Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Marvel vs Capcom 3 discussion

Options
  • 17-04-2010 10:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭

http://www.shadowloo.com/?p=1447
    Seems it's going to be a cross between mvc2 and sfiv graphics wise.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

IT'S MAHVAL BABEE!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

The character list is going to be ridiculous!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

Interesting :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Robbknoll

Creature wrote: »
    The character list is going to be ridiculous!

Funnily enough this is the only thing thats gotten me excited. I have No.2 but could never get into it, suppose its the getting juggled for half the fight doesnt go down well haha. Combo heavy air juggling games = :( = :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Yeah my first experience of MvC2 was the rerelease so I never really got into it. hopefully I can get in on the hype for the new one!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Generic_name01

According to teamspooky, there will be another character from the resi evil series joining the fray! Hope to god its wesker!

What characters are ye hoping makes it this time?

I dont think the punisher would work as a character but dagnamit capcom better make him and the winter soldier happen! And Gene from godhand makes too much sense not to happen!

And hopefully phoenix wright! He was meant to be in TvC and he had a special move where he attacks with speech bubbles but in the english translation, the attack would take up too much of the screen so he was scrapped... Shame.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

On a small aside I hope no one was paid to write that article, the english in it is atrocious!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,983 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

This game needs Deadpool!

deadpool-shoryuken.jpg

The first time I read that was waaay before pop culture references were cool and I near crapped myself with laughter.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

We got some news :

• Confirmed characters so far are Wolverine, Spider-Man, The Hulk, Magneto, Storm and a few others will return.

• The Marvel vs. Capcom 3 development team said they will be blowing fans out of the water with the sheer number of characters this game includes on the disc.

• This will be another 2D fighter — gameplay-wise — but will be something of a cross between the original Marvel vs. Capcom 2 and Street Fighter 4.

• The rumored release date is late 2010 or early 2011 on the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360, no plans right now for other systems.

• The game will run in 1080p resolution.

• It will be a disc-based release.

• Apparently the game will have unlockables again.

• Marvel vs. Capcom 3 will be playable at this year's E3 which is held on June 15 - 17th.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Dunjohn

Hope Roll's not in it. She's been getting cuter and cuter over the years; she's way cuter in Tatsunoko vs Capcom than she was in MVC2. I was playing as Golden Lightan and Sairus made me wail on the adorable little girl with my giant metal fists of doom.... it was the most traumatic gaming experience I've had since Sairus convinced me those crows in Resident Evil were background opbjects and wouldn't attack if I ran past. It was like kicking a sleeping kitten. Please, Capcom, no more! She only wants to open a hospital to help people!

Also, bring back Megaman X, not that horrible square Pinnochio crime from TvC.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Needs Dante and Ghost Rider, then I'll buy it no matter how broke-ass it is.

Seig from Chaos Legion would also be epic, but afaik he's from a Japanese novel series so Capcom probably lost the rights to use him ages ago anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Speed Boat

The press embargo or gag or whatever it is on the captivate conference runs out tomorrow so we'll hear some more concrete stuff I'd say.

Fingers crossed!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

I literally haven't a fkin clue whats going on in MvC2 , but more 2d fighting games being released makes me happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭PPC

I is a happy doombunny,

SHINKUU HADOKEN!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Art style looks pretty interesting. Kind of hard to tell how similar the ingame is from that one shinkuu at the end, but still, colour me curious =D
    It moves very similar to TvC, so I assume they're using similar engines. Tis a shame. I hated the way TvC looked/moved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭Xluna

Would have preferred a Capcom vs Snk or a Darkstalkers game,but this looks good. I hope Hsein Ko/Lei lei is included.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Dunjohn

Class.

Anybody able to identify the silhouettes on the company logos? I don't know Marvel characters well enough to guess. Capcom's not much easier, that could be Chun-Li at CO. The guy at AP is wearing suit trousers but doesn't have Phoenix Wright hair. Viewtiful Joe at CA.

Hopefully team america will be intact and I can play Guile Cap America Charlie.

Imagine the annoyance I would be able to induce!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Sagat06

Keep that sh*t in single player mode Doom!!

Sagat06 wrote: »
    Keep that sh*t in single player mode Doom!!

Ok, I will stick to Wolvie. Hopefully his ridiculously high damage airthrow will be intact... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

They HAVE to make Morrigan's model look like the one in TvC!! (lame joke)

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    They HAVE to make Morrigan's model look like the one in TvC!! (lame joke)

Screw that. Has to be the 2d sprite.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Dunjohn wrote: »
    Class.

Anybody able to identify the silhouettes on the company logos? I don't know Marvel characters well enough to guess. Capcom's not much easier, that could be Chun-Li at CO. The guy at AP is wearing suit trousers but doesn't have Phoenix Wright hair. Viewtiful Joe at CA.

I don't know much about MArvel but was Deadpool one of the shadowed people on the logo? I can see a sword on one of their backs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Xinkai

It's going to run off the same engine that was used in TVC.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Dunjohn wrote: »

The best I can guess at left to right:
    Capcom:
    Viewtiful Joe, Frank West, Alpha Cammy, Chun Li, Wesker/Dante (on account of the trenchcoat)

Marvel:
    Captain America (little wing yokes on the head), Doctor Doom (hood/cloak), Deadpool, ???, Thor?

EDIT: I take back Viewtiful. No cape or spikey things on head.
    Xinkai wrote: »
    It's going to run off the same engine that was used in TVC.
    It's running on the MT Framework - that's the one used in Lost Planet 2 and Resident Evil 5.

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Monkeyto

I was **** at MvC2.

No doubt I'll be **** at MvC3.

Excuse me, If you looking for me I'll be in the Super Street fighter IV thread.

u8vp5.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

Advertisement