Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off topic thread ***no WM/Travel discussion here***

Options
  • 29-03-2010 10:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭

Seeing people are already discussing WM 27, thought I might start this thread.

Wrestlemania 27
    Georgia Dome, Atlanta
    Sunday 3rd April 2011

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 351 ✭✭Tribesmen7

I loved the last thread. It was really interesting reading about other people preparing to go to Wrestlemania and to see how they are getting on over there before, during and after the event. Makes me feel a bit jealous that I'm missing out. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

Good god, the Mania 27 travel thread is up ready:eek::eek:

Only way I'll be going to Georgia for Mania is if I win the lotto:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Might go this year :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭LegendKiller_

Might go next year :D

fixed your post for ya :rolleyes:

anyways yes i'll be going next year just wanna forget what happend this year and look forward to this one will be getting a travel package this time

• Registered Users Posts: 10,977 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

When do tickets go on sale and do people normally get the packages that WWE do?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 758 ✭✭✭davrho

They packages are probably available now. When in Orlando(wm24) a few years ago they gave us the paperwork for Houstan as we were checking in with the wwe staff.

I will check with my mates who usually make the arrangements. I think i will be going too and probably on the gold package.

Packages went on sale July of last year normal tickets went on sale on November of last year i think well from what i read people would rather book everything separate since you dont get the best seats in a package
    davrho wrote: »
    They packages are probably available now. When in Orlando(wm24) a few years ago they gave us the paperwork for Houstan as we were checking in with the wwe staff.

I will check with my mates who usually make the arrangements. I think i will be going too and probably on the gold package.

nah packages are not onsale yet will be awhile before they go onsale

nah packages are not onsale yet will be awhile before they go onsale

The first thing that happened when we checked in with the wwe staff in Orlando was they gave us the paperwork to book for the package in Houstan. You get first choice as a previous customer. I remember this so clearly as we thought they were cheeky feckers.
    Maybe they don't go on sale to the public until July but as a previous customer you can prebook.

davrho wrote: »
    The first thing that happened when we checked in with the wwe staff in Orlando was they gave us the paperwork to book for the package in Houstan. You get first choice as a previous customer. I remember this so clearly as we thought they were cheeky feckers.
    Maybe they don't go on sale to the public until July but as a previous customer you can prebook.

ah right yea i belive so

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

I am hoping to get a subforum for this, rather than one huge thread.

Show your support here

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055859057

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭Benjo™

After having to cancel my trip to this years (only 2 days before leaving), I am incredibly determined to go next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭*tripsi*

In total how much would this cost?? lol It seems rather expensive!

*tripsi* wrote: »
    In total how much would this cost?? lol It seems rather expensive!

I spent well over €1,500 this year couldn't go due to the airline :mad: so lost all that money on something i never went to was gutted but this time i'ma make sure it doesn't happen again

• Registered Users Posts: 8,785 ✭✭✭Kane-N-Nite

While 1 part of me doesn't want the hassle of doing it again next year, I got a text this morning in Vegas from a friend back home asking if I was going next year, to which I replied "yes". I can't help but want to do it all over again. It is an unbelievable few days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 351 ✭✭Tribesmen7

While 1 part of me doesn't want the hassle of doing it again next year, I got a text this morning in Vegas from a friend back home asking if I was going next year, to which I replied "yes". I can't help but want to do it all over again. It is an unbelievable few days.

How many Wrestlemanias have you been to?

Only 25 & 26. In the end they're worth the cost & hassle. I had an amazing 4 nights in Phoenix. Kept busy every day doing WWE stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 xGARx

Hey, I found the forum for WM26 to be hugely helpful and am definitely going to WM27 next year. Hopefully this thread will be just as informative as the WM26 one as from reading that it helped make my mind up about going next year :)

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭BrianSlipknot

WrestleMania 25: Houston, Texas. Big draw! TEXAS, 25th anniversary, my 1st time in america and to a proper wwe event.

WrestleMania 26: Phoenix, Arizona. Bret Hart! The desert! Arizona! Grand Canyon! Everything!

WrestleMania 27: Atlanta, Georgia. Cant see what will lure me to go here tho! :confused::confused::confused:

Personally: Mania 30! New York City! Maddison Square Garden. Now THAT will be one not to miss! 2014 tho! :cool:

WrestleMania 26: Phoenix, Arizona. Bret Hart! The desert! Arizona! Grand Canyon! Everything!

I worked for Intel in Pheonix for 6 months and found it the most boring place on gods earth. One of the main reasons for not going this year.

Chicago and Orlando were miles ahead of Pheonix. Feck, even the ghost city Detroit had more life about it than Pheonix.

I think Atlanta will be decent enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

Personally: Mania 30! New York City! Maddison Square Garden. Now THAT will be one not to miss! 2014 tho! :cool:

I suspect WM30 will be almost impossible to get tickets for if it's held at MSG. Isn't that a much smaller venue, with a capacity of about 20,000 or something?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,342 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

I suspect WM30 will be almost impossible to get tickets for if it's held at MSG. Isn't that a much smaller venue, with a capacity of about 20,000 or something?

yeah 20k, houseshows in msg sell out all the time, its wwe's homevenue if you will

tickets for mania 20 sold out in seconds, i never even got offered one ticket on general sale before they were gone, ended up paying over the odds on ebay :(

rossie1977 wrote: »
    yeah 20k, houseshows in msg sell out all the time, its wwe's homevenue if you will

tickets for mania 20 sold out in seconds, i never even got offered one ticket on general sale before they were gone, ended up paying over the odds on ebay :(

I'd say packages might be the best way to guarantee yourself a ticket for WM30 if it's at MSG. Everyone and their father will be riding Ticketmaster.com like their life depended on it trying to get tickets, but I suspect there'd be less of a demand for packages and you might sneak a ticket that way. Even though booking everything yourself is much much cheaper.

How much cheaper, on average does it work out booking everything seperately?

xGARx wrote: »

It depends really. I think the top packages were going for about $1400 dollars US which is just over 1000 euro. For the top packages (that 1000 euro) you'd get a ringside ticket and 3 nights in a hotel, along with some stuff like trips to Axxess etc I think. But you have to remember that you also need to add the price of your flights on top of that as well.

If you aren't looking for a ringside ticket, it's much cheaper to book everything yourself. If you book early you can get return flights cheap enough and the same with hotels. Then you just add the price of your ticket on top of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,342 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

xGARx wrote: »

depends, i always like booking everything myself, i ended up changing hotels in phoenix the week before i left ireland and we were all happy enough with the lexington, our group had basically the entire top floor to ourselves :D

just taking phoenix and mania into account on this trip (we were in the states for 2 weeks before mania)

mania tickets (row 10 of section 110) cost ~€70
    raw tickets cost ~€40
    4 nights in phoenix hotel (twin room) was ~€210 so €105 each
    flights to the states worked out at €440 each and that included stops in san francisco and vegas as well as phoenix

Thanks for all the info. Me and my mate were looking at doing the silver package plus flights and its working out (on this years prices) around €900 each. I'm definitely going to look at individually booking everything now. Cheers again.

I'm already organising dates to go over. Looks like the Wednesday before, the 30th, catch some extra Axxess, than leave the day after Raw. So glad Delta fly directly from here to Atlanta.

I'm already organising dates to go over. Looks like the Wednesday before, the 30th, catch some extra Axxess, than leave the day after Raw. So glad Delta fly directly from here to Atlanta.

I guess it will be a while before flights are available. Just looking and I booked my flights last July and got a good deal.

Delta are only showing flights from like the first week of March, so it'll be a month or so till I can price & grab return flights.

• Advertisement

I don't think I'd book through Expedia again though, well unless they were insanely cheaper. They can't seem to do anything to change your flights without contacting the airline and making you wait then never calling you back.

I wonder would Raw be on in Atlanta on the Monday though. Is there another arena nearby they could go to?

Advertisement