Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off topic thread ***no WM/Travel discussion here***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,785 ✭✭✭Kane-N-Nite

Thats a rip off, i think you should do the stop overs, it works out way cheaper
    I may do 1 stopover each way, but I aint doing 2. Depends what flights Im offered.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭WweAndTnaRules

I may do 1 stopover each way, but I aint doing 2. Depends what flights Im offered.
    The flights i booked were indirect but it was only 1 stop over (philadelphia) and it was dirt cheap as it included hotel and car rental for 10 days for 800

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Indirect is such a pain though. Half the day is gone & theres so much waiting.
    Where are the stop overs?

Heathrow for an hour and Washington for 4 hours. What i like about flying indirect is that it breaks the monotony of flying and it gives you a chance to stretch your legs and get some decent food, plus you get sorted at immigration at your first stop(in the US) so all you have to do is grab your bags and head for the hotel when you get to your destination.

The flights i booked were indirect but it was only 1 stop over (philadelphia) and it was dirt cheap as it included hotel and car rental for 10 days for 800
    That is very good, but all I'm seeing are flights that leave early, & eventually get to Atlanta before midnight. Im only going for 4 days, so the direct option of getting there before 4pm suits me grand. Might even get an Axxess thrown in for the evening.

Thats a really great deal.

• Advertisement

super-rush wrote: »
    Heathrow for an hour and Washington for 4 hours. What i like about flying indirect is that it breaks the monotony of flying and it gives you a chance to stretch your legs and get some decent food, plus you get sorted at immigration at your first stop(in the US) so all you have to do is grab your bags and head for the hotel when you get to your destination.
    That would be too much hassle for me. I bet the last flight gets in late?

I can sort immigration before I leave Dublin airport & be there 8 hours later. I'll only be bringing hand luggage, few jeans, t-shirts thrown in, & not pay anything to fly my chair over. Seems good to me.

That would be too much hassle for me. I bet the last flight gets in late?

I can sort immigration before I leave Dublin airport & be there 8 hours later. I'll only be bringing hand luggage, few jeans, t-shirts thrown in, & not pay anything to fly my chair over. Seems good to me.

Last flight gets in at 6:45pm. I'll definately be cutting down on the luggage this time. Ruinair tried to sting us for €50 on the way home in April, so we had to dump a few things in the bin :mad:
    One thing for sure is i'm going to be more careful with my choice of hotel this time. The Lexington was ok in PHX but i expected a lot more for the money i paid.

Id be up for going direct with Delta over, then have a stopover on my return, but all one way return flights cost around 350 and take between 13-16 hours. If im pricing the Delta flights at 400 each way, for what Im getting, they do not seem so bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭RKJ_force

guys when i go to mania(wm 29 we are going know its far far away but if you leave in greece you have to organize(parents money...)very early) ill get a platinum that means ringside that means take home chair thats why im asking everybody that get their chair home why are taking direct flights???

Direct flights are just easier. That's it. I'm not getting direct specifically for my chair, only for handiness, it's just a plus that my chair will be there on the other side.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭Initium

The truth is nothing can beat a direct flight. I usually travel to the US like 5 times a year and everytime I can I get a direct flight even if it's 200€ more, if it's way more then I go with a one stop flight but I can't recommend a 2 stop flight. The more you stop, the more options to your luggage get lost or get delays in your flights.

Lol good old Kane and his chair problems :) I usually go to the big 4 ppvs and check my chair in without a problem. If you pack it correctly will be good for sure! :-)

I can't wait to go to Atlanta again, I was there for this year Rumble and had a wonderful time there. Nice aquarium, world of coca cola, Hooters... :)

I whole heartedly agree with everything you said. Direct flights are just way more convienient at the end of the day. Even if the cost is more than others.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭RKJ_force

Initium wrote: »
    The truth is nothing can beat a direct flight. I usually travel to the US like 5 times a year and everytime I can I get a direct flight even if it's 200€ more, if it's way more then I go with a one stop flight but I can't recommend a 2 stop flight. The more you stop, the more options to your luggage get lost or get delays in your flights.

Lol good old Kane and his chair problems :) I usually go to the big 4 ppvs and check my chair in without a problem. If you pack it correctly will be good for sure! :-)

I can't wait to go to Atlanta again, I was there for this year Rumble and had a wonderful time there. Nice aquarium, world of coca cola, Hooters... :)

do you have fb or a youtube account???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭mmg200000

Kinda glad I'm head out from Portland,Maine. My cheapest round trip is 341.00

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 mitzo_1805

hi there i live in australia and was hoping to grab some travel packages, any word on the pricing? also how do i go about purchasing them?

thanks heaps

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭Initium

Welcome aboard man, if you read the prevous pages you'll find all the info we have at this moment and estimated package's prices, but we won't know them until monday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 mitzo_1805

ah k sweet

im most likely going to go for the gold package, cant wait :)
    all i need is a wweshop login correct?

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭Gambino Capo

RKJ_force wrote: »
    so what package everybody will get?and how many people will come with them?

I'll b gettin a double silver. Got my cousin makin the trip with me this year. Finally I'll have someone there to experience the weekend of a liftime with me as I flew solo for mania's 23 & 26. So pumped right now.

mitzo_1805 wrote: »
    ah k sweet

im most likely going to go for the gold package, cant wait :)
    all i need is a wweshop login correct?
    Technically you don't need am account, but it will speed the process up if you do.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭jmolloy

i'm thinking of going, may be last chance i get to go as may not have money next year and msg will sell out but will probably be stuck going on own can anyone who's gone on there own advise if a package is best or should i book it all seperate

• Advertisement

First off, welcome. :)

I booked a package for 25 & went seperate for 26. I went on my own both times, but met lots over there. I hope to get a package on Monday, I would recommend a package, but both are similar. Just depends on your budget.

thanks i've been reading this forum for a good while as trying to get as much info as possible.you guys certainly know your stuff

Willing to go round 2,000 slightly more's probably possible but flights could be the killer. So trying to figure how long I can delay and still get them fairly reasonably but yeah I like the thought of just buying the package and having everything in place for going

jmolloy wrote: »
    thanks i've been reading this forum for a good while as trying to get as much info as possible.you guys certainly know your stuff

Willing to go round 2,000 slightly more's probably possible but flights could be the killer. So trying to figure how long I can delay and still get them fairly reasonably but yeah I like the thought of just buying the package and having everything in place for going
    Where are you flying from, & what package were you hoping to get?

Gold or Siilver judging by last years prices. Flying from Dublin delta seem most reasonable but open to suggestion

Well Delta is expensive, but I think its worth it for direct. Im gonna save up for flights in the next month or 2, you could more than likely afford platinum if you were to save for flights after the packages, but if 2000 is your final budget, the feeling is silver packages are better value than gold, so if you went that route, you should be covered.

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭killyourtv

I went direct with Delta to Orlando and that was only 440

how much from orlando to atlanta?i'd love a theme park day before going up

killyourtv wrote: »
    I went direct with Delta to Orlando and that was only 440
    thats in £ though, right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭WweAndTnaRules

jmolloy wrote: »
    how much from orlando to atlanta?i'd love a theme park day before going up
    Atlanta has Six Flags Over Georgia which has more Roller coasters than Universal Studios and Disneyland and its more fun...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭killyourtv

thats in £ though, right?

That was in Euro's, Dublin - Orlando

Advertisement