Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Marvel vs Capcom 3 discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

I think it looks horrible.

MvC2 is much nicer to look at.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

I love how Deadpool actually Shoryukens like that one shot in the comic.
    I've always hated Dormamu's flaming pumpkin head, so I'm not too thrilled to see him as what looks to be the big bad guy.

Here's Felicia since she's not in any videos.
    EDIT: Screens were gigantic.

15_mvc3screen06.jpg
    15_mvc3screen01.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Dunjohn

Deadpool: "SHO-RYU-KEN!" HA! I don't know a thing about comics but I can see I'll like this guy.

I see Tron Bonne in the background of one of the stages. Too bad, that means she's probably not in the game and I liked to use her in MvC2. Well, sorta. Actually, most of her moves sucked. Okay, now I'm glad she's gone.

Iron Man still looks out of place. He's trying to look all reflective and shiny but it's making him look like a render on a pixel-drawn background. I don't like Captain America's voice either, it sounds way too deep. Reminds me of House of the Dead 2, actually. "It's trrm to strrp frrlling arr-rrrrnd." Aside from all that, I think the graphics and animation are gorgeous.

Why no Morrigan or Chunners in the videos? All five known Marvellites are present and correct.

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Generic_name01

This is looking to be great craic though dante seems to have crazy strong supers! Still as its console only I look forward to it the way I'd look forward to a new smash bros. As in not taking it seriously and just looking at it as something fun!

When deadpool throws grenades, is he saying "I LOVE PINEAPPLES!"?

I love his BANGBANGBANGBANGBANG

Dunjohn wrote: »
    Deadpool: "SHO-RYU-KEN!" HA! I don't know a thing about comics but I can see I'll like this guy.
    Linkies

Hey. I never noticed there was no Morrigan footage there. Shinanigans!

• Advertisement

Sairus wrote: »
    Linkies

Hey. I never noticed there was no Morrigan footage there. Shinanigans!
    Yeah, I saw that before, dunno where. I didn't know Deadpool was constantly like this, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

I think it looks horrible.

MvC2 is much nicer to look at.

SURE IS
    morrigan00.bmp
    beautiful pixels there. mouth watering.
    I wonder if they used mspaint.

In fairness, Morrigan hasn't ever had an updated sprite since her first Darkstalkers outing and is pretty famous for looking dodgy in more recent games.
    Other characters look a lot smoother.
    tron.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Yeah using Morrigan as a frame of reference is a bit of a low blow

I have high hopes for this game, everyone get hype

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Placebo wrote: »
    *SNIP*

FAPFAPFAPFAPFAPFAPFAPFAPFAPFAPFAP

• Advertisement

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

This looks fncking sexy.

I'm so glad they put in Wade's shoryuken. Also his bodyslide.

EDIT: It'd be awesome if when calling in Iron Man Cap said something like "Murdering Bastard" instead of "Tony" :D

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Dreddybajs wrote: »

Felicia too.

This is looking really fun so far.

Everyone loves embedded videos.

Morrigan

Felicia

This game looks absoloutely gorgeous.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

Looks nice although as always the second they start playing it just looks like a random mess and I've no idea whats actually happening. Find it very hard to even watch a full match.

I'll still give this my best shot to try and like it when it comes out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Misty Chaos

That looks.... completely insane.

Where do I sign up. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

Dreddybajs wrote: »
    Yeah using Morrigan as a frame of reference is a bit of a low blow

I have high hopes for this game, everyone get hype

why give a GAME that didnt bother make new sprites but rip them from older games and not to one thats re-inventing the wheel?

its a perfect example. No low blows
    get off it.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

MvC3 moves & controls
    Light-Medium-Heavy attacks, "Special/Air combo" button, 2 assists.

Looking very friendly. Me like!

I like how the fighters call for the characters that you're about to switch to. Like how Chris yelled "Feliciuh!" just before switching to her (2.06 in video 7). Neat little touch.

I still wanna see Deadpool beating someone with their own health bar. Unless it's in there somewhere and I missed it. Like Sisko said, it is a bit frantic.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

I'm not a fan of MvC2 but i just watched match 5 and i have to say that it was epic! Will definitely be giving this a shot

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Sairus wrote:

Chris is getting LAID tonight.

Placebo wrote: »
    why give a GAME that didnt bother make new sprites but rip them from older games and not to one thats re-inventing the wheel?

its a perfect example. No low blows
    get off it.

It's only Morrigan, she didn't deserve a new sprite anyway

The full character list for Marvel vs Capcom 3 has seemingly leaked early.

The list emerged via Flash coding on the Japanese Marvel vs Capcom 3 site, though it's since been altered to remove mention of other characters.

In any case, it's an interesting talking point, so here is the supposed character list in full:

Marvel: Spider-Man, Hulk, Wolverine, Mr Fantastic, Captain America, Iron Man, War Machine (alternate Iron Man outfit) Elektra, Thor, X-23, Magneto, Dr Doom, Shuma-Gorath, Emma Frost, Deadpool, Super Skrull, Taskmaster, Juggernaut, She-Hulk

Capcom: Ryu, Mike Haggar, Frank West, Chuck (alternate Frank West outfit), Spencer (Bionic Commando), Dante, Chris, Morrigan, Arthur, Amaterasu , Albert Wesker, Zero, Chun-li, Viewtiful Joe, Trish, Tron Bonne, Hsien-Ko, Akuma, Felicia

I dunno about this. They said none of the Fantastic Four were getting in, but Mr Fantastic stuck an arm in there anyway.
    Tron Bonne also seems suspect - I know previous games have had characters in the background which are then removed, but Tronne looks pretty integrated to the backdrop shown.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,985 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Super Skrull is a good way of having all four FF members in the game at once.

Would like to see Silver Surfer, Nova, Captain Marvel or Quasar on the Marvel side of things.

Yar you can see Skrull pretty clearly in the sillouettes so I figured that was the route they were taking. Having Skrull and Mr Fantastic seems a little too random/wasteful for me.

No Megaman? That's peculiar. And only three Street Fighters, that's a bummer. I see a lot of very similar characters - Super Skrull and Mr. Fantastic, War Machine and Iron Man, Wolverine and X-23, Akuma and Ryu, and so on. Still, I'm not gonna cry fake just yet because fake lists tend to have more fanboy elements.

I saw a mention of Taskmaster while I was Wiki-ing Deadpool yesterday. I't imagine he's the game's Edge Master or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

It has Deadpool so its automatically awesome :)

Dunjohn wrote: »
    No Megaman? That's peculiar.

I presumed Zero was Megaman Zero

• Registered Users Posts: 10,985 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Nah, Zero is a different character to Megaman or (Megaman) X.

• Advertisement

Oh, right. I'm pretty sure that thing that sairus pasted is incomplete anyway as another list I saw had Volnutt on it who is apparently a megaman of some sort

Advertisement