Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

vu+ duo

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,539 ✭✭✭✭banie01

glic83 wrote: »
    Vix seems to be getting the thumbs up from a lot of other users on other forums supposed to be an update to the image shortly

I've tried VIX and its a great looking image with fantastic EPG but I switched back to OpenPLI.
    I had issues with crashing to green screen from CoolEPG and from CCcam 2.14 when altering settings that while not major were an annoyance.
    I will be moving to VIX image as soon as the next update is released though, as a first attempt from the team there it is fantastic, as soon as they add some functionality/drivers for WLAN and some other bits I want along with skins and plugins to their FTP servers it really will be the best image available for the Vu +(In my opinion at least ;) )

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

I shall await to see what the update brings and maybe try it then.

I assume it's possible to back up all my settings for use on VIX, as damned if I wanna set up from the start again?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

banie01 wrote: »
    I've tried VIX and its a great looking image with fantastic EPG but I switched back to OpenPLI.
    I had issues with crashing to green screen from CoolEPG and from CCcam 2.14 when altering settings that while not major were an annoyance.
    I will be moving to VIX image as soon as the next update is released though, as a first attempt from the team there it is fantastic, as soon as they add some functionality/drivers for WLAN and some other bits I want along with skins and plugins to their FTP servers it really will be the best image available for the Vu +(In my opinion at least ;) )

Are you using the Vu+HD skin?
    Anything else, including the other three skins included will cause crashes in coolepg and softcam.

I had tearing at top of the screen when hitting coolepg but no green screens, now I don't get teh tearing at all (don't know why)
    VIX are recoding coolepg so I expect to see that fixed in v1.1

One thing I can't get to work is the plugin nfibackup so I'm winging it without a complete backup of the image. It's available on the plugin server, downloads etc but doesn't appear anywhere afterwards.

I'm happy enough to stay with it as i can reflash and send over my sat settings in a few minutes.

I think besides it being clean and uncluttered, the autotimer plugin has been reworked and now acts almost like sky+ which is a big positive - that's what's keeping me on this image.

Once they have the plugin/skin server set up properly and tweak the epg, it will be bye bye openpli for good for me (though that is a great image too)

byte wrote: »
    I shall await to see what the update brings and maybe try it then.

I assume it's possible to back up all my settings for use on VIX, as damned if I wanna set up from the start again?

Yes, use dreamset or dreamboxedit to back up your sats/bouquets from current image then ftp back after you flash VIX.
    You can use DCC to backup and restore your timers etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,539 ✭✭✭✭banie01

gambiaman wrote: »
    Are you using the Vu+HD skin?
    Anything else, including the other three skins included will cause crashes in coolepg and softcam.

I had tearing at top of the screen when hitting coolepg but no green screens, now I don't get teh tearing at all (don't know why)
    VIX are recoding coolepg so I expect to see that fixed in v1.1

One thing I can't get to work is the plugin nfibackup so I'm winging it without a complete backup of the image. It's available on the plugin server, downloads etc but doesn't appear anywhere afterwards.

I'm happy enough to stay with it as i can reflash and send over my sat settings in a few minutes.

I think besides it being clean and uncluttered, the autotimer plugin has been reworked and now acts almost like sky+ which is a big positive - that's what's keeping me on this image.

Once they have the plugin/skin server set up properly and tweak the epg, it will be bye bye openpli for good for me (though that is a great image too)

Yeah I stuck with the VIX default skin as I knew there were issues with other skins and in fairness it is a fairly decent skin anyway.

I think come version 1.1 it will be the goto image for most people:-)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Dr Nic

Did anyone get a pm from that spanish site recently?
    Price down to 350 apparently...

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭RogerThis

Dr Nic wrote: »
    Did anyone get a pm from that spanish site recently?
    Price down to 350 apparently...

I got a email on Friday with a link to this
    http://www.tododream.com/foro/electronica-suiza/145857-oferta-vu-duo-290-74-euros-electronica-suiza.html

I think that says reply to a pm and he'll send you the details.
    I did that but, got no reply.
    Or else i cant see the reply on the site.
    Any idea's?

Just found the reply...
    Incl delivery came to 416euro, so no saving really

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭glic83

the cheapest i have seen them on uk sites in £375 not including delivery so €416 is still a decent price

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭stam

Has anyone got irish dtt mpeg 4 working on this box or can a tuner be fitted to this box i seen talk about usb tuner but have not heard much more thats the only thing stoping me from getting it i hear great reports about this box was also looking at azbox that has tuner but hear bad reports about that one have a tm 6900 hd combo

• Registered Users Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭carbsy

stam wrote: »
    Has anyone got irish dtt mpeg 4 working on this box or can a tuner be fitted to this box i seen talk about usb tuner but have not heard much more thats the only thing stoping me from getting it i hear great reports about this box was also looking at azbox that has tuner but hear bad reports about that one have a tm 6900 hd combo

I have an Azbox Ultra HD and love it.It can be got almost €200 cheaper (from the states through ebay) than the Vu+ Duo (only 1 tuner though but it suits me fine), has a great blindscan and can show 4:2:2 feeds.

Now... I must admit that it requires a lot more tinkering than the Vu+ Duo in order to get it working properly, but I enjoy the challenge. :)

*EDIT* I use the DTT tuner on my TV rather than the satellite receiver so it might not suit you.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭stam

Ok good to hear that so are you saying it connects to the internet easy and can do all those other things ok is the picture good is it easy to use thanks

stam wrote: »
    Ok good to hear that so are you saying it connects to the internet easy and can do all those other things ok is the picture good is it easy to use thanks

Picture is fantastic but it's not easy to setup/configure properly.It's deffo not a box for the 1st time linux sat user imho.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,170 ✭✭✭irishchris

Hi first off I'm not knocking anyone elses opinion of azbox but for me was absolutely brutal box. Gave me so many headaches sold it at a loss and got vu+ duo. Best decision ever
    Vu= stress free problem free much better support

irishchris wrote: »
    Hi first off I'm not knocking anyone elses opinion of azbox but for me was absolutely brutal box. Gave me so many headaches sold it at a loss and got vu+ duo. Best decision ever
    Vu= stress free problem free much better support

Headaches yes lol me too but I like things that are hard to configure - more of a challenge when you beat it so to speak. :) I have it running good now but it took a lot of time and effort.I just love conquering stuff lol

I'm sure to buy a vu+ duo too in the not too distant future to complement my ultra as it's a top box and I do like Enigma 2 having used a ported version on my old DM600 for the last 6 months or so.

hi mate

i have a dm600 too did not know it could use enigma 2?? i have pli jade 3 enigma 1 in it at mo

irishchris wrote: »
    hi mate

i have a dm600 too did not know it could use enigma 2?? i have pli jade 3 enigma 1 in it at mo

Ah yeah.It's a great little SD receiver.A guy called PCD is doing the porting and it works great.There's a new v3.1 released -> see here

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Hawkeyes

Hey can anyone helf me out ?

I just flashed the VIX image on my VU+ Duo.I'm on a motorised setup and can't for the life of me figure out how to move my dish.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭stanley1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭fish fingers

It's excellent, stability and features top notch.

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭RogerThis

Got VIX 1.1 setup last night, well impresseed.
    Changed over from DreamElite. Used DreamboxEdit for the transfer of bouquets and satellites. Had a little problem with cccam, it was started by default. Took about 45 minutes in total for a working box.

yes vix really is the best image i have seen on vu duo. much superior to dream elite which WAS the best. only thing lacking is full support for dtt usb stick but that is more of a vu duo team problem. good to see suntek is supported in all images but i have a hauppage wintv usb :(
    but in terms of epg which has vast choice and stability it is excellent!!

byte

Just after installing VIX, replacing the until-now good OpenPLi.

Now, I just need to get 28E working.... and motor!

well at least with this image the bouquets are available to download via the remote and any future updates you can just use the update feature on the image

byte

I flashed across somebody elses image, so that got 28E working.

Just can't get Ccam working. THat used to read my JSC card. Even the CCaminfo1.3 doesn't work. I get "Error reading webpage"

I installed CCam 214 via the plugin menu, but there was no cfg file, so I uploaded my own. I put it in var/etc which I believe to be the right place.

it just goes straight into the etc folder on the duo m8 no need for var/etc

byte

glic83 wrote: »
    it just goes straight into the etc folder on the duo m8 no need for var/etc
    Aye, the var/etc folder redirects there anyway, so really, that's where the config file is.

• Advertisement

Yep that's the right spot for it.

dunno what's gone wrong with your install - maybe flash again?

Alos, i find installing one plugin at a time stops any 'bugs' surfacing, plus it's safer to reboot after installing a plugin.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement