Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Those 'Oh God, I'm an Idiot' moments.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 409 ✭✭qwytre

On a first date kind of thing I thought it would be a nice idea to buy a good bottle of wine for the house.

What I didnt know at the time was you dont chill red wine in the fridge, yes I looked a right plonker taking the bottle from the fridge in front of the girl I was trying hard to impress :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

Got up in the middle of the night needin the loo, opened my wardrobe door and pissed all over my clothes

did the same thing in the bin in my kitchen one morning, lifted the lid and proceeded to fill it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 446 ✭✭Lillylilly

One day, myself and two friends went shopping on our lunch break. We were all working in the same supermarket at the time so were wearing our work uniforms. We all bought something in the same clothes shop, so had identical shopping bags. We passed by a big mirror, so I said to the girls, "look, we're like twins, only there's three of us". One of the girls replied with "that'd be triplets, yeah?!"!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

One of the last days of Secondary school our class head was warning us not to act the boll*cks as the fire alarm was set off numerous times during that week. That was grand anyway, walk out of the class and a mate and me stop at a fire alarm. So i turned to him and said "I wonder how thin that glass covering the alarm actually is" hep ut his finger close to it and then BAM ! I nudge his hand and *crack*, the glass breaks. Nothing happened for a few seconds so we both just stood there looking at each other then all of a sudden WEH WEH WEH WEH WEH WEH ! Everyone started going crazy, class head stormed out of the class right beside us, we admitted to is straight away. Didn't get into too much trouble.

Total "Why did I just do that ?!" moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

One day, I had taken a shower and afterwards realised the only clean towels I had were hanging on the drying rack thing, which happened to be in the living room... infront of floor to ceiling windows.

I figured I'd go in really quickly and grab a towel. Ran in, looked up and saw a guy standing on his balcony right across from mine. I panicked and decided the only way to deal with this situation was to dive onto the floor.

After a few seconds of lying naked on the ground, I thought to myself, "Shit, floor to ceiling, floor to ceiling, he can still see me" :o

When I casually picked myself up from floor, I noticed two of his friends had now joined him on the balcony and they were having a great ole laugh. FML!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭gaz wac

^^^^ post is nothing without pix :p

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Was watching Johnaton Ross on television, and one of the guests came on waving.

I waved back at the TV and instantly thought to myself ''Idiot''

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭Unique User Name

Went for a meal with my gf at the time about two years ago. Came out and walked over to my car. The door wouldn't open. There was a hole were the lock was. Fuming, I ran over to my gf's car to tell her some f**ker had just broken into mine. She comes over and says eh thats not your car you idiot!!! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭snuggles09

this is more of a "your an idiot" moment

friend of mine works with the disabled..he drives a bus for them and looks after them and takes them on trips etc..

one day they were pulled in having a picnic and a guy approached my friend saying he should be ashamed of himself and the lack of respect he had for his passengers was unbelievable..my friend hadnt a clue what he was on about..he then pointed to the side of the bus and said "there's no f***ing need for that" and was having a right go

the side of the bus says "Cuchulain Transport"..the guy wasn't Irish and had read it quickly going passed and thought it said "Cuckooland Transport":o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭Taco Corp

Have gone in search of my glasses some mornings...while wearing them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

When I was 11 a got a new outfit for my birthday. I was so pleased with it that I told all my family and everyone I met how it was my birthday suit! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭Sean Quagmire

qwytre wrote: »
    On a first date kind of thing I thought it would be a nice idea to buy a good bottle of wine for the house.

What I didnt know at the time was you dont chill red wine in the fridge, yes I looked a right plonker taking the bottle from the fridge in front of the girl I was trying hard to impress :)

THREAD WINNER!! WHAT AN IDIOT!!!111!!!!!!

Just joking

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭seanbmc

Walking around town today with a tag hanging out the back of my t shirt that I bought the other day :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭we'llallhavetea_old

something so simple, yet slightly soul destroying is, when a dog nose dives for your sexy bits.. :o

you feel like offering a sniff to everyone, just to let them know that it doesn't smell funky or anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭itac

Finishing a loooong day of shopping round Christmas time, battling my way up Grafton St. & thought I'd pop into Stephens Green shopping centre to use the loos on the top floor....the place was wedged, queue took forever, and so I was even more knackered leaving...just about remembered to take all my bags with me!

Off I trudged back to the escalators & found the "down" one after a minute...but I was so dopey that when I got to the bottom, I couldn't see another "down" escalator, and I ended up just standing for a few minutes at the top of stairs, thinking, "I wonder can you go down them stairs, or are they "up" only too....":rolleyes:

For an "Oh God, people are Idiot's" moment......

At Tesco in Maynooth, the travelator (I think that's the name for it!) had broken down, and there was five or six people just standing there, "stranded" waiting for it to be fixed....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

asking what mtv stood for when i was 15

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭jellybeans

itac wrote: »
    Finishing a loooong day of shopping round Christmas time, battling my way up Grafton St. & thought I'd pop into Stephens Green shopping centre to use the loos on the top floor....the place was wedged, queue took forever, and so I was even more knackered leaving...just about remembered to take all my bags with me!

Off I trudged back to the escalators & found the "down" one after a minute...but I was so dopey that when I got to the bottom, I couldn't see another "down" escalator, and I ended up just standing for a few minutes at the top of stairs, thinking, "I wonder can you go down them stairs, or are they "up" only too....":rolleyes:

For an "Oh God, people are Idiot's" moment......

At Tesco in Maynooth, the travelator (I think that's the name for it!) had broken down, and there was five or six people just standing there, "stranded" waiting for it to be fixed....

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭swe_fi

I had just met my (ex ex ex) girlfriend and was quite in love or something, wasn't really sure. But, I had (as you do) at some weak moment told her the 3 magic words after 3 weeks something which is fine i suppose...but i didn't really mean it "in my heart" :-)

We went away for a weekend with some of her and my mates, partying away in an apartment owned by my mum before we were to head out. As I got a bit drunk she was really clinging on to me, and the logic then was "she is so nice to me, she deserves the truth" or something along those lines in my tiny tiny brain. So as she was clinging away I told her "You remember I told you that I loved you?" "Yes..." "Well to be honest I don't think I meant it...yet(!??!)". It did not go down that well, the ol' honesty.

She was livid and started basically hitting me, throwing things around and pretty much hating me, so did all her friends. Thing is, we were in a city far away from home so we kinda had to go out because staying in the apartment was now very very awkward, so we left in 2 groups

Me and a mate ran ahead to get away from the now livid girls and decided "Yes, Lets climb up that scaffolding and knock on peoples windows while they watch tv so they get really scared" (this was a long time ago..). It worked really well and we worked our way up to the 5th floor. I was banging away at a window when my mate called me "Hey look at that". I looked down and WTF i saw this girl running down this busy city street throwing all her clothes off as she ran. We had a little laugh, and then he told me "that is actually your girlfriend". SH!!T I ran down the scaffolding and after her, picking up her clothes as I found them scattered over the road. She was a fast thing as well so had to rugby-tackle her in to a ditch to stop her, at that point only wearing her underwear.

I was thinking to myself afterwards, imagine if my mother had been driving past in a car, she had never met this girlfriend...

By the way i calmed her down by re-using the 3 magic words (lie+lie=truth) and I've been much more careful with them since.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

There was a new poster on the wall in work of a mother and child with the slogan "Sometimes Mammy and Daddy is Mammy OR Daddy". Dopey here, not realising the poster was highlighting single parenting, said for everyone to hear " Jesus, yeah, it must be awful hard on a little one to find out their Dad is a transexual":o:o

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭4davis7

walking through stephens green and a nice lady(:o) dropped a coin so i went to pick it up for her and didn't see her bending down to pick it and guess what, we banged heads. I felt so stupid and when i went to apologise i said "im sorry so, so sorry, sorry." after that i turned and walked away to save myself from doing something stupid and walked into the guy passing by. this isn't a joke it was one of the worst 2 minutes of my life.
    I bet she tought i was on drugs or something

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭yeah?

Oh god where do I start.. had a few.
    Mainly high.

Me and my mate were making those 'just add water' brownie mix things, and it said to add 50ml of water.

We had no measuring jug.

Basically we made brown soup.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

73Cat wrote: »
    Jesus, yeah, it must be awful hard on a little one to find out their Dad is a transexual":o:o

Kids can be wonderfully accepting and understanding even in those kinds of circumstances though.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

looking for my glasses wearing them or thinking 1 is a prime number come to mind :pac:

Or when I was sitting beside a friend and she text me she doesn't like this guy, what a weirdo...I was like HEY you texted me, I'm right here...she said she didn't...I read it out...the guy she was talking about wasn't happy, as he was with us...I was drinking dammit!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭komodosp

I was mowing the lawn in the rain (ok drizzle, but the grass was quite wet), so I was in a bad enough mood already when I mowed over the wire. Cursing my stupidity, I went over to pick up the live side of the cable! (i.e. the end connected to the mains)

I stopped myself just in time, but it didn't really matter as the trip-switch had cut off the power. But considering I didn't know that as I was bending over to pick up a wet cable with the bare wires exposed...

More recently, and less life threatening... I was painting the wall, my girlfriend brought me out a cup of coffee. Shortly afterwards, I dipped the paintbrush in the cup of coffee instead of the paint tin

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭PaddyBomb

Working with a new fella in work talking to him for the first time. He asked me what did I do last night.

Me: Ah I just had a few cans with the lads. You?

Him: I just stayed in with the girlfriend. *Wink*

Me: Ah, I know what you mean. *Wink back*

Found out later that he actually has a twitch :-(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭wonton

i was rushing to get ready for work one morning hunover and i accidently started washing my teeth with soap on tootbrush.

another one i ALWAYS do when im hungover or tired is say thank you to atm machines.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭we'llallhavetea_old

was after starting a new job and was outside talking to one of the lads.

he asked me my name and i blurted out "COLIN! .. i mean eh... "

i was mortified.. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭Chewbacca.

I ordered two lattes yesterday ,and the girl behind the counter asked me if I wanted an extra shot and I said 'sorry' even though I heard her
    She then asked if it was to go and I said 'sorry' again ... I also heard her
    She then told me how much it would cost and I said sorry again.. I heard her perfectly

I finally paid and said what as I was walking away

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭Bob Z

A friend of mine in scotland ordered a pizza the shopassistant asked him how many pieces he wanted(as she was going to cut it up) my friend replied he wanted it all

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭DylanJM

another one i ALWAYS do when im hungover or tired is say thank you to atm machines.

Haha that's pure gold! Serious embarassment when people are queing behnd you :D

Advertisement