Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Marvel vs Capcom 3 discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Dunjohn

That's pretty much my reaction to all super heroes.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

More news : http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2010/sep/24/mvc3-character-notes-and-rumor-list-debunking/

• Wesker is a teleport master. He can do teleports as very simple Cancels from his moves.

• Tron Bonne does massive damage and has good re-launchers.

• Spider-man has a lot more options, his web swing is actually good now. Maximum Spider is far more effective, it puts you in the air so you can combo right after landing it.

• X-23 is a major rushdown character, high and low attacks, great ways to continue her combos in the air. Also, she has a Blanka type hop move, which can go towards or backwards, but also go in the air and she can Cancel out on the way down with her other moves.

• The player who won the most at the recent Fight Club called Chun-Li the best character in the game. This was the Tokyo Game Show build. Seth added simply that she's, "no slouch."

• Capcom is looking at adding an online practice mode in future fighting games.

All I will say is Chun Li best in another game. Boo yeah.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

http://www.imnextonline.com/2010/09/24/mvc3-tidbits-from-chicago-fight-club-event/
    IMPRESSIONS:
    “Push blocking pushes them anywhere from half to full screen depending on if they were grounded or not.
    Double Snapbacks knock both point and assist character off screen.
    Assists are juggleable if you kill the point and the assist is still being hit by say an assist.
    Skrull’s HCB+A is a really fast close command grab. HCB+B is the mid range one. HCB+C is anti air. Cannot combo into any command grabs.
    I have yet to see an unsafe special move that isn’t Shoryuken.
    Doom felt really good. But he isn’t at all like his MvC2 counterpart. QCFbuttons for Photon Array. =/
    Skrull Tenderizer is ridiculously good. It is safe on block and does so much damage/combo into super.
    Doom/Dante’s missles are overheads. And they are assists. So overhead assists. Hooray unblockables.
    Leading team in the game right now is Trish Skrull Doom in that order.
    Thor is god awful. The way push blocking is Thor will never get in.
    Doom’s level 3 is a hit. He puts you into a cylinder container and gets on his crunk chair and laughs at you as you lose health.
    Chun level 3 is SA3 from 3S.
    Dante’s level 3 is Stinger. Repeatedly.
    Trish’s level 3 is an autocombo with Sparda. Does around 50 hits.
    More will most likely be updated in the future.

GAMEPLAY INFO:
    Pushblocking is way too good. Fullscreen push if they are right up next to you. Madness. Most strings you can pushblock and do super and it’ll land. Whiff recovery is terrible. But allo special moves are basically safe on block.
    Dormammu’s charges are great. If you want to eat Rushdown. You’ll never get chances to do charges unless you pushblock assist charge and pushblock more. Pushblocking is good.
    Air specials that don’t alter movement, they don’t alter movement. But since they have no recovery, you can spam photon shot with Doom all day or trish projectiles and never fall more than a few inches. Runaway galore.
    Supers build meter when they hit.
    Best team right now is Trish Character Doom.
    There’s no reason not to use them.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Interesting game - won't be as big as SF4 because, naturally, it's more complicated (learning three characters + assists). Looks mental though!
    Graphics are really nice on it.

Can be defensive - saw a guy happily sitting at the other side of the screen playing keep away with projectiles - he won a couple of games (and switched the system to winner stays on but that's besides the point)...A challenger walked up and took him apart with Felicia - but Guy A was still able to sit in corner and block (ran into trouble because one of the ~Supers~ of Felicia was a smaller character who crossed him up). But Guy A was resorting to blocking in the corner and it did work somewhat.

Game has already drifted into picking certain characters over and over again - Dante, Deadpool, Ryu all popular choices.

🤪

Sabre0001 wrote: »
    Interesting game - won't be as big as SF4 because, naturally, it's more complicated (learning three characters + assists). Looks mental though!
    Graphics are really nice on it.

You're at Eurogamer Expo right? Did the guy use pushblocking much, or did the other players not manage to get up-close at all? Right now pushblocking seems to be much too powerful.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

Sabre0001 wrote: »
    Game has already drifted into picking certain characters over and over again - Dante, Deadpool, Ryu all popular choices.

This quickly annoyed me at Eurogamer, no one was picking Super Skrull!

http://shoryuken.com/content/first-look-amsterdam-marvel-vs-capcom-3-matches-part-2-2010/

Some good match videos from an event in Amsterdam where MvC3 was being shown.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

Yreval wrote: »
    You're at Eurogamer Expo right? Did the guy use pushblocking much, or did the other players not manage to get up-close at all? Right now pushblocking seems to be much too powerful.

Ya, I saw a few guys using it. Pushblocking to half screen was way to common.

As kneecap mentioned earlier, this game looks way better in person. graphics are sick tbh, which didn't come across in videos online at all.

Some guy beat the crap out of me. I used normal inputs and he played with simple... What's the difference?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Spencer looks pretty cool. Sort of like Hazama. I might try sticking him in my line up =)
    Also, him shouting "Get over here!" is awesome.

spencer.jpg

Arthur looks pretty meh to play as =/

arthur.jpg

lol wut

modokvmodok.jpg

08_mvc03.jpg

Big shock. Magneto's back.

homagneto.jpg

08_mvc04.jpg

• Marvel will announce two new characters on their side at the Comic-Con panel tomorrow (Saturday) at 10:45 a.m. EST tomorrow. Full coverage of this will be provided here on EventHubs. (These were MODOK and Magneto)

• Arthur has all the attacks and specials he had in the original Ghost 'n Goblins games.

• Spider-man is the first character they're showing who will have alternate costumes. Iron Spider, Symbiote Spidey, and the new Spider-Man costume from the upcoming "Big Time" comics.

08_spideralt.jpg

• The plot of the game is that Doctor Doom, with the help of Wesker, has assembled a team of villains together that could destroy both Capcom and Marvel's worlds. As such, it's a "Battle that will decide the fate of two worlds." i.e. Fate of Two Worlds.

• The lead battle designer for MvC3 is the same person from Marvel vs. Capcom 2.

...that plot is disgraceful.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Misty Chaos

Meh, when has a Marvel fighting game being about plot anyway?

• Advertisement

Since they said they were giving this one an actual plot.
    I mean, I didn't really expect much, but anything is better than some retarded Doom/Wesker slashfic.
    Even MKvDC tried to have a bit of a decent story at least.

EDIT: Also, some dodgy looking photos from NYCC. Ask Chris for some salt before viewing though.
    Eventhubs had an article about these up, but they took it down.

1286583867001.jpg
    1286583908267.jpg

Arthur! Epic! And he plays just like in G&G! Sooo picking him.

Spencer's dialogue with Iron Man is pretty neat too. Never heard of him before. Who's older, him or the Bionic Commando?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

08_mvc04.jpg

AEGIS REFLECTAH!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Those last pics look like Mega Man, Jill Valentine, Bison and Gief?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

those pictures are from the MVC2 online release :pac:

Someone mentioned that on Eventhubs alright, I couldn't be arsed actually looking for those images at 0330 last night to confirm that though XD

Wait. A quick Wiki tells me that Spencer is the Bionic Commando. I'd assumed he was Marvel because of his dialogue with Iron Man. Cool.

Also, the more I watch the Arthur video, the more I like it. I'm going to force him into my main team if I have to suffer the ridicule of God himself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

The comments section on eventhubs is painful to read, crowd of whiny babies

Dunjohn wrote: »
    Wait. A quick Wiki tells me that Spencer is the Bionic Commando. I'd assumed he was Marvel because of his dialogue with Iron Man. Cool.

Get with the times laddy.

Also:

Ho! Magneto!
    That beam he fires is going to get extremely annoying purely because of the thing he says.

MODOK's music is kind of fun at least. That shield he can drop is interesting too.
    I can confidantly say I will never try to get good with this dude.

Kind of cool (and annoying) how Arthur levels up his armour like in G&G. The Hyper combo Magneto finishes off at the end is pretty damn sweet.

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭DarkTalant

MODOK looks awesome!

EDIT holy crap can he block?

• Advertisement

Sairus wrote: »
    That beam he fires is going to get extremely annoying purely because of the thing he says.

They'd hardly make a new MvC without filling it with horribly-catchy speech samples (Ba-zar-kar-klaaaw). Although, Magneto's voice does bug me in this game. Sounds like a cross between Patrick Stewart and the guy from the Champion Sports ads.

Pretty much the entire front page of SRK is NYCC MvC3 stuff right now. There's:
    • the entire Capcom panel from Friday
    • the Magneto and MODOK reveals from the Marvel panel on Saturday
    • interviews with Killian and Niitsuma
    • gameplay videos of the four new characters
    • impressions from players
    • other stuff like jump-cancelable normals and alternate colours

Also http://www.youtube.com/AkumaHokoru has a bunch of NYCC gameplay videos right now (still using the 18-character TGS build, though.)

Jim wrote: »
    Those last pics look like Mega Man, Jill Valentine, Bison and Gief?

Interesting...maybe a Resident Evil team will be possible? The only problem is that they're all Capcom, I seriously doubt they'd make the numbers uneven at this stage.

I'd still like to see Green Goblin in there (or at least Venom).

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭GorySnake

Mr. K wrote: »
    Interesting...maybe a Resident Evil team will be possible? The only problem is that they're all Capcom, I seriously doubt they'd make the numbers uneven at this stage.

I'd still like to see Green Goblin in there (or at least Venom).
    Dreddybajs wrote: »
    those pictures are from the MVC2 online release pacman.gif

Not for MvC3

GorySnake wrote: »
    Not for MvC3

Ah...missed that one! Still hopeful that Jill will be in it though...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

viewtiful joe! henshin a go-go baby!

The Japanese version of the MvC3 site has the character themes:

http://www.capcom.co.jp/mvsc3/ch_capamerica.html#flashcontent

Just lick on the BGM button twice.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Yreval wrote: »
    Just lick on the BGM button twice.

Normally I'd think of that as a typo, but... mmmmmmm... themes....

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭GorySnake

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2010/oct/26/more-marvel-vs-capcom-3-notes-niitsuma-and-seth/

Lots of info in there: At least 10 more characters to be revealed? A Mega Man character yet to be revealed? Magneto is still pringles?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

Still praying for Jill and Sakura!

Jill would be perfect so I can have a RE team of Chris/Jill/Wesker!

Advertisement