Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Those 'Oh God, I'm an Idiot' moments.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Met a friends husband for the first time since he was out of prison, he'd been inside for 5yrs. Had kinda wondered to myself, as I knew I was bound to meet him on street, God, what do you say when you see him. So I said "Hey there, long time no see":o. Still cringe when think of that.....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Sapsorrow

gaz wac wrote: »
    I was telling people in work this morning about the top 5 Youtube clips that were shown on Rudetube last night;

" great clip of a bloke who lost his arm to a tiger" !!

" no way,what the name of the site"

"Redtube" :eek:

totally sent them to the wrong site :o*

* btw i dont look at redtube, it was for a college project !

Lol I have one like that, had some people at our place one night and was telling them all how funny the p*sstake website for facebook was. So we decided to log onto the site which I was convinced was called facef*ck.com It's actually called lamebook.com. Never hear the end of it now! :o

Oh god I just remembered one I'd manage to repress (god dammit!) I was chatting to a friend of the boyfs from work a few years ago at the pub and I asked her where she was from and she said west meath. I said something along the lines of oh I've never been to meath is it nice. Oh god I'm still really embarassed :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭mink_man

was doin my exams in a racecourse and i always thought they were posh kinda places, so when i saw the sign for "WC"
    > i presumed it was a fancy word for toilet, like water chamber or something....but then i saw it at a changing rooms and it showed a pic of a wheelchair so thats when i realised it meant wheelchair!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,516 ✭✭✭✭28064212

mink_man wrote: »
    was doin my exams in a racecourse and i always thought they were posh kinda places, so when i saw the sign for "WC"
    > i presumed it was a fancy word for toilet, like water chamber or something....but then i saw it at a changing rooms and it showed a pic of a wheelchair so thats when i realised it meant wheelchair!
    ...that's a joke right? WC means Water Closet, it's a standard toilet. WC over a wheelchair just means a disabled toilet

Boardsie Enhancement Suite - a browser extension to make using Boards on desktop a better experience (includes full-width display, keyboard shortcuts, dark mode, and more). Now available through your browser's extension store.

Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/boardsie-enhancement-suite/

Chrome/Edge/Opera: https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/boardsie-enhancement-suit/bbgnmnfagihoohjkofdnofcfmkpdmmce

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭daveyboy_1ie

One of my best mates was on a school exchange program to China once and on one of the last days was trying to chat up a particular bright young thing he had his eye on the entire trip. Anyway he got her alone and tried to speak to her to basically let her know he fancied her and see what his chances were. She either was having none of it or the language barrier was blocking his usual moves so he got more and more desperate.

Anyway he asked her about a disco that was organised for later that night and he mentioned he was going, hoping she would take the hint, her response was better than expected with her saying

'I love you'

he thought to himself am in there finally, so he said the words back

'I love you too'

at that she smiled and walked away a little embarressed. He thought to himself, well god bless her she is shy but at least she is game. He then proceeded to go to his mates and chat happy the seeds were planted for later on. A few minutes later a laugh came from the other side of the group of students he was with and everyone looking at him smiling and shaking their heads. He was told the reason and this is how the actual conversation went:

Himself 'Are you going to the Disco tonight? , I will be going hoping to see you there of course'

Herself 'All of you?'

.........pause

Himself 'eh I love you too'

Needless to say he did not go to the disco and stayed away from her the rest of the trip.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭Bob Z

mink_man wrote: »

This belongs in the 'thought I was but actually I was right' thread

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

When I was doing my pre leaving cert Home Ec exam I was finished early so I put a little extra effort into drawing my diagram of the endocrine (glandular) system.

Bear in mind that I'm a really good drawer if I do say so myself, so I was showing off a bit. Btw I didn't realise we'd be getting the papers back and like a total gobsh*te I drew all the details, hair and eyes etc... I didn't stop there however, I added in the willy and a hint of wispy pubic hair and all:).

The day our papers came back, the teacher was calling us all up individually to discuss ours. I was steaming with embarrassment. She said 'excellent diagrams Ann' but she tapped her pen at the hairy one and said 'I don't know if there was any call for that detail though':o. Whoever had corrected it and written a comment on it that the drawing was excellent. Got full marks for it too.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

When I was about 16 I was watching a first aid floor test competition with some friends. We were sitting on the grass, sun beaming down. I was all in a tizzy 'cos there was this particular fella with us who I was dying about:o. I glanced across at him to notice his eyes on me. He mouthed across to me the words 'who won?' I gormlessly thought he was blowing me a kiss (can't believe I'm telling people this) so I blushed and simpered:o and looked down at the daisies shyly. I peeped back up, he laughed and repeated the question...again I blushed but his time I blew one back.:eek::eek::eek::D He shook his head, laughed again and loudly said 'WHO FECKIN' WON?'.

Can you imagine the shame??:(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭Sanjuro

I tripped over my own foot chasing a mate of mine on Sunday. I used my face to break my fall. Now I look like Two-Face. Certainly felt like an idiot after that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭Bob Z

Ann22 wrote: »
    When I was about 16 I was watching a first aid floor test competition with some friends. We were sitting on the grass, sun beaming down. I was all in a tizzy 'cos there was this particular fella with us who I was dying about:o. I glanced across at him to notice his eyes on me. He mouthed across to me the words 'who won?' I gormlessly thought he was blowing me a kiss (can't believe I'm telling people this) so I blushed and simpered:o and looked down at the daisies shyly. I peeped back up, he laughed and repeated the question...again I blushed but his time I blew one back.:eek::eek::eek::D He shook his head, laughed again and loudly said 'WHO FECKIN' WON?'.

Can you imagine the shame??:(

no

• Registered Users Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭Junco Partner

this happened one day at school i was out that day and its one of my great regrets that i missed it. in computer class and one of the lads whos not the sharpest butter knife in the cutlery drawer was on some forum site turns around and asks in the loudest voice he can " WHAT THE FOCK DOES WTF STAND FOR?!!!" cue much laughter and ridicule from most of the class group for the remainder of the year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 drunkymunky87

Well,I think we've all endured plenty of them moments...
    I was pretty wasted a few years back at my best friends boyfriend's 21st..all his family were there. Seeing as I am from the south and they are from Bray they found me rather strange..anway,in all my stupidity I was having a conversation with yer mans mammy outside and I blurted out the following words...."Your husband wearsa a strap-on"...needless to say I wasnt impressed with mysefl...then her son,the birthday guys brother eneded up mawling me in the back seat of the cab home with the whole family inside......mortified.Couldnt believe I had did them things...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 drunkymunky87

Hahahaha!!Yeah,you danced yer heart out...how very GAY-tley of you!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭domrush

Ehhhhhhhhhhhhh What?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭shoelaceface

I was working night shifts last year and during the night I was trying to sort out staff hours for pay. Couldnt work out what to do with the bank holiday hours because the staff had worked the bank holiday and what i wanted to record was a day off in lieu but i didnt know how to. So eventually gave up on it that night until the next morning. Rang a few people in higher positions, they didnt know. So eventually decided to take it to the staff in salaries and ask them myself. Explained the problem, had four people in the salaries section huddled around looking at me trying to work out what the hell i was talking about plus another 6 listening in the background. After 5 minutes a girl pokes her head over a desk and said she was only owed the day off in place of the bank holiday so no pay! I was MORTIFIED, no wonder they were looking at me wondering what i was talking about!! The worst part was! I said 'oh god ha, sure we'l just blame it on being a Monday, my brains not working yet'. A girl stood up and said so sympathetically 'sorry but its actually thursday'. At this point my face was like a furnace, i said bye and RAN out until i got into my car. It was soooooo embarrasing!

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Benny Lava

I had to fill out an online form stating my preference for audio, photo or video next year in college. Mulling over audio and video, I missed the deadline and may now be thrown into any of the three. I abhor the concept of photography and being forced to use adobe photoshop and since I'm an aggressive narcissist I don't think I'll be able to work in groups (which is done in video).

I want to do audio, and I feel like quite the idiot for not making up my mind before the deadline.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

Sometimes when I'm driving along by myself and see a hot guy I say 'well hello sexy' out loud followed by some 'noises' (I'm by myself, no-one cares). I did it yesterday when I was stopped in traffic when a PSNI officer walked by, not realising that because the sun was out and it was baking I had my window wide open :o

He turned and gave me a thumbs up though, once he'd stopped laughing at me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 paul 101

about 2 months ago,me and my and about 6 friends were thinkin back to transition year, we got talkin bout why we had to do italian when no1 ever used it or even listen. one of my friends who happens to b from mayo but talk like a black person n is a bit slow says ' i was really good at italian, i could do the alfabet to 10"!!! :D what a simple ****!!!

paul 101 wrote: »
    about 2 months ago,me and my and about 6 friends were thinkin back to transition year, we got talkin bout why we had to do italian when no1 ever used it or even listen. one of my friends who happens to b from mayo but talk like a black person n is a bit slow says ' i was really good at italian, i could do the alfabet to 10"!!! :D what a simple ****!!!

Does anyone else see the irony in this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭Ms. Captain M

I drove the car out to my Da so he could take the hub caps off before the NCT, he said "You don't have hub caps, you have alloys"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭Stratige

funkyflea wrote: »
    Got up in the middle of the night needin the loo, opened my wardrobe door and pissed all over my clothes

did the same thing in the bin in my kitchen one morning, lifted the lid and proceeded to fill it
    Did the same to the freezer when i was a kid!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭StereoLove

I was sitting down watching TV one night and I picked up the remote. I was wondering why the channel wouldn't change. It was only after I had gone into the kitchen and got new batteries, I realised it was my phone in my hand, not the remote!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭dezzyd

StereoLove wrote: »
    I was sitting down watching TV one night and I picked up the remote. I was wondering why the channel wouldn't change. It was only after I had gone into the kitchen and got new batteries, I realised it was my phone in my hand, not the remote!

Happened me too, also have a habit of putting remote to my ear when phone rings -twit

• Registered Users Posts: 2,179 ✭✭✭fatherted1969

i woke up early one mprning in a panic thinking i'd slept it out and was late for work. got in car and drove the 25 miles at breakneck speed (the radio wasn't working either by the way) got to the carpark and all the lights was out so i went over to security guard and casually asked him the time ..it was 4.45 i was due in at 8am

another one i was down the country for a few days a couple of years ago and decided to bring the young feller to sunday mass. i walked around at the bottom as all the chairs were full. the young lad started acting up (as they do) so i sez if you dont stop we're going out.

he kept it up so i said thats it we're going out and opened the door beside me and stepped into........:o the confessional box .true story i still cringe remembering the people beside me sniggering :o:o

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

he kept it up so i said thats it we're going out and opened the door beside me and stepped into........:o the confessional box .true story i still cringe remembering the people beside me sniggering :o:o

Brilliant!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Rothmans

Was in the barbers the other day and as he was cutting my hair we were talking, he asked me if I had a job ( I'm a student btw). So I casually replied ''No'' and without even thinking added ''And yourself?''
    He was like ''erm . . . :confused:'' Instantly realising my mistake I said ''I mean are ya busy, BUSY, thats what I meant!''

lol I could see in the mirror how bleedin red my face went.

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭applesock

forgot to put a bra on one morning before work:mad:lol

Out on the town one night,
    didnt realise till the next day that one of the girls had dissapeared, but was told she had got a taxi home.
    Anyhu, rang her the next day, seeing if she was okay,
    Her: "ya im fine, just really hungover. Sorry I didnt ring, thought I lost my fone"
    Me: "OMG, (real panicked) Did you find it?!"

Arf.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

applesock wrote: »
    forgot to put a bra on one morning before work:mad:lol

You forgot to put your apples in socks?!

Advertisement