Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Marvel vs Capcom 3 discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Dreddybajs wrote: »
    Oh, right. I'm pretty sure that thing that sairus pasted is incomplete anyway as another list I saw had Volnutt on it who is apparently a megaman of some sort
    He's the one from Megaman Legends that appeared in TvC.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Fnutkrumpler

That list is suspicious. It's missing Dormammu(a villain from Dr. Strange), who's already been officially confirmed in the latest trailer. The only way around this would be if he is a non-playable boss character.

Also, it seems odd that they would include two relatively obscure Dr. Strange villains, and leave out the man himself.

In addition, I'm pretty sure I heard somewhere that there would be a couple of third party characters in the game. (Bayonetta was being thrown around as a possibility for a while)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

also no CapCom!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Yeah I'm fairly sure the list Sairus posted is fake, there's another one floating around that looks more likely.

edit: this one:

ryu
    chun
    bison
    volnutt
    roll
    zero
    chris
    wesker
    dante
    trish
    morrigan
    felicia
    joe
    frank
    frankalt_chuck
    mike
    arthur
    wolverine
    storm
    cyclops
    magneto
    spider
    venom
    hulk
    iron
    ironalt_war (war machine?)
    america
    thor
    doom
    skrull
    strange
    dormammu
    deadpool
    marvel

Or to be organized:

Marvel: Spider-Man, Hulk, Wolverine, Mr Fantastic, Captain America, Iron Man, War Machine (alternate Iron Man outfit) Elektra, Thor, X-23, Magneto, Dr Doom, Shuma-Gorath, Emma Frost, Deadpool, Super Skrull, Taskmaster, Juggernaut, She-Hulk

Capcom: Ryu, Mike Haggar, Frank West, Chuck (alternate Frank West outfit), Spencer (Bionic Commando), Dante, Chris, Morrigan, Arthur, Amaterasu , Albert Wesker, Zero, Chun-li, Viewtiful Joe, Trish, Tron Bonne, Hsien-Ko, Akuma, Felicia, Bison, Roll, Volnutt

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

http://gamevideos.1up.com/video/id/30067

Sounds like hyperviper isn't happening, if you trust Killian.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

That list is suspicious. It's missing Dormammu(a villain from Dr. Strange), who's already been officially confirmed in the latest trailer. The only way around this would be if he is a non-playable boss character.

Abyss from 2 wasn't playable, so Dormammu not being playable is possible (if unlikely).

Both lists have Wesker. If he turns out not to be in the game, there'll be trouble...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

8385620100616_070341_7_small.jpg

Also, a look at the exchange counters:

Not as stupid as I was expecting.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Dreddybajs wrote: »
    Marvel: Spider-Man, Hulk, Wolverine, Mr Fantastic, Captain America, Iron Man, War Machine (alternate Iron Man outfit) Elektra, Thor, X-23, Magneto, Dr Doom, Shuma-Gorath, Emma Frost, Deadpool, Super Skrull, Taskmaster, Juggernaut, She-Hulk

Capcom: Ryu, Mike Haggar, Frank West, Chuck (alternate Frank West outfit), Spencer (Bionic Commando), Dante, Chris, Morrigan, Arthur, Amaterasu , Albert Wesker, Zero, Chun-li, Viewtiful Joe, Trish, Tron Bonne, Hsien-Ko, Akuma, Felicia, Bison, Roll, Volnutt
    Highlighting the important ones.

*edit* forgot Mr Crazy

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Highlighting the important ones.

Needs three for a team.

I'm thinking Haggar Taskmaster and Spencer but we'll see how things pain out.

The combo breaker is so-so but I don't like the control layout and I can't think of a way to make it better except maybe :

BC1
    AD2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

Whos arthur? Ghosts n goblins?

• Advertisement

Bush80 wrote: »
    Whos arthur? Ghosts n goblins?

Yup :)

He was an assist character in 1.

I assumes he'll lose his armour in a move :)

I assumes he'll lose his armour in a move :)
    Or it will work something like Vega's mask. If he gets hit a few times/once it falls off.

Also, Seth maybe slipping up and announcing Storm? Could be just a misinterpretation of what he meant to say.

I wonder if Storm will have long (comics) or short (movie) hair.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,985 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    I wonder if Storm will have long (comics) or short (movie) hair.

Punk Mohawk Storm FTW!

3281477669_9d7be41ee7_b.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Dunjohn

Hmm, which do I want to see emerging from a crumbling suit of armour mid-fight, Samus Aran or a midget in boxers....

Punk Mohawk Storm FTW!

3281477669_9d7be41ee7_b.jpg

Pity she was a product of 80's claremont style comics trying to become edgey.

Let me handle this, I am a warrior! This is why I dress like a warrior now. Because I am a warrior, who uses knives because I am a warrior who bet Kallisto (Not Tin) but lsot my powers but that's ok as I'm a totally badass warrior now.

bet Kallisto (Not Tin)
    Because Tin is kinda unbeatable.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Dunjohn

God, he sounds like Capcom will murder him if they find out who he is.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Apparently the list I posted is fake as well, oh well...

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭GorySnake

Game looks good, if its not bat **** insane like MvC2, I'll pick this up and main Dante/Chris/Whoever

Just some clips from EVO.
    You can see Iron Man's Lv.3 Super towards the end of this clip.

I notice that just after the 4:00 mark in the second clip Seth says that "many characters have assist moves". I wonder if that means not everyone can be called in for assists or if it was just a slip of the tongue.

It's looking like it plays very similar to TvC right now, but faster overall character speed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

looking better than the last time i saw it (possibly just vid quality) but i Still think the characters look a bit weird (hulk and morigan espcially so) and it's far too dark.

Not a massive fan of the character models myself, but at least they're consistent throughout the roster.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

looking better than the last time i saw it (possibly just vid quality) but i Still think the characters look a bit weird (hulk and morigan espcially so) and it's far too dark.

you HAVE to be happy with morgon
    YOU HAVE TO BE

come on !!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭GorySnake

I agree, character models look so weird. Attacks look good though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

GorySnake wrote: »
    Attacks look good though.

This attack is hilarious! Uses the health bar to hit the opponent :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Sagat06

animaX wrote: »
    This attack is hilarious! Uses the health bar to hit the opponent :cool:

That guy is going to be too funny

Advertisement