Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Marvel vs Capcom 3 discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Fresh off its Game Critics win for Best Fighting Game at E3, Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds heads to Comic-Con with even more awesome in tow.

Today we can unveil four new faces have been added to the roster…… Capcom’s Chun Li (Street Fighter) and Trish (Devil May Cry) and Marvel’s Doctor Doom and Super Skrull.

Get set for the ultimate 3-on-3 faceoff when Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds hits PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 in Spring 2011.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Super Skrull! **** yeah!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

I'm hype just because Doom appears to have a remix of his theme from MSH which was awesome.

Odd that they chose Trish over Nero when the devil bringer could have given him a very interesting playstyle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Misty Chaos

Chun Li and Doom: no surprise there. They were definitely going to be in.

The Super Skrull looks like a good substitute for the Fantastic Four as he has all their abilities rolled into one.

Trish was the only surprise to me, pretty unexpected IMO. I thought there would be only Dante from DMC in MvC3 but alas, I'm proven wrong. I suppose this means we might see Sheva to go along with Chris.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

DooM is pleased by Doom.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

Chun li does some sort of guard break/crush/focus attack and crumples chris.

he crumples after the kikoken/f.hp though it may have started with the df.hk.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

I suppose this means we might see Wesker to go along with Chris.

Fixed it for you. It's rather cool that Trish is in, she's very cool. And Super Skrull is clever way to make the entire FF playable!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

Wonder if they'll add SF4 characters into this game. Trish kinda reminded me of viper there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Generic_name01

Man wesker makes too much sense for this game. Seeing trish just gives me hope that we'll get another resi character. Though Jill is all knug fu herself now so it could be her... Hope to god its Wesker though. And he HAS to get to throw his shades at the screen. :D

After him all I need is Phoenix Wright or Miles Edgeworth and I'll die a happy fanboy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

21_mvc3screen15.jpg

Also, Phoenix Wright, Punisher, Emma Frost and Ghost Rider are not in the game. They start talking about cut characters from about 30:00 in this stream

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

AMATERASUUUUUU!!! :3

*edit*
    21_mvc3screen18.jpg

OMG, she has her rosary beads and her glaive as selectable (switchable?) weapons!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

I see they're using Thor's current comic/movie costume, instead of his classic one. I suspect he'll be rather good!

NO GHOST RIDER????!!!!!

Capcom is dead to me, I have cut them from my heart.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

NO GHOST RIDER????!!!!!

Capcom is dead to me, I have cut them from my heart.

Ghost rider is overrated and his comics are usually boring.

There, I said it.

Ghost rider is overrated

By who? Last I checked I was the only person that liked him.

By who? Last I checked I was the only person that liked him.
    Doom just holds you in extremely high regard. Take it as a compliment.

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭FoamyMushroom

Awesome Trish is gonna be in it, shes from DMC for people who where curious.. (I remember someone asking me yesterday who she was) :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,985 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Really not liking those character models.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭unky chop chop

I'm not a fan of the graphic style they settled on at all.
    Looks too shiny..Like Killer Instinct or something

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

I think it looks awesome

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

I liked the other pics but in the first pic, Thor looks teribad. But **** it I'll still play ST, as long the mechanics are good I don't care what it looks like.

Gotta say that while I enjoyed playing TvC, I'm still not a fan of the three attacks as opposed to having specific kicks/punches. Could be just a matter of getting used to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭GorySnake

No Phoenix Wright makes me sad.

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Generic_name01

Agreed...:(

Since he just barely missed being in TVC I figured he'd make it... Maybe we'll be getting Miles since he had a game this year and I think capcom and marvel said they'd be using characters from current licenses that matter now or something to that effect. EG Thor got a movie so now he finallly becomes playable. Same for deadpool what with being in every marvel comic now!

Still got me fingers crossed for someone from ace attorney

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

Trish looks interesting, a bit like Testament from Guilty Gear.

Yreval wrote: »
    Trish looks interesting, a bit like Testament from Guilty Gear.

Testament is "interesting" in more ways than one. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2010/jul/28/marvel-vs-capcom-3-comic-con-details-roundup/
    • Capcom is thinking about doing a demo for MvC3, but they're not sure what form it would take at this point.

• Seth Killian said the whole cast is almost finalized at this point, but there could be a switch or two.

• It was stated again that the Fantastic Four will not be playable characters.

• Balance issues will not plague Marvel vs. Capcom 3, like they did MvC2.

• Every character in Marvel vs. Capcom 3 will have their own ending in story mode. These endings will feature other characters from the Marvel and Capcom franchises — even people that aren't playable like Ghost Rider and Man-Thing.

• Amaterasu can change her weapon to alter her attacks depending on what she wants to do. She also has a Hyper move that slows down time and makes it possible to land some combos that wouldn't be possible otherwise.

• Felicia currently has the smallest hitbox in the game, even smaller than Amaterasu, so she can walk under certain Hyper moves and attacks.

• Chun-Li has low stamina right now, but her Lightning Legs are great and she has an outstanding rush down game.

• Character themes will be returning. There will be new songs and updated old favorites in the game. Music has a very techno/dance feel to it so far. Some character themes are recycled from older Marvel and Street Fighter games.

• Depending on the characters you choose, they'll say different things to each other — basically, there is team recognition. If you pick a squad made up of The Avengers, there's specific dialogue related to that.

• Seth said it's too early to say for sure if alternative costumes will be in MvC3, but he thought it was a good idea. [Editor's note: Coupled with other statements previously made, this more than likely means they'll be in the game.]

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭GorySnake

Demo would be brilliant, allow me to try out the game and see if I'd be arsed to pick it up.

Advertisement