile version of boards at the moment, but has domeone been onto Dav or Darragh about getting an announcement boards.ie wide, and about the Boards AC appearance on the RTE pages?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,088 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Oh, and awsome work with the two marathons done already.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,608 ✭✭✭donothoponpop

robinph wrote: »
    Only on the mobile version of boards at the moment, but has domeone been onto Dav or Darragh about getting an announcement boards.ie wide, and about the Boards AC appearance on the RTE pages?

There's an Boards-wide announcement up top.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,612 ✭✭✭gerard65

ronanmac wrote: »
    Running superstar Hunnymonster's world record attempt to feature on Nuacht RTE on RTE1 at 17:40 and on Nuacht TG4 at 19:00.
    Reminder

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Looking hawt on tv amadeus...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,612 ✭✭✭gerard65

A nice piece there. I had'nt a clue what they we're saying (only did 12 years of Irish in school:rolleyes:). It might get onto the main news later in the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭Zuppy

Many thanks to you all. Without the massive support and goodwill I am sure this would not be possible. (keep it up :) )

Jo is finished for the day and is off to eat and snooze. She sounds in good form. Going to pass on everyones wishes AFTER she has had dinner.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭Daithi BC

Piece on TG4 looked well - good to see the backup crew working hard!

See you all tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭baza1976

Goodman Zuppy, I hope all is going to plan or better.

baza1976 wrote: »
    Goodman Zuppy, I hope all is going to plan or better.

THERE WAS A PLAN!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭geld

Best of luck to HM and all the crew. Hope all goes well. :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

You're doing great Jo, keep it up. You looked like you were doing way better with your running than amadeus was doing with his cycling anyway. :D

Mucho love,

Jealous in Dublin

Best of luck to all!
    Its a fantastic effort and a great idea.

Makes me feel like a fat tub of lard though :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,144 ✭✭✭Bally8

Well done Hunnymonster and best of luck for the rest of the run. I really wanted to be able to come support ye on Sunday in Nengh but cant be there unfortunately. You are truely inspirational.

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭Daithi BC

Anyone else joining in on the route tomorrow?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,096 ✭✭✭--amadeus--

Full update later, my cycling is better when I have a saddle not a razor under my bum and proper peddals!

I think niall hit the big numbers 1st mara 3:52, double mara in 8:12ish 100Kms in 9:59. All sorts of stuff hit in the last 10km so no gps or time for the finish point (will get it tomm am)

Jo is in great form, no aches or pains but very tired. Off for a massage ATM I'll update the blog later

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭belcarra

She's up on the Player now.
    Speed up to 7:40 and that's where it begins.
    An English transcription would be useful!:D

Advertisement