Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Marvel vs Capcom 3 discussion

Options
1333435363739»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

I imagine they're busilly putting together a Strider costume for use in future Assist Me videos before the do Doom's reaction.

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Speed Boat

Niitsuma said in an interview with destructoid that the disaster in Japan led to the lack of dlc due to delays and the option to go for a full disc update made more sense.

So that sort of explains that.

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭the 1st hardter

Uhh, I don't believe that's true.

they really need a sarcasam font I think

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Doyler01

http://rev-depot.com/2011/07/20/ultimate-marvel-vs-capcom-3-info-post/

OOOOH Freedom double jump!!

List of changes noticed so far..

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Master of Freedom got a buff it seems. Clearly they've seen your head wrecking Captain in action ;)

She hulk faster. . . . .thats all we need. A green blur running at me then I'm dead

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭Azure_sky

Apart from Strider I'm really disappointed by the new Capcom characters. I would have loved to seen Demetri or Bishimon.

Niitsuma was interviewed on stream earlier and SRK summarised his responses:
    • The game will have 8 new stages. None of the old stages are going away. Some of the new stages are different versions of old stages, with different weather or time-of-day, and many differences in the background to accommodate those changes.
    • UMvC3 will be “on display” at Evo 2011.
    • Every old character is being looked at, but not every one will get brand new moves. Some will be tweaked in more subtle ways.
    • The team looked at major tournament results when making decisions about what to change in UMvC3.
    • DLC you purchsed in ‘vanilla’ MvC3 is a mixed bag. The costume pack featuring Ryu, Dante, Chris, Captain America, Iron Man, and Thor will carry over to Ultimate if you bought it. Shuma and Jill DLC characters will also carry over. However, shadow mode will not exist in UMvC3, so if you bought those, they are confined to vanilla.
    • The number of colors and costumes available per character has increased by an unknown number.
    • The encounter with Galactus has been enhanced in UMvC3.
    • The game’s netcode has been retooled to ‘reduce lag’, and to make matchmaking easier. This includes easier rematch options online.
    • When asked about releasing full and detailed change logs for UMvC3 and/or when the game is patched, Niitsuma just laughed. This is a disappointing difference in culture.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Sairus wrote: »
    However, shadow mode will not exist in UMvC3, so if you bought those, you are an idiot.

Fixed. :p

• Advertisement

http://www.1up.com/do/blogEntry?bId=9085015

Some new costumes seen here.

Caps new costumes are glorious

• Registered Users Posts: 10,985 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

ELVIS MODOK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

ELVIS MODOK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Incorrect....

MAGNANIMOUS MODOK!

Groovy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Incorrect....

MAGNANIMOUS MODOK!

Groovy.

That was my first thought too, but there's no official connection whatsoever between Megas XLR and Marvel, so that can't be it.

That was my first thought too, but there's no official connection whatsoever between Megas XLR and Marvel, so that can't be it.

As opposed to that long established connection between Marvel and Elvis.

Quick google search turned up this

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/7/75445/1471489-double3.jpg

I won't embed it because it's giant, but it looks like a reference to Nextwave

lol, the fact that magnaminous is based on Modok crossed with Bruce Campbell dressed as Elvis kind of makes me confident to make the comparison :D

lol, the fact that magnaminous is based on Modok crossed with Bruce Campbell dressed as Elvis kind of makes me confident to make the comparison :D

I was looking at it from the perspective of "Why would Marvel reference a cartoon network show", as opposed to "Why would Doom compare Modok to Magnanimous".

I was looking at it from the perspective of "Why would Marvel reference a cartoon network show", as opposed to "Why would Doom compare Modok to Magnanimous".

Well, the announcer also says "Dare to believe you can survive" which'd be a MASSIVE coincidence if it isn't a reference to a Hasbro property (transformers).

Marvel digs giant robots. Just like chicks and everyone else.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

I'm actually incredibly impressed that this has managed to get derailed into Megas discussion.

Nice.

Advertisement