Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Marvel vs Capcom 3 discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Misty Chaos

To be quite honest, I think some of those screenshots look horrible, Iron Man looks horribly out of place in his screenshot, for example. I hope that isn't the final version of the graphics engine its running on.

And pardon me, while I haven't played TvC, the idea of a ' one button does everything ' style gameplay sounds retarded, that is definitely going to put off a lot of people, IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,983 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

After five minutes of playing TvC, you get used to the control scheme.

I don't think the TvC controls will be a major issue.

Everyone hated on the idea of four attack buttons in Marvel too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

EventHubs wrote: »
    Here's a list of details and impressions from the write up. • MvC3 is using the Tatsunoko vs. Capcom scheme to be more accessible, but will retain stuff like Hyper Combo cancels, Snapbacks and assists.

• The game will have the alpha, beta and gamma assist types, just like in Marvel vs. Capcom 2.

• MvC3 aims to knock down the wall of complicated controls and open up the field of strategic fighting to all comers. This means fusing the accessible controls of TvC with tried and true MVC2 gameplay.

• The game has simplified launch attacks which are universally performed with one button, the Exchange button. This can also be pressed along with certain directions to slam opponents into the ground, leaving them susceptible to combos. Players can also hit the Exchange button in midair to tag in other team members on the fly. You can also counter exchange moves by guessing the correct exchange move to input at the same time as your opponent.

• Deadpool's teleportation device will comically malfunction if you spam his teleport move. Also, he breaks the fourth wall by beating his opponents with his health bar.

• Chris Redfield uses his weapons from Resident Evil 5, his shotgun and the "shock stick."

• Moves from the previous games seemed to have been retained. Wolverine and Hulks' Supers are shown.

Hitting people with his health bar? Hells yes.
    With regards to controls, TvC still had four buttons right? They just assigned one button for supers, switch outs, baroques and megacrashes, then left the other three for attacks. I've played very little TvC so far, so I cant really judge how well the scheme works in pratice, but it didn't seem like that huge a change for me.
    Of course, as Dunjohn said, using the same button for Tatsu's and Shoryukens feels weird =D

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

I've renamed the thread to simulate the SSF4 discussion thread :D

Gotta admit lads I roll eyes slightly to myself when I see people already jumping on the control schema/ art style. We've NO idea how it'll work out.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

I like easier controls.

Same switch for Guilty Gear (5 buttons - Punch, Kick, Slash, Heavy Slash, Dust) to BlazBlue (Light, Medium, Heavy, Drive).

And VF3 sounds like a pain to play because they ADDED a new button (Evade) -- took Namco to do that right (tap Up/Down). Thankfully it was gone by VF4.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

To be quite honest, I think some of those screenshots look horrible, Iron Man looks horribly out of place in his screenshot, for example. I hope that isn't the final version of the graphics engine its running on.

And pardon me, while I haven't played TvC, the idea of a ' one button does everything ' style gameplay sounds retarded, that is definitely going to put off a lot of people, IMO.

have you played MvC or MvC 2,
    nothing seemes extra ordinary considering it is MvC series.
    As far as screens go, their not even scanned so some skewing is evident but besides that the scale and sprites of characters in MvC were never consistent !

Placebo wrote: »
    have you played MvC or MvC 2,
    nothing seemes extra ordinary considering it is MvC series.
    As far as screens go, their not even scanned so some skewing is evident but besides that the scale and sprites of characters in MvC were never consistent !

Exhibit a: Morrigan.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

What's all this talk of one-button moves in TvC? There was no such thing.

It had light - medium - hard - partner, supers were quarter or half circle with two attacks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

I'd have preferred the traditional six-button layout, but like Chopper said, people were hating on MvC2's control scheme at first and look how that turned out.

Aside from that, Deadpool looks to be as hilarious as first thought.

EDIT: Just saw this on SRK:

http://shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=232443&p=8866668&viewfull=1#post8866668
    --Catch to that is if your opponent presses the same exchange direction as you do in a combo, than they escape your combo and counter with their own. "This exciting rock-paper-scissors element complements the simplification of launching foes into the air, integrating a new fold of strategy for hardcore MvC fans to chew on."

If that's true, it's incredibly stupid.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Sairus wrote: »
    With regards to controls, TvC still had four buttons right? They just assigned one button for supers, switch outs, baroques and megacrashes, then left the other three for attacks. I've played very little TvC so far, so I cant really judge how well the scheme works in pratice, but it didn't seem like that huge a change for me.

Marvel has 6 buttons

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,983 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Dreddybajs wrote: »
    Marvel has 6 buttons

Yeah, but only four are attacks and two are assists.

Dreddybajs wrote: »
    Marvel has 6 buttons
    I was trying to remember if the triggers on the Dreamcast were specialized buttons or just combinations. Shows how long it's been since I properly played Mvc2!

Yeah, but only four are attacks and two are assists.

So what? That doesn't make the assertion that it has 4 buttons any less wrong, you attack people with assists just as much as normals.

edit: No matter how the game turns out this is just another classic Capcom move showing that they have to gear games towards idiots who can't handle a button scheme with the same number of buttons as SF2.

Less buttons = good!

You only have 5 fingers, anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

What's all this talk of one-button moves in TvC? There was no such thing.

If you played with just the Wii remote, there were one button specials and one button Hypers.

I'm not complaining, it was a great way to get non-fighting game fans to play a fighting game (and it really hindered their ability to do normals).

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭GorySnake

I never played TvC, dont have a stick for my Wii. But it looked like a more user-friendly Marvel. I played MvC2 on XBL and thought it was fun but way too much to learn. Hopefully MvC3 will be different. Especially with Dante and Chris Redfield!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Wii remote

:pac:

You could play GGXXAC with a wii remote also, if you were criminally insane.

Some new scans from Famitsu.
    Morrigan's crappy super from TvC is back. I hate that thing.
    372630.jpg

372970.jpg

dcsehx.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Sagat06

I'm sceptical if I'll like the game because of the control system... but it doesnt half look good

a305039b5759ae460cc7b68b6cf0ef14.jpg?v=202200

78da3c1510f432eeb39bd309f9671a41.jpg?v=202200

69b0ed07fa69419d804b346afec8d996.jpg?v=202200

94ffa7dfe79bc51f1789ffe7d95040b7.jpg?v=202200

0c5d49aa97ac6ed01bc021c994bcb59b.jpg?v=202200

61fd9c002d1b24b2f7b6379b043268a0.jpg?v=202200

c55d333194fcbba98db56d5931de9ba7.jpg?v=202200

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Dunjohn

I'm seeing a theme in Chris's moveset.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Ken B

Looks kinda cack.............

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭joconnell

GorySnake wrote: »
    dont have a stick for my Wii.

:pac:

Ken B wrote: »
    Looks kinda cack.............
    While you have every right to say this, I would suggest to reserve judgement until videos flood in.

I think those pictures look quality. Cable/Chris/Sent team is gonna be funny

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Ken B

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    While you have every right to say this, I would suggest to reserve judgement until videos flood in.
    I'll still buy it no doubt.....

its cell shaded, that never looks good in stills.

I quite like the stills but until I see it in motion I am withholding judgement!

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Armitage Shanks1

I hope the cheesy ass lounge music is back.Best part about MVC2 by far :D nah but seriously i hope there is a ridiculous amount of characters.Cant think of who id like to see in it that wasnt in MVC 2 at the moment,just drawin a blank....Deadpool sounds pretty cool though.

• Advertisement

Advertisement